SRK's Thread|LORDS STADIUM UPDATE|MEDIAFIRE MIRROR

Impressive work! Finally, someone takes advantage of the global.db file.

Yeah it is great news as it is the one area that really lets this game down. it would be fantastic if we can help AI by setting more competitive fields for them!

dutchad added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

I think also that it would be good at the moment if there were just 5 or 6 variations of an attacking field instead of the 26 or 27 they have now. That would make life a little easier as you could just edit some of the fields to be the same...or am I talking rubbish here??

The variations exist for the AI to use. Each field setting is mapped to bowling tactics that can be used with the field setting. 5-6 settings would make the AI dumb. Of course, a better AI would change the field on the fly instead of depending on presets.

Last edited:
yeah...27 variations are way too much but i don't see any problem as long as the permutations and combinations hold good

a couple more

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Attacking-Pace2.jpg
    Attacking-Pace2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Attacking-Pace3.jpg
    Attacking-Pace3.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 161
The variations exist for the AI to use. Each field setting is mapped to bowling tactics that can be used with the field setting. 5-6 settings would make the AI dumb. Of course, a better AI would change the field on the fly instead of depending on presets.

Ah okay, I though my thought train would be defect somewhere. But what I mean is that even if you still had 27 attacking variations but 1 to 6 were the same, 7 to 12 etcetera that would mean tight fields without having to think of a variation for each and every one. See what I mean? You would have still 27 variations that Ai would use in whatever situation but the editing would be more manageable...

Didn't get what you mean. The AI is supposed to tackle all kinds of situations; hence the numerous field variations. 5-6 unique variations per tactic would mean less variety in field settings employed by the AI.

Didn't get what you mean. The AI is supposed to tackle all kinds of situations; hence the numerous field variations. 5-6 unique variations per tactic would mean less variety in field settings employed by the AI.

But is it realistic for a team to have say 27 different attacking variations?? Once you can tighten things up so that it is much harder for players to pierce the gaps you will greatly increase the playability of this game....anyway I am just so glad that someone is willing to work on this as it has great potential and could make this game very playable indeed.

another two presets

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Attacking-Pace4.jpg
    Attacking-Pace4.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Attacking-Pace5.jpg
    Attacking-Pace5.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 154
But is it realistic for a team to have say 27 different attacking variations?? Once you can tighten things up so that it is much harder for players to pierce the gaps you will greatly increase the playability of this game....anyway I am just so glad that someone is willing to work on this as it has great potential and could make this game very playable indeed.

You are right about there being too many variations. Just browsed through it quickly and there are more than 350 variations for all formats and bowler types combined.

You are right about there being too many variations. Just browsed through it quickly and there are more than 350 variations for all formats and bowler types combined.

:eek:Unbelievable. Will take ages editing that me thinks!

This is such excellent news. Who knows what other gems are hidden inside the game waiting to be tweaked. I can imagine that the game would be totally wonderful if we can make it little tougher & the AI more smarter in addition to the BETA 2.

Well done SRK & AbBh ............ here is a cookie for both of you

cookie.jpg

This is such excellent news. Who knows what other gems are hidden inside the game waiting to be tweaked. I can imagine that the game would be totally wonderful if we can make it little tougher & the AI more smarter in addition to the BETA 2.

Well done SRK & AbBh ............ here is a cookie for both of you

cookie.jpg

Even lemme touch it:D:D (That means I even gave it;):laugh)

BTW, Great work Shrenik and Abhinav! You deserve reps (but I can't give:()

:eek:Unbelievable. Will take ages editing that me thinks!

Only if you need to edit all of them. You could delete the stuff you dont need or copy-paste settings.
I was a bit off with my estimate. There are exactly 342 field placement variations.

Users who are viewing this thread