Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hsn

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know this is mostly a cricket forum... but I wanted to open this thread to see how many members here are interested in the NHL (After all, that is what this particular forum is for!). I know for a fact some of the members I have met are. So, back on topic.

After two long years, the NHL playoffs are finally here. Here are the teams who made the playoffs:

West

Detroit vs. Edmonton
San Jose vs. Nashville
Anaheim vs. Calgary
Colorado vs. Dallas

East

Tampa Bay vs. Ottawa
NY Rangers vs. New Jersey
Philadelphia vs. Buffalo
Montreal vs. Carolina

GO FLAMES GO! :happy

Last edited:

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
My interest is somewhat limited now, being a Canucks fan, but I will certainly be keeping up with the playoffs. There are some good matchups this year. Colorado / Dallas is probably my "one to watch".

Detroit will be hard to beat as usual, and I've been quite impressed with the Carolina Hurricanes this year.

BTW: Lightning / Senators should be in the East with Avs / Stars in the west.

Hsn

School Cricketer
Fixed my mistake. Yeah, Canucks had a tough season this year. I loved Canucks-Flames games although most of the time it was the Canucks who came out on top.

In the playoffs, Detroit and Ottawa are the ones to watch out for. Although Edmonton played a good game against them (Detroit) yesterday but lost in OT. And Calgary had a tough game against Anaheim but won in OT.

Colorado and Dallas should be a nice match up. =)

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Vancouver fell away badly after the Olympic break. It seemed only the Sedin / Sedin / Carter line were doing anything. Big under-achievers this year as I think it has been their best team line-up since 1994? against Messier's Rangers.

It'll be interesting to see how the Rangers respond to their thumping in game 1, especially as Jagr seems to be a doubt.

I think that your Flames will be dangerous. They seem to have a knack with the close games (as seen with the Canucks series a couple of years back). I'd love to see a Flames / Oilers matchup at some stage. Edmonton are currently 3-2 up in their 2nd game, so hopefully they can give detroit a run for their money.

Hsn

School Cricketer
Tough loss for the Flames tonight. Amazingly enough, every Away team won today: Anaheim, Edmonton, and San Jose. I am also hoping for a Flames-Oilers series, that would be some battle!

Short Leg

International Cricketer
There used to be alot of NHL coverage on fox sports in Australia up until the season folded. These days we dont get anything. I've always been a loyal Avalanche supporter.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
We tend to get a live game shown here in England once a week. Due to the time difference we only really get the Eastern Conference, and the odd game with Detroit, Colorado or Dallas. That still means means a 1 o'clock in the morning start. I often listened to Canucks games radio broadcasts live through the internet if I couldn't sleep.

Glad to see some hockey fans on this forum.

banana man

Club Cricketer
i am also a flames supporter it is going to be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs. I am going to keep track as much as i can living in England

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Every time I begin to lose faith in the Lightning, they come back and surprise me. Game 2 was pure class. That Sarich hit was simply brilliant if you saw it. Their new offensive strategy seems to keep much of the pressure off of the goalie, giving Grahame fewer chances to screw up.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
There's some high scoring games going on in the playoffs these days: Colorado 5, Dallas 4. Montreal 6, Carolina 5, and Buffalo 8, Philadalphia 2 :eek:

Makes a nice change from previous years with teams playing trap defence and grinding out a 1-0 win in overtime. If nothing else, its great entertainment.

Hsn

School Cricketer
Well, I'm absolutely gutted. First, a game 7 loss at the finals two years ago, and now a game seven loss in Round 1 at home. Tough pill to swallow. Anaheim really deserved it.

Here are the round 2 match-ups:

East:

Ottawa Senators vs Buffalo Sabres
Carolina Hurricanes vs New Jersey Devils

West:

Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks
Colorado Avalance vs Anaheim Mighty Ducks

R.I.P Battle of Alberta.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Its all gone mad. Avs swept and Hurricanes and Sabres both playing well. I'm not even going to try and predict where the Stanley Cup will end up this year.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Coming in to the playoffs, I thought it would be Edmonton vs. Buffalo in the final, with Buffalo winning it all. But I think that Anaheim will beat Edmonton but still lose to Buffalo. Edmonton got beat-up against San Jose while Anaheim has had 10 days off.

Users who are viewing this thread