Stand Up Comedy

Lee Evans, Jim Davidson and Dylan Moran are my personal favourties. I've got everything they've released.

I'd watch any stand up comedian though. Except Russel Brand that is. He's a twat personified.

Saw Frankie Boyle in Wolverhampton last night, he was brilliant. Saw Russell Howard last year, and a big fan of Ed Bryne and Omid Dhjalili - some great videos on youtube.

Yeah Boyle's and Howard's dvds are out in November I think. Boyle is brilliant, as you say, just willing to come out and say anything. Anyone listen to Russell Howard's radio show on 6 Music on a Sunday morning? He's on with another comedian called Jon Richardson, absolute genius. Here's a clip of him at the comedy store:

Agree about Gervais' earlier stand ups. Perhaps was distracted while watching "Fame" but I didn't think it was as good as "Animals" or "Politics". McIntyre, I wasn't sure about at first, but he's won me round. Add to your list Dara O'Briain by the way, Manee, I'd say a big factor is improvisation, and O'Briain had that by the bucket loads. The dvd of his new tour is coming out before christmas I think as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great vids Phil, but my favourite comedian of the moment is John Arne;

This is one of the greatest pieces of stand-up i've ever seen. Don't watch if you're easily offended by rude material and language ;)

That set is absolutely amazing. I have that on my iPod. I watch it every other day. Fbfbfb.

If there's one comedian I hate the most, its flaming Frankie Boyle! I'm sorry t any Scotsmen out there but I hate the accent and Frankie Boyle makes jokes about the things he knows nothing about (eg football).

Frankie Boyle is a legend.

He's the scottish fella from Mock the Week ;)

After watching the above link i posted, watch Jim Jeffries one aswell. He's an Aussie and is hilarious, extremely rude though, stand up comedy is fantastic.

Yeah, I think he's been on Fighting Talk a few times, making jokes about Ashley Cole after he split up with Cheryl:p. Again, like Boyle, not scared to say what he thinks!

Lee Evans, Jim Davidson and Dylan Moran are my personal favourties. I've got everything they've released.

I'd watch any stand up comedian though. Except Russel Brand that is. He's a twat personified.

hate that man soooo much, would love to kick him between his legs the (censored)

Yeah, I think he's been on Fighting Talk a few times, making jokes about Ashley Cole after he split up with Cheryl:p. Again, like Boyle, not scared to say what he thinks!

everone on fighting talk are funny, never miss it!

anyway, peter kay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other stand up, but chris rock is legendary, richard pryor is beyond legand status and everyone should know BILL HICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the greatest stand ups of all time R.I.P

Peter Kay, Frankie Boyle are epic, and actually there are too many good stand ups for me to mention it would do an injustice if i left one out by trying to do a list

Jimmy Carr at Oasis Swindon after my exams should be good

whats the mental gordie guy!!!!!! cant think of his name, long curly hair and talks about random stuff

Users who are viewing this thread