Steam update for DBC17 released

Having played around 3 Test Matches(2 on Veteran & 1 on Pro) I have a few suggestions and certainly a few people would agree with me. There are 2 things that need to be toned down.

First, the probability of edges. For the third time in a row I've got the whole team out within 150 or so. 10 out of 10 have been edges. With around 6 being taken by the Spinners each time. Could get them all out in less than 50 overs.

Second, the tendency of the Batsmen to go down the track against the spinners. This is the issue which leads to the first issue at times. Every 2-3 out of 6 balls the batsmen go down the track against the spinners which leads to edges.

At the moment it's too easy to pick wickets against even the Top teams like Australia, England at Veteran Difficulty.

Another issue is that balls have been turning square even on Grassy Pristine pitches, from Over number 15 or so(That's when I brought on the spinners :P ). This may be the reason why so many Wickets are coming from Spinners.

I believe some other users are also playing Test Matches only. Would like to hear their thoughts on my suggestions. @Langeveldt @WealeyH

Haha. Truly Strange.

It could well be because Ravi Ashwin must have been rated much higher compared to a say Nathan Lyon. I'd try to get a game playing as Australia with less rated spinners.

Yes, playing with the latest build.

Cannot help but think that it's the ratings at play. I will try to play as a different team and will post the results.

Mate just bugger off.

Now for the people who can take constructive criticism here's a score sheet from one my matches. Green Uneven Pitch.

View attachment 187595 View attachment 187596

Veteran Difficulty, this match I had set the bowling difficulty to medium.

I think everyone just needs to be calm. In such a short period of time they've brought so many amazing changes. At the rate they're going I am expecting them to nail the experience to perfection this time round.

Since we've meandered completely from the initial discussion here are my posts before the act of sheer entitlement.

I was looking for experiences others are having while playing test matches. No way was I trying to belittle anyone.

Also, I genuinely feel I must reiterate that DBC 17 after the patches, has turned into an excellent, excellent game. But not yet perfect. I was not moaning IMO, nor was I bashing anyone. But I still feel on Veteran & Hardest Bowling difficulty the AI should try to post 300 or so, on the board on good batting tracks. Which wasn't the experience I had because of the AI's adventure down the track and in general play against the spinners(70% wickets against the spinners).

Regardless, I must admit some of the nuances that BigAnt(the real one) have added to the game are amazing, like the AI backfoot play against spinners, the ease with which balls can be tapped back on the boundary line, then thrown back seamlessly, of course the variation of edges, batpads, and just the way the AI bats in test matches against Pace and so many other things.

I will be following the development whenever I get the time and I will keep trying to provide my constructive suggestions along with the inputs which'll help recreating the scenario unless of course the moderators (or the dev team) feels that it's not required.

Last edited:
@MattW @BigAntStudios - I earlier commented on the online version of the game and suggested some pretty important tuning and tweaks for a better output of the game. I was just playing the offline version of the game and "Boy don't I love this game even more". Those in swinging yorkers at 99mph in overcast conditions by Wahab Riaz made my day. I would like want to thank you for this beautiful piece of product and to the people who are waiting for the updates on console, trust me it is "worth the wait". This game has become a beauty now even though there are very few things that still need to be worked on (nothing is perfect). BigAnt, you guys have raised the bar here. Below are few issues that need fix for a better and more enjoyable gameplay experience.

As per few questions asked regarding online experience.
  1. Can we now hear edges all the Time - Not all the time
  2. After a https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.gam...-expansion-and-new-updates-teas/1100-6449804/ , will the Logo`s stay intact , as well as both players Pre-set fields , or will the sender of the save file be the only one with everything correct on his side . Not sure about that. Have to wait.
  3. Is the Glitchyness surrounding the Batsmen around the crease area sorted (They would randomly set of on a run , either going all out with no means of cancelling them , or do a quick in out yes no manuevre. The glitch is there but it has definitely gone down in the last few days. They are working on tuning it even more
  4. Is the Name Censored issue resolved , we have tried all "Solves" to no avail. Not sure about that. Have to wait
  5. The Agressive 3rd Man Guide Shot that changes into a reverse Agressive Sweep ? Has this been corrected , or is it there by design. Not encountered anything like that. Best to wait for someone to respond.
  6. Can we actually now have the Fielders Slide and cut off boundaries , instead of going over the Rope , can fielders in the inner ring actually dive and stop balls a la DBC14 ? Fielders are getting better but few things like (keeper diving, lazy throws etc. needs fixing)
  7. Also I have realized that batsman is not coming back inside the batting crease in time and not dragging the bat every time. Please fix this issue as well.

Again, I would really appreciate you for all your hardwork and efforts. Will keep supporting you like I always do. Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

I think you need to retract that I have reported it for sexual harassment, grow up, I have been here too long for these boys games and it's not good.

You have on numerous occasions referred to men as the inferior gender yourself. :yes

On another note, to everyone else playing on PC. Has anyone been seeing shots slowing enough to be stopped near the ropes by chasing fielders? Something we used to not really see in Patch 3 on console. Thanks if anyone can answer.

Last edited:
And now a clatter of wickets with bowling back down to hard. It seems that the batting AI changes with the bowling difficulty, although that shouldnt be the case.
Yes thts what I have found as well with patch 3 i dont really change the match difficulty just mess around with the batting and Bowling difficulties and you get different results from the AI

I had a nice session, grassy, pristine pitch, hard bowling, veteran difficulty.

Don't get too excited though, the bowled was a big chop on from an off drive.

I have bowled around about 150 overs today on varying difficulties and not one clean bowled or LBW. While this is not enough for a consensus, I do think something is off at the moment and I'm just about done with it until we hear something more. I am sure BA have heard enough from me in this thread for now and I look forward to following it and how the builds develop.

View attachment 187597
Keep it up Langeveldt we need you to keep pushing this issue it is really needed in a cricket game thanks for all your effort in trying to make this happen

You have on numerous occasions referred to men as the inferior gender yourself. :yes

On another note, to everyone else playing on PC. Has anyone been seeing shots slowing enough to be stopped near the ropes by chasing fielders? Something we used to not really see in Patch 3 on console. Thanks if anyone can answer.

Happens all the time now. Pulling it back from the boundary rope and throwing it back is now super seamless as fielder becomes active immediately after pulling it in. It gives such a sense of accomplishment.

Happens all the time now. Pulling it back from the boundary rope and throwing it back is now super seamless as fielder becomes active immediately after pulling it in. It gives such a sense of accomplishment.

Brilliant to know, thank you! Are keepers and bowlers actually acting quickly now when receiving a ball back, instead of slowly getting the idea to break the bails?

View attachment 187615

Meanwhile I'm pulling my hair out as Warner pummels me everywhere and is on the verge of batting me out of this test match.

He's playing perfectly to his mentality dispatching anything loose and looking to get after me.

He even had the cheek to nick it through 3rd slip region after I had removed him.

AI batting beautifully for me at the moment and getting some great dismissals.

I don't get where this AI run down the wicket all the time thing comes from? They haven't done it once in 100 second innings overs.

I got a battle on my hands.

Yes bowlers are rare but I did get one in first innings and two LBW in second.

Just to add, as this game has gone on... seamers have become less and less effective and the spinners have become more and more effective which is great.
What difficulty are you playing on

Brilliant to know, thank you! Are keepers and bowlers actually acting quickly now when receiving a ball back, instead of slowly getting the idea to break the bails?

Been playing just test matches so a runout chance hasn't really occurred yet. So can't tell as of now.

Wow I have a four hour nap and I missed race hate against Jedi.
Isn't Stokes down as conservative on some teams? I have to change a high number of mentalities on some of the recommended teams. Stuff like Amla being a Brute etc.
I went through my entire England squad and changed batting and bowling mentalities and some skills to better reflect accuracy (based on my view). I skittled the 'first xi' out for about 140. Problem is Big Ant keep releasing too many updates to give it an effective test.

@AnkitC I had a run out chance in my first over of a test match.

Also, has anyone else noticed that no one ever comes on here and says "I just bowled out the AI for 150, I'm the best at this game ever." Well I've bowled out the AI for less than 100 several times so I'm gonna say that I'm the best at this game ever.

Last edited:
Now ball goes down slows when reaching near to boundary ..... I could take easy 3 - 4 via running .... .. Please conform anybody feels the same problem After patch . same as in DBC14

Last edited:
Now ball goes down slows when reaching near to boundary ..... I could take easy 3 - 4 via running .... .. Please conform anybody feels the same problem After patch .

The thing is it should sometimes slow down when reaching near to boundary unless a perfectly timed shot, but fielders should be fast enough to make those kind of shots 2 runs most of the time and a 3 other times. Getting all run 4's should be very rare. Fielders still a touch slow in the outfield?

Had a go bowling in test match. Had tweaked a few things in the gameplay modifiers and it felt a little more difficult to get perfect deliveries.

There were not many edges until James Vince got one. Although I had turned swing down which may have impacted a lot in that first 20 overs.

g2EeCoz.jpg

Lots of catches, a couple at gully, one at leg slip (a brilliant trap laid for Rashid even if I do say so myself), one close - after being clobbered into the fielder's shin it looped up and he caught it - AND this beauty (please do not fix this if it is a bug, it was glorious).

Click mute before playing if you don't like swearing.

Last edited:
The thing is it should sometimes slow down when reaching near to boundary unless a perfectly timed shot, but fielders should be fast enough to make those kind of shots 2 runs most of the time and a 3 other times. Getting all run 4's should be very rare. Fielders still a touch slow in the outfield?

Agreed , but There should be Stamina penalty for every time You take running fast without stamina loss . In real no batman runs fast every time If does He has sweat means stamina loss.

Users who are viewing this thread