Sri Lanka in South Africa Dec-Jan 2011/12

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Looks like an innings win on the card for South Africa.

stefan

International Coach
Very good effort by all the bowlers so far. Should be able to wrap this up for an innings win.

Boucher is under serious pressure, he was keeping his place based on his keeping but he has missed quite a few in this series. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for a new guy, would have liked him to go another year or two so quinton de kock could be ready but seems that won't be the case.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like Philander 5-fer streak could end this match unless he takes 4 out of the last 6 wickets. This game shows the inconsistency of the teams below England atm, one has an amazing win then they back it up with a poor effort in the next match.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, he's still surprised me, this wasn't an incredibly helpful pitch but he's done every bit as well as steyn and morkel. definitely cemented his place now.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
they've done ok today.

pleased for samaraweera, he played some serious knocks this series, another ton would be deserved and would shut a lot of his critics up.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
A good fight back but it's all too late Winning the second test itself is a big achievement for SL i wasn't expecting a single win for them i the whole series after their pathetic show in UAE

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
the might, they just might, avoid an innings defeat here, which would be a good show of mettle.

perera gone just there so it's going to be a struggle.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
noooooooooo. come on welegedara. here starts the 200 partnership ;)

---

SIX! lead by 1.

and then out!

still, no innings defeat here.

Last edited:

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Now that there's a new elected head of Sri Lanka Cricket let's see if he can encourage Sangakkara back to the captaincy.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Stupid rule.. it is so stupid.. 2 runs to win and they take tea? Oh come on!

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Aye, well played RSA in this one.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Ow....So Professional...:D sending their regular openers to get those 2 runs....I was expecting Morkel & Tahir opening the innings.... :p

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, even as someone who generally supports sri lanka I'm not heart broken by a series defeat. half the pace bowlers were lying in bits on a medical table.

pradeep and lakmal can come back in to the fold, the right choice for the future wicket keeper in chandimal has been established, and samaraweera has shut a lot of people up (most runs in south africa by a visiting batsman apparently, wonder if people will wax lyrical about it like they did dravid in england?). the big worry is jayawardene's form and I'd like to see mathews contribute a bit more. given that the predictions for this tour ranged from 3-0 to 3-0 and utter humiliation I don't think it's possible to be that disappointed with 2-1 and some decent fight shown in this test even though the match was out of sight.

dilshan really should not have chosen to bat though, and while it would be churlish to criticise his captaincy on that one decision overall you do feel sri lanka would be better handing the captaincy back to jayawardena (might spice his form up too, he was superb when he was captain)

I'm not entirely convinced geoff marsh is the right choice, I think there are better coaches out there, his track record isn't exactly brilliant.

not bad though, need to get that money situation sorted out and move on to a new phase, unfortunately this is the last of a set of test series that really could have boosted SL cricket but sadly didn't go too well.

back home for the summer I think they'll play england (possibly) pakistan and india. so that's a tough home challenge with the best test team in the world and two SC teams, but the won test in south africa can be a springboard to build on, then there's the twenty20 in sri lanka and that's a great chance to add another world title to the belt and hopefully see some of the younger players blossom on the world stage which they can carry in to the test arena.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread