Steam update for DBC17 released

Only played the 1st innings of a test so far and seemed fine to me. Dropping a running sometimes.

Put it this way, I never during the 100 odd overs thought, oh what are they doing!
Hope you and other beta testers have provided feedback on this to BA for them to tweak this.

Ive just shared the following comment with BA about the beta:

in either 14 or 17 i've never felt such a tangible effect of weather and the ball as in this innings. i'd simulated my batting so i started bowling in the last session of day 2 in cloudy weather. at the start of the innings for the first 10 overs edges were everywhere. we went off for rain and came back next morning in sun, immediately edges dropped by a significant amount. as the ball got older, edges really thinned out. with the second new ball, they increased a little but it was sunny and they were nothing like the previous evening when cloudy. cannot praise that highly enough.

in either 14 or 17 i've never felt such a tangible effect of weather and the ball as in this innings. i'd simulated my batting so i started bowling in the last session of day 2 in cloudy weather. at the start of the innings for the first 10 overs edges were everywhere. we went off for rain and came back next morning in sun, immediately edges dropped by a significant amount. as the ball got older, edges really thinned out. with the second new ball, they increased a little but it was sunny and they were nothing like the previous evening when cloudy. cannot praise that highly enough.
@blockerdave it will be fantastic if this is actually the case. Probably entirely unfair of me, but I always thought that if BA had developed DBC in the UK rather than in Australia, weather would have been taken much more seriously as a factor. I have yet to see any rain in DBC17...even early season in England...though very occasionally the batsmen do trot off in bright sunshine for a rain delay. But those cold, overcast, blustery, early season games in Chester-le-Street aren't replicated by the current weather system. I'd love to see English conditions being entirely different to playing in Sri Lanka, for instance.

One thing I did notice playing on the public build was that the outfield seemed to have slowed up a bit. I could be misinterpreting it but it didn't, for a change, seem to run as quickly as a billiard table. Felt a lot more authentic. Fielders could catch a ball that slowed up in the outfield. Not sure if this has been tweaked or was a one-off for that session. It would be nice, however, if the outfield characteristics also changed after a rain break.

Last edited:

Don't know if you've played enough but is AI batting is improving in first innings and is this having a knock on effect of making them too strong in their second innings? I generally find it always bats better second time around in test/4 day games.

Ok so I'm 67-2 slowly building in response to Pakistans 338.

Everything seems easy enough... Amir comes on has given me nothing to hit. Short wide one pops up eyes light up and I rock back and flash at it. Problem is it straightened and I'm all tangled and nick to gully.

Then... Blackwood first ball just when you want a little sighter... this happens.

Game turned on its head..

No words to appreciate the support from BA !!!

Beta Testers,
Any other significant issue you guys identified that needs fixing?
How about AI running between wickets?

Can we assume patch for console is almost stable for submission?

No we cannot assume that , as there is still at least 14 Outstanding Online issues (Listed below) that needs to be adressed , before we can proceed.

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it
  2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw)
  3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times
  4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired
  5. Random invisible Ball being bowled
  6. Bowler changing sides without that input given
  7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl.
  8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries
  9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment.
  10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match
  11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored
  12. Cencored Names for alot of players
  13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back
  14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it .
@mikeymerren , @blockerdave I hope you guys are making progress on these .

An update has been released that will make a few changes that should help the AI more competitive and tone down the impact of bat pads.

- Tweaks to AI scoring (on higher difficulties)
- Making the timing window for the reflex catch mechanic shorter on higher difficulties
- Adding the catch mechanic to more inner circle catches

No we cannot assume that , as there is still at least 14 Outstanding Online issues (Listed below) that needs to be adressed , before we can proceed.

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it
  2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw)
  3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times
  4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired
  5. Random invisible Ball being bowled
  6. Bowler changing sides without that input given
  7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl.
  8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries
  9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment.
  10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match
  11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored
  12. Cencored Names for alot of players
  13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back
  14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it .
@mikeymerren , @blockerdave I hope you guys are making progress on these .

Ok so I haven't played much online in the beta but I've not seen any of those issues.

Is this list based on somebody on PC or console prior to the updates?

Ok so I haven't played much online in the beta but I've not seen any of those issues.

Is this list based on somebody on PC or console prior to the updates?

The list is my list , based solely on PS4 , Online Gameplay of around 120 x Pro20`s.

It has been checked by @chaman82 on the latest PC build prior to todays release , and he responded that all the issues are still there .

Thats why I keep asking that more guys actually test the Online version with its unique issues , but it seems a tall ask for unknown reasons.

An update has been released that will make a few changes that should help the AI more competitive and tone down the impact of bat pads.

- Making the timing window for the reflex catch mechanic shorter on higher difficulties
Wasn't expecting an update to be released over the weekend. Efforts, by all involved, much appreciated.

IMG_8010.JPG

Lunch Day 3
The makings of a classic.

I love how batting is so immersive as well now with top edges bottom edges you name it. Real battle between bat and ball.

Similar to first innings, pitch goes dead as a dodo once the ball gets old. Really immersive stuff as its always changing.

Enjoy the update guys, it's a fantastic game at the moment!!

I will Say You have Lookup Heart touching Points of the game :) .

My Some Other Points Which Need Some Changes .

1 - Every time We Dive While Running Without Stamina Loss .
2 - Many Time We take 4 Fours Easily While only Running ..
3 - Career Fielding running Camera is set to "Fielding 2" Only You cannot Change , i Play Using Fielding 1 While in Tour matches (Far Batting + Fielding 1 while as Bowler).
4 - Career Stats Looking Wrong .
5 - I am Playing With Same name Team Against me (Mentioned in Bug Section)

Users who are viewing this thread