Steam update for DBC17 released

What difficulty are you playing on

Veteran mate...
Brilliant to know, thank you! Are keepers and bowlers actually acting quickly now when receiving a ball back, instead of slowly getting the idea to break the bails?

you would like what I what yesterday, Warner launched one, fielder ran round jumped up for the catch but tipped the back while in mid air. Saved the six!

Recently clean bowled Steve Smith (Playing on PS4) Over 1.1
This happens rarely

Played quite a bit with this patch in career mode as a legspinner (Pro difficulty). Most dismissals are now caught. A high percentage of these are edges caught by the wicketkeeper and the others are mainly bat-pad with a few edged slip catches too. LBWs and cleaned bowled are very rare (in fact I can't recall the last LBW). It is nice to have bat-pad catches but I note that the majority of these are from drives onto the pads whereas I would have thought most in real life are off defensive shots...but at least close fielders are useful now. Most of the edges to the keeper look good but I do find that the keeper is too overpowered in catching. I've never seen a wicketkeeper put anything down. Some of the dives to catch a batsman down the legside, in particular, look like they should have been physically impossible. For these extreme chances, I really wouldn't mind if he spilled a few (as long as he safely gathers the easy stuff) just to make the tough ones he does get feel a bit more special.

That said I've seen some good dismissals with this patch including my first ever catch at backward short leg off a batsman trying to glance a googly fine down the legside. It would be nice to get a better spread of dismissal types, though. There is an interesting statistical analysis of test dismissals at Blogs: Analysing Test dismissals across the ages | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo which suggests that the balance might be a little off at the moment. Bowling legspin it is very difficult to get an LBW because all batsmen seem to be able to read the spin. They consistently leave balls that are pitching on but turning away but always connect with a straight topspinner or slider. There is not much evidence to suggest that the batsman sometimes misreads the direction of spin and plays down the wrong line and gets trapped in front to a straight one.

I bat using Pro Cam and I've found that to be increasingly difficult. I seem to be late on most shots...I don't know if that is anything to do with the patch or I'm just running into bad form (never really managed to master batting). Interestingly I did get selected as 12th man for one match...I was sort of hoping they would let me bring the drinks on.

Played quite a bit with this patch in career mode as a legspinner (Pro difficulty). Most dismissals are now caught. A high percentage of these are edges caught by the wicketkeeper and the others are mainly bat-pad with a few edged slip catches too. LBWs and cleaned bowled are very rare (in fact I can't recall the last LBW). It is nice to have bat-pad catches but I note that the majority of these are from drives onto the pads whereas I would have thought most in real life are off defensive shots...but at least close fielders are useful now. Most of the edges to the keeper look good but I do find that the keeper is too overpowered in catching. I've never seen a wicketkeeper put anything down. Some of the dives to catch a batsman down the legside, in particular, look like they should have been physically impossible. For these extreme chances, I really wouldn't mind if he spilled a few (as long as he safely gathers the easy stuff) just to make the tough ones he does get feel a bit more special.

That said I've seen some good dismissals with this patch including my first ever catch at backward short leg off a batsman trying to glance a googly fine down the legside. It would be nice to get a better spread of dismissal types, though. There is an interesting statistical analysis of test dismissals at Blogs: Analysing Test dismissals across the ages | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo which suggests that the balance might be a little off at the moment. Bowling legspin it is very difficult to get an LBW because all batsmen seem to be able to read the spin. They consistently leave balls that are pitching on but turning away but always connect with a straight topspinner or slider. There is not much evidence to suggest that the batsman sometimes misreads the direction of spin and plays down the wrong line and gets trapped in front to a straight one.

I bat using Pro Cam and I've found that to be increasingly difficult. I seem to be late on most shots...I don't know if that is anything to do with the patch or I'm just running into bad form (never really managed to master batting). Interestingly I did get selected as 12th man for one match...I was sort of hoping they would let me bring the drinks on.

This. I'm sure it's too late for this game but I hope any future title has a ground up redesign of the AI to introduce doubt, dependant on batsman/bowlers ability to make this sort of misreading, including bad leaves and late panicked prods, a big part of the dismissal.

Spot on. It's the lack of playing down the wrong line or misjudging anything that is stopping us getting bowled and LBW. I have seen many leaves about a centimeter from the stumps, as their judgment seems to be near perfect. I think nearly all bowled events are as the result of an edge just happening to hit the stumps

Cmon you should know by now not to fight the boys club
Yep, the inner sanctum are well protected, guess I over reacted and I am in the wrong for getting anxious or reacting to any form of sexual posting. I have to deal with it as no one here will say or do anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have on numerous occasions referred to men as the inferior gender yourself. :yes

On another note, to everyone else playing on PC. Has anyone been seeing shots slowing enough to be stopped near the ropes by chasing fielders? Something we used to not really see in Patch 3 on console. Thanks if anyone can answer.
Yep, guilty and have apologised and been told of!!! I'm dealing with it. Tough being a lone female who has the mental age of a 21 year old surrounded by some really great guys who are fantastic with a doulbe entendre. And fun to chat too. Case closed.

Fielding has been tweaked and worked on but I haven't seen anything of what you mentioned yet.

Users who are viewing this thread