Sri Lanka in South Africa Dec-Jan 2011/12

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How on earth did that happen?

Some signs of Sri Lanka declining as a force in the game.

macintosh

Club Captain
I can't say much about SL getting allout for 43, but Dilshan is not good enough to be a captain, he has brought negativity in the team, I think the previous captains did a great job, Sri lanka have had really great leaders in the past, Dilshan can never fit in the same category. Whenever the team loses he indirectly blames it on certain individuals, Sri Lanka has all the resources, they have very good spinners, good pace bowlers, experienced batsmen, and they also have good all rounders, all they need is a good leader who can handle the team well. And I have also heard about politics in SC cricket which is also a big problem, I don't know much about it so I can't comment on it, but I don't think they lack anything when it comes to talent, they are a pretty decent side who just needs a good leader.

bill_123

School Cricketer
Huge Win for SA:D

Amla was sublime:)...His stats in ODI's are just AMAZING:D...an average of 56+ at 92 runs/100 balls with 9 Hundreds(in just 52 innings)....Hope he carries in the same vein:clap

Anjula

Club Captain
I think Dilhara will be Removed from the 11.
From my point of view.
Removing Dishan from the 11 will bring better results.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
*de villiers....not smith ;)

and i agree. Steyn has never been as good in ODIs as he is in tests, morkel fits in ODIs much better than him (i think morkel's ranking is quite high too compared to steyn). May be they should give philander or De Lange a chance.

Sorry I'm still in 2011 :facepalm

And yeah, Philander might be a good addition to SAs ODI bowling outfit.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
just saw at facebook that Pakistan is at no.4 after SA beat SL today :D i hope it's true

SL again showing that they can't stand up the challenge This is surely gonna be a whitewash if they don't do something with the bat

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
dilshan is to an extent the batting version of brett lee, or the sri lankan brett lee, kind of both.

both put in remarkable performances on returns to the spotlight. Dilshan returned to fill the tricky opener position in sri lanka after jayasuriya was gone, and was arguably the best batsman in the world across all formats in 2008, brett lee in 2007 took over the australian bowling line up and bagged countless wickets over a season and was in devestating form.

these purple patches were not in keeping with their careers in general and they both slided back quickly but both dined out on this up turn in form for far too long afterwards, just australia had good enough players waiting to put more pressure on Lee whereas sri lanka has a cast of failed openers. (though tharanga really should be in the test team)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Both openers falling in quick succession after setting up a good platform. Sanga or Jayawardene need to hold their ???? together now.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Dramas as Duminy is given out by the third umpire off a direct hit. Probably should have gotten the benefit of the doubt, but too bad :p

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Faf's got a century for the taking here.

----------

Well I jinxed that pretty well. :D

Needless single really too.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Nah, nothing can stop de Villiers, that man's a machine. :p

Nice of him to have some sympathy for Faf though. Feeling your hamstring a bit? Let's run crazy fast singles!

----------

Six overs of Malinga left as well? My money would be firmly on the Sri Lankan's from here.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
What a bastard. Rain starts pouring with the game in the balance, South Africa ahead by 4 runs on D/L.

Users who are viewing this thread