Stand Up Comedy

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
How brilliant is stand up comedy? One of the joys of life!:p The favourite ones tend to be Lee Evans, Peter Kay and Ricky Gervais etc. I like the latter two, but not Lee Evans for some reason. I've been to see Russell Howard from Mock the Week and Dara O'Briain, last night, who presents Mock The Week. Lee Mack and Jimmy Carr are good too.

.Mob

International Coach
Jimmy Carr is hilarious, even though he does repeat the same stuff sometimes. Oh and before Cricman gets here, Russel Peters is rubbish. :p

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Oh yes Phil, stand up comedy is one of the wonders of the world! I absolutely love Peter Kay, he is my ultimate comedy genius, but I love Ricky Gervais too and I don't mind a bit of Lenny Henry either. I hate Jack Dee as all he does is moan and moan, its funny for a while but I have watched Live at the Apollo so many times hes got boring! Omid Djallili (sp?) is great too, he leaves me in stitches every time!

Highlander999

ICC President
Ah typical, forget Scotland. How could you not mention Billy Connely? :eek: (I don't think he's that good, but nearly every Scot I meet think's he is the best :confused:)

Manly

Thor
I like Ed Byrne, not a whole lot of people I know do, but some of the stuff he comes up with is genius!

PhilD123

International Coach
forget Scotland.
It's easily done:p.

I like Jack Dee, but yeah he does moan a lot. Lenny Henry, can be funny and I like Omid Djallili, although I wish he'd stop doing his "I'm an Iranian in the UK" routine whenever I see him on TV!

Yeah, Ed Byrne's been on Mock the Week as well, really funny, and Frankie Boyle off Mock The Week's great as well!

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Alan Carr is hillarious how could he be forgotten?

Highlander999

ICC President
It's easily done:p.

I like Jack Dee, but yeah he does moan a lot. Lenny Henry, can be funny and I like Omid Djallili, although I wish he'd stop doing his "I'm an Iranian in the UK" routine whenever I see him on TV!

Yeah, Ed Byrne's been on Mock the Week as well, really funny, and Frankie Boyle off Mock The Week's great as well!

He is pure class!!!! So, so funny :cheesy

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Oh yeah and like GG said, Alan Carr is f*cking hilarious. I love watching him on FNP!

Animator!

School Cricketer
Eb Byrne, Dylan Moran, Jimmy Carr, Jason Rouse, Frankie Boyle, Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre and Ricky Gervais' earlier stand up > *.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
If there's one comedian I hate the most, its flaming Frankie Boyle! I'm sorry t any Scotsmen out there but I hate the accent and Frankie Boyle makes jokes about the things he knows nothing about (eg football).

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I have aspirations to be a stand-up comedian. I deliver positively hilarious presentations in school (you probably won't believe it - but I have people in stiches), but what makes a good stand-up in your opinion?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Nice to see Ani coming up with the top picks as always. Jimmy Carr, Jason Rouse, Frankie Boyle, Russel Howard, Michael McIntyre and Gervais my faves aswell. I've not seen much of Rouse though, just his part on Minty's Comedian Of The Month but he was fantastic. Boyle's the best comedian in the UK atm, he's one of the few comedians nowadays who doesn't care what they say and makes jokes because their funny, not worrying who they may offend. Frankie Boyle's awesome, can't wait for his DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread