Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v South Africa
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

1st Test - Sri Lanka v South Africa
Galle International Stadium

2nd Test - Sri Lanka v South Africa
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

----------

I refuse to believe the IND vs ENG serious is so big that this series between the just detroned # 1 team (according to the rankings at least) and a SRI team that just won its first series in England & outside of Asia since god knows when is not getting no interest on PC ha...

Anyway interesting article on Kallis - will be interesting to see how his ODI career saga plays out between now the world cup - Sri Lanka v South Africa, 2nd ODI, Pallekele : South Africa face the Kallis question | Cricket Features | Sri Lanka v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well its not like no one is interested in this series, its just that there are not many South Africans and Sri Lankans on PC who would start the discussion and eventually people would barge in. And yes India vs England is a big series if not for you it is for many many of us.

BTW interesting words used there, according to you what is an interesting series?

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I have to agree with War, it is a bit surprising to see that very few are interested in this series.

Quinton looks like the real deal for SA and ABdV is in scintillating touch as well, so don't rule out a 330-odd score. Morris' injury came at the worst possible time for SA, he could have improved this side a lot.

Rizwan_zak11

Associate Captain
SA won the series by 2-1. With that Proteas register their first ever series win in Srilanka. On the other hand Kallis is having a hell of time, 0,1,4 were his score in the series, what do you guys think? Should he retire or ?

Nas

Club Cricketer
Is Kallis going to play in the test series? I'm not sure if he retired from Test or not.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah he has retired from Test cricket.

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah he has retired from Test cricket.

And from ODI's it seems, judging by the way he's batting(or not).

----------

SA won the series by 2-1. With that Proteas register their first ever series win in Srilanka. On the other hand Kallis is having a hell of time, 0,1,4 were his score in the series, what do you guys think? Should he retire or ?

I feel he must. Otherwise he will be the second Sachin, overstaying his welcome.

Nas

Club Cricketer
I don't think he should retire yet. He needs to make up for his bad performance in the ODI in their next series (if he even plays) and then retire. His retirement game should come with a good knock.

Then again, I'm not really a realist. :cheers

War

Chairman of Selectors
We tend to get alot of all-rounders who are fast bowlers in general. If Duminy keeps improving, he has all the skill sets to become the most prominent spin bowling all-rounder at test level probably Richie Benaud.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I forgot about this, could have been 3 tests as I think it will be interesting.

SA in the driving seat but there's something about finishing the day on 30/0 I really like though. it's one of my weird cricket superstions that I think if you make it to roughly 30/0 after the oppositions bowlers have had a go at you you are in for a good day.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
when mathews was 23 I thought he was the real deal, by 26 I'd kinda thought I was a bit hasty and, while a quality all-rounder, was never really going to ascend from the bits and pieces role he was filling.

turns out I was right the first time, still maybe could say it was disappointing not to make a 100, but that over against morkel was class, then going on to save them from the follow on. SAF well up but sri lanka still have a fair chance of saving it.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
In the Test game, I'd still say he's only a batsman (a very good one) that can bowl a bit, his numbers certainly don't suggest that he's an all-rounder, but he's gun in the limited overs formats, batting, bowling and fielding.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
yeah, he arguably doesn't bowl himself enough, I have a feeling if he wasn't captain he'd be on a fair bit more. maybe he doesn't enjoy it or maybe still lacks the confidence to put himself ahead of one of this front line bowlers.

it doesn't particularly matter as with jayawardene and sangakkara on the verge of retirement sri lanka really need a batsman more than anything to take the mantle (though given sri lanka's pace bowling woes someone that chipped in with the ball sure would be handy too).

good target by south africa, but there's a sniff for sri lanka as well if I'm eternally optimistic, steyn pretty much needs to take 3 or 4 of the top order himself, because no one else is anywhere near as threatening.

----------

anyway, one thing I do feel slightly vindicated about is Tharanga, being saying he should be given another shot at opening for years. it's been 7 years since he played tests for them and in that time SL have had a ton of openers playing for them and only Dilshan has been anything like a success. he's not pretty and he has flaws but he can't be worse than Vandort or Paranavitana.

Users who are viewing this thread