South Africa tour of Sri Lanka 2014

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did rain fall today?, cause this declaration under 400, seems a bit risky by Amla.

260 in a day is achievable even if Steyn is in god mode again.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Nas

Club Cricketer
Amla is THE man. Truly a captain's knock.

I want Sri Lanka to win though.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Amla has really come into his own as captain, I was afraid he might falter with the responsibility but he has just gotten better and better.

Sad to see Philander still bowling though.

stefan

International Coach
Not the best of matches from the boys. Serious questions need to be asked about alviro and tahir's spots. Rest of the team is fine but we are carrying two passengers.

stefan

International Coach
Well done by the lads holding on . First sri lanka series win in ages and back to number one.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Not the best of matches from the boys. Serious questions need to be asked about alviro and tahir's spots. Rest of the team is fine but we are carrying two passengers.

Peterson should have been dropped since the AUS series. Sad to say, he has been given extra leeway because he is coloured player. You guys got two experienced domestic openers in Puttick of S Cook, who could be given a run. Younger option in R Hendricks who is on the current A-tour to Australia, but i'm not sure if he is ready for tests.

Overall in perfect world S Africa shouldn't be playing a spinner unless its necessary. Parnell should be playing always, with Duminy/Elgar doing the spin duties.

Puttick/Cook, Elgar, Du Plessis, Amla, De Villiers, De Kock, Dumminy, Parnell, Philander, Steyn, Morkel

Found it funny also how the faulty ICC rankings are saying S Africa now "retained the 1 ranking", realistically they never lost it, despite loosing to Australia. Australia haven't done enough to be number 1 yet.

The next Proteas/Oz series (i hope a series could be played under the new ICC structure) will truly decide the best in the world.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Overall in perfect world S Africa shouldn't be playing a spinner unless its necessary.
So you're not a fan of Tahir then? I'd have him there just purely because he's a leggy.

War

Chairman of Selectors
So you're not a fan of Tahir then? I'd have him there just purely because he's a leggy.

Technically I am a fan, have been since his Hampshire days. But after 15 tests, he hasn't translated county form into tests. So i'm not sure if he needs persisting with, cause S Africa have fast bowlers that can get them 20 wickets in all pitches, led by the all-time great, Steyn of course.

stefan

International Coach

I like Imran but unfortunately he hasn't done it in tests. Bowls too many bad balls. Very good in t20's and odi's for us thought.

Time to either go for another seamer in parnell or give dane piedt a go.

Users who are viewing this thread