Stadium Creator Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I always thought this was the most batshit thread i ever read, but turns out @BigAntStudios took it to heart. Just noticed the ball really moving around off the ground after the shot... maybe Dazzer was on to something after all!!

Must say it is awesome being able to play on the grounds we make. Still quite a lot to get to grips with personally, but i can really see the potential to make some lovely "festival" style grounds.

awesome update

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
anyone know the file location of where the stadiums created get saved too?

D

Deleted member 9102

I've been on holiday in Turkey lately and just came across some free WiFi so had a peek on here at some info about the last couple of updates... Wow! Some great content added to the beta, can't wait to try it out once I get home! I'll certainly be interested in sharing some stuff made in the stadium creator :).

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn, you just had to upload the thing I was most interested about the day I move away for five months... I was always into building stuff in games and this looks pretty damn good if you like that; I'll just have to play over Christmas and I'm sure that everyone else will have made cool shit by then ;)

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
BUG: When doing a community search for stadiums the game crashes to the desktop. Tried twice with no success.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Having my first play now. Compiling a list of thoughts.

For starters, I'm very pleased to have such a tool. I've been craving something like this for a long time! Here are a few suggestions:

1) It's very nice to have an option for a square fence, particularly for English grounds. However, there is way too much space to the rope. Can you have the option of a more rectangular rope? If not, can the oval at least be pushed closer to the fance please?

2) A very basic game design suggestion. When you click "back" and it asks if you want to exit, the default answer should be NO, not YES. People who are a little trigger-happy can easily exit.

waraa

County Cricketer
I've been using the Stadium Creator extensively this weekend, some thoughts here:

1) It would be nice to have objects stack on top of each other, so I could put a gable on top of a tier, for instance.
2) The game crashes quite a bit, but not sure if this is my laptop struggling to run the game.
3) The props are excellent - covers about 80% of what you see at a real stadium.
4) The 'move' command is buggy sometimes, and I've had to leave the creator and get back in to position something.

All in all, super happy with this, have wanted a stadium creator for more than a decade. Thanks Big Ant!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I've been using the Stadium Creator extensively this weekend, some thoughts here:

1) It would be nice to have objects stack on top of each other, so I could put a gable on top of a tier, for instance.
2) The game crashes quite a bit, but not sure if this is my laptop struggling to run the game.
3) The props are excellent - covers about 80% of what you see at a real stadium.
4) The 'move' command is buggy sometimes, and I've had to leave the creator and get back in to position something.

All in all, super happy with this, have wanted a stadium creator for more than a decade. Thanks Big Ant!

Is it possibly because you have "snapping" on and it's putting weird things next to each other?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I love the freedom in having absolute grand stand placement, however it can be hard at times to get the angle right. Do you think it would be possible for the user to select part of the boundary and then the grandstand is placed there with the correct profile? And then if you wanted to extended it around it could be automatically contoured to the ground?

I'm also curious about where the crowd will go. It would be nice to be able to test how it looks with a crowd. Lots of people seem keen on making sparse grounds with lots of green patches but I'm curious whether or not the crowd will automatically fill them up. I suppose a "crowd brush" could be useful. I know for my local ground everyone is in the pavilion and not scattered randomly around the oval.

Kmillz98

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi, Every time i open the game it cuts out all sound and i need to restart my PC to get sound Back

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I love the freedom in having absolute grand stand placement, however it can be hard at times to get the angle right. Do you think it would be possible for the user to select part of the boundary and then the grandstand is placed there with the correct profile? And then if you wanted to extended it around it could be automatically contoured to the ground?

I'm also curious about where the crowd will go. It would be nice to be able to test how it looks with a crowd. Lots of people seem keen on making sparse grounds with lots of green patches but I'm curious whether or not the crowd will automatically fill them up. I suppose a "crowd brush" could be useful. I know for my local ground everyone is in the pavilion and not scattered randomly around the oval.

my understanding is that they will only go in seating and pavilions.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What an awesome add on this stadium creator is and will be.

I'd like to see a few more backdrops though. I dont know if that is planned or not.

We have a choice of spectacular snowcapped peaks, a massive city, and a couple of more moderate rural settings. I'd just like a bit more choice to make realistic grounds, such as bland suburbia, forest etc. If you look at these photos you will see that cricket doesnt always take place in such incredible settings. Some places are in fact super ugly, some are really quite bland, and I'd like to be able to recreate this.

B9E-eABCEAEfoh7.jpg

aerial-view-of-st-georges-park-cricket-ground-port-elizabeth-eastern-D4FF50.jpg

1215432840_694f97aec0_z.jpg

69.jpg

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
my understanding is that they will only go in seating and pavilions.

I suppose it'd be hard to control the crowd if they could go just anywhere but perhaps a new type of "pavillion" could be added that is a grass embankment?

Don't they have something like that at the Adelaide Oval type ground in DBC14? I think at Bradman Oval too they are scattered around on the grass?

Users who are viewing this thread