Sri Lanka in South Africa Dec-Jan 2011/12

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If it's true that the SL cricket board received a 50m government bailout today and the cricketers will finally be paid after 9 months without salaries, then their players might find themselves a bit fitter.. being able to eat and all.

island cricket said:
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has received a government bailout of RS 50 million, issued by the Treasury of Sri Lanka, according to the island's sports minister.

http://www.islandcricket.lk/news/sr...sri-lanka-cricket-receives-government-bailout

Reliability of source?

Last edited:

Anjula

Club Captain
If it's true that the SL cricket board received a 50m government bailout today and the cricketers will finally be paid after 9 months without salaries, then their players might find themselves a bit fitter.. being able to eat and all.

Sri Lanka Cricket receives government bailout | Sri Lanka | Cricket

Reliability of source?

Pretty much True.
And what's with all the injury's.
First one to Go is Shaminda Erangs,
Then Nuwan Kulasekara,Mahela Jayawardana,Kumar Sangakkara
I wonder who is NEXT?

----------

Here is a Funny Picture:- Photo: Kaushal Silva and Angelo Mathews in the UAE desert | Sri Lanka | Cricket

Radonx

Club Cricketer
Mendis is pretty disappointing, going over 4.5 against a SA A team. He is gonna get smacked around the park by the SA batsmen mystery or not.

I believe bowlers for the first test will be Welagedara, Fernando, Herath and one of Perera or Mendis. I hope its Perera because it is going to be a green top anyway and Perera can find some swing and he is fairly accurate.

It seems that Sanga wont make it. If that's the case I would like to see Chandimal there as thats the only option we have. Other two are openers. :facepalm

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Philander carrying on where he left off, obviously still need to see what he can do in other countries but so far so good.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, I was searching this thread as a sticky thread then saw it wasnt :p

Dilshan really gifted his wicket, Paranavitana looked really classy in his brief stay and did really well to see of the new ball for the 1st hour. Sanga is struggling with the injury should have really taken this game off and was done by a beauty that said, it all depends on this 2 senior batsman Jayawardhane and Thilan Samaraweera.

Hope Sri Lanka score around 250 which would be good enough

Radonx

Club Cricketer
180 all out.:facepalm

Can't say I didn't expect that. Now our bowlers looks like they are bowling on a road. No movement of ball.:noway

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
They have been affected by what is called as Salary less playing + low morale. They need a good performance with bat or bowl to get that back

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Dam Philander! 3 5fers on the trot now, Pattinson has a tough ask of following suit.

SL are a mess, batting looks brittle, the bowling looks toothless. what has happened?

Very much like Australia, lose the experienced bowlers and suddenly the batting becomes brittle. Just like Australia, SL still have their core batsmen so there is no reason why they shouldn't be batting better at least.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
OK I only saw the first 45 minutes of this, but it left me gobsmacked at the looseness of the batting. Dilshan left a couple, then pushed a couple of singles into the off side and I was there thinking that it was good opening batting here against the moving ball. But honestly, after that I don't know what he was doing. Does no one play themselves in anymore? Paranavitana was almost caught reaching for a wide ball and playing uppishly through point, Sanga caught at slip with a high bouncing ball outside off - Does no one leave the ball anymore?? If there was ever a time to play with caution it's when you've been sent in on a green looking pitch vs Steyn and Philander with the ball obviously moving around. I hope Geoff Marsh tore strips off them.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
ok this was expected. When Mathews and Samarweera were batting, I thought they will get to 250 but yeh now a big score from South Africa and the match is over.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka in a bit of bother in South Africa already. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread