Steam update for DBC17 released

The list is my list , based solely on PS4 , Online Gameplay of around 120 x Pro20`s.

It has been checked by @chaman82 on the latest PC build prior to todays release , and he responded that all the issues are still there .

Thats why I keep asking that more guys actually test the Online version with its unique issues , but it seems a tall ask for unknown reasons.

Majority of the points mentioned are still there.
It also I think depends on the quality of connection.

View attachment 188360
Lunch Day 3
The makings of a classic.

I love how batting is so immersive as well now with top edges bottom edges you name it. Real battle between bat and ball.

Similar to first innings, pitch goes dead as a dodo once the ball gets old. Really immersive stuff as its always changing.

Enjoy the update guys, it's a fantastic game at the moment!!
so patience is rewarded -- wait to the dead period to score freely ;)

Lunch Day 3
The makings of a classic.

I love how batting is so immersive as well now with top edges bottom edges you name it. Real battle between bat and ball.

Similar to first innings, pitch goes dead as a dodo once the ball gets old. Really immersive stuff as its always changing.

Enjoy the update guys, it's a fantastic game at the moment!!
Looking forward to gving this a go this evening. I like the way the strike rates that the batsmen are getting look appropriate for Test cricket.

hi, guys does the update has an effect on an already started career?

You PC guys are so lucky with the updates is there any word off when submission for consoles will go through?

In the current latest patch for steam ,

While batting

Running is a little fast and needs to b looked at. Easy singles and converting doubles into 3 and 3 into 4s is easy and needs to b corrected.

Last edited:
Hey,

Not sure if its just me.

Started a new Test on this most recent patch. I find that the AI doesnt seem to change fields like before? i'm able to keep plundering square drives/cuts, as they refuse to put a man out there.

I'm playing on Pro. Not sure if this is how it always was, and im just getting better! :)

Last edited:
In the current latest patch for steam ,

Running is a little fast and needs to b looked at. Easy singles and converting doubles into 3 and 3 into 4s is easy and needs to b corrected.

I'm glad they are at least trying to run. It sounds alot better then what they are like on the consoles. Good job @BigAntStudios

I'm glad they are at least trying to run. It sounds alot better then what they are like on the consoles. Good job @BigAntStudios

I interpreted OP's post as saying the batsmen's running speed has increased disproportionate to the fielders. Thus you will be able to take cheap runs. I don't think OP was referring to AI batsmen running too quickly.

Sadly Still no fix for cut shots to spinners catching by great great keeper or nots out stats issue... hope both will be fixed before final build...:cheers

@blockerdave it will be fantastic if this is actually the case. Probably entirely unfair of me, but I always thought that if BA had developed DBC in the UK rather than in Australia, weather would have been taken much more seriously as a factor. I have yet to see any rain in DBC17...even early season in England...though very occasionally the batsmen do trot off in bright sunshine for a rain delay. But those cold, overcast, blustery, early season games in Chester-le-Street aren't replicated by the current weather system. I'd love to see English conditions being entirely different to playing in Sri Lanka, for instance.

One thing I did notice playing on the public build was that the outfield seemed to have slowed up a bit. I could be misinterpreting it but it didn't, for a change, seem to run as quickly as a billiard table. Felt a lot more authentic. Fielders could catch a ball that slowed up in the outfield. Not sure if this has been tweaked or was a one-off for that session. It would be nice, however, if the outfield characteristics also changed after a rain break.

That billiard table analogy is so apt for how it is still patch 3 (on console). I'm glad that's changing, amongst many improvements. Blockers feedback to BA is spot on, but I also agree with you about the slightly darker, cloudier cricket you get in the UK not really being represented in game with the current system. I have no idea if that's getting better in beta, but hope so too.

Sadly Still no fix for cut shots to spinners catching by great great keeper or nots out stats issue... hope both will be fixed before final build...:cheers
fearsome tweak me......give it an ffffing break....they have come up with hundreds of tweaks and enhancements......will the game be perfect....no.......never......so just stop going on about this shit....we know it now......have done so for some time because of the fifty times its been mentioned by you and others......and you have used more user mentions than an evening out with Britney Spears......leave it.

fearsome tweak me......give it an ffffing break....they have come up with hundreds of tweaks and enhancements......will the game be perfect....no.......never......so just stop going on about this shit....we know it now......have done so for some time because of the fifty times its been mentioned by you and others......and you have used more tags than a dogs home for the strays......leave it.
I am not the only one here who is cribbing on the fixes they want ... there are many others too.Why don't you pin point them as well... Moreover I am not asking something which is out of the box, I am asking about the basics and fundamentals to be correct first, then comes rest of the fixes.
It's better now you cool down...

I am not saying that they have not done anything... they are awesome at their best

That billiard table analogy is so apt for how it is still patch 3 (on console). I'm glad that's changing, amongst many improvements. Blockers feedback to BA is spot on, but I also agree with you about the slightly darker, cloudier cricket you get in the UK not really being represented in game with the current system. I have no idea if that's getting better in beta, but hope so too.

I pushed for this quite a bit and don't think it will change for this game. Not as easy as it may seem or sound.

Users who are viewing this thread