Steam update for DBC17 released

All this talk about how good the game is getting via the patches is making me so impatient to play the game lol.

I hope BA can send the patch for the consoles to sony and Microsoft now lol. Thanks to all the beta testers. I know you all have contributed so much in making the game alot better for all of us.

@MattW @mikeymerren

I have asked this before but got no reply. In the new patch can we create our own world cups using their templates? Can we choose what teams can participate in the current world cup options?

Last edited:
This. I'm sure it's too late for this game but I hope any future title has a ground up redesign of the AI to introduce doubt, dependent on batsman/bowlers ability to make this sort of misreading, including bad leaves and late panicked prods, a big part of the dismissal.
If they make the AI doubt they might as well call it Skynet.

During the 75 overs I bowled in a test there were some very risky leaves, at least they looked risky. This was counter balanced with some very confident defense to anything straight.

I've done a lot of editing to the players. I actually feel like the mentalities are pretty good based on the strike rates, shots played. I might just try again and halve the Attacking and Defending attributes and see what sort of difference there is.

I bat using Pro Cam and I've found that to be increasingly difficult. I seem to be late on most shots...I don't know if that is anything to do with the patch or I'm just running into bad form (never really managed to master batting). Interestingly I did get selected as 12th man for one match...I was sort of hoping they would let me bring the drinks on.

This point.

The very early timing issue even when the. Shot timing modifier is kept at 0

Have some good news. Been playing India v Australia on Veteran, Hardest Bowling Difficulty. On a Dry Pristine Pitch. The Surface being Soft though. Completed a Session with the following Scorecard.

And for the first time the Batsmen have made me toil. One thing I noticed was the AI playing a lot of flighted deliveries on the back foot and pulling it or cutting it instead of going down the track(they still are, but a tad less).

They have taken their time and later on in the innings hit every bad delivery for a boundary. Got just the single edge as of now.

I must mention the only two changes that I have made are playing on a Soft pitch and done Get Best before starting this match.

20170506160633_1.jpg

20170506160627_1.jpg

I don't think it takes super advanced AI to get the result he's talking about. You just code it so that lower-rated/low confidence players are more likely to play down the wrong line when the ball is moving, I think there might actually something like this already in the game but it seems quite under-tuned. Hell, in future editions you could even have special player "traits" such as "good/bad against spin" or "good/bad against swing" that would exaggerate the effect.

One of the problems right now as I have mentioned before is that the ball always moves. Swing is actually pretty decently modeled (the new ball swings in the right conditions but almost disappears with the old ball) but even hard/pristine pitches have exaggerated spin/seam from day one. So with this fact, if we make the AI worse against the moving ball then it might make skittling the AI a little easy.

They consistently leave balls that are pitching on but turning away but always connect with a straight topspinner or slider. There is not much evidence to suggest that the batsman sometimes misreads the direction of spin and plays down the wrong line and gets trapped in front to a straight one.

While this is true, I have seen some awkward leaves or late blocks down the wrong line completely as if the AI completely misread the delivery or was not concentrating enough. All this on Pro though. On Veteran and Legend I am yet to see such a thing.

But then I think it is necessary on Veteran or Legend to not let the AI commit too many mistakes in order to get higher scores. Still I feel they'll surely find the perfect balance.

IMG_7849.JPG
I accidently did Green Worn Pitch.

Have completed the first session though!

Scrap the uploading bit. AI are 87/3 at Lunch. Spinner innefictive didn't use their feet to the spinner once. Stokes picked up all 3 caught off the edge.

5 edges went for runs.

Not uploading as I had a shocker with FRAPS ha.

I'll do another session on a green Pristine and upload.

Last edited:
Lunch Day One.....the only off putting wicket was the 4th one when he slogged it to midoff in the last over before lunch....but then again, it is Malaysia I guess....

20170506131344_1.jpg

So are we nearly there for AI and just need some bowleds?

I really hope a patch 4 doesnt go to console without even having the ability to get a clean bowled.

During the 75 overs I bowled in a test there were some very risky leaves, at least they looked risky. This was counter balanced with some very confident defense to anything straight.

I've done a lot of editing to the players. I actually feel like the mentalities are pretty good based on the strike rates, shots played. I might just try again and halve the Attacking and Defending attributes and see what sort of difference there is.

Yeah I feel there is a subtle difference with both mentality and slider tweaking, which is all one needs really. You don't want identical AI players and you don't want players just slogging or blocking mindlessly.

So are we nearly there for AI and just need some bowleds?

I really hope a patch 4 doesnt go to console without even having the ability to get a clean bowled.

That + a few bugs online and hopefully we should be very close

Users who are viewing this thread