Steam update for DBC17 released

Have played quite a bit with the new patch. For me, things are certainly getting there with the gameplay.

The edges are great, though the balance with dismissals isn't quite there as we need more LBWs and bowleds. I am noticing a very high proportion of wicketkeeper catches, otherwise this seems about right.

For me to get a balance there needs to be:

Greater number of Bowleds
Greater number of LBWs
Lesser number of caught, but especially by wicketkeeper

I agree that it would be great if there was more evidence of judgement playing a factor for AI batsmen.

Appreciate this is all easier said than coded!

It's great to see folks playing Tests but can some of the folks on Steam/PC version also play a few odis and T20s as well? IMO AI batting in shorter formats along with poor fields were the biggest concerns. Would be great to hear people's experience on the kind of totals AI manage in Odis and T20s. I always found it easy to bowl out or contain AI to a sub par score in shorter formats so would love to know whether it has changed. If not, probably Big Ant can be given the feedback so they can tweak it as part of Patch 4.

Will add my voice to the bowled/lbws lacking a little bit having played two ODIs on the is latest iteration. Even tail enders against decent pace or spin can just play the right line all the time.

Guys.. Who stopped me from talking about the most wanted feature in this game.. The dynamic lineups.. Still nothing of this kind is given to us.. No team changes because of form.. Only different teams across different formats.. No retirements.. Player progression there in the game.. Soo after talking about this change for so much time.. We havnt got this X factor feature.. Because of the pity issues of some guys regarding cameras.. BA here have missed tweaking the biggest feature.. Sorry for all the guys who wanted dynamic lineups for consoles or steam verrsion of this game of cricket...

Guys.. Who stopped me from talking about the most wanted feature in this game.. The dynamic lineups.. Still nothing of this kind is given to us.. No team changes because of form.. Only different teams across different formats.. No retirements.. Player progression there in the game.. Soo after talking about this change for so much time.. We havnt got this X factor feature.. Because of the pity issues of some guys regarding cameras.. BA here have missed tweaking the biggest feature.. Sorry for all the guys who wanted dynamic lineups for consoles or steam verrsion of this game of cricket...

Maybe the camera changes were the xfactor for them... edges were the xfactor for me.

More LBW's and bowleds may now be the xfactor for a lot others.

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about dynamic lineups.

That being said it's been noted for the 1millionth time. But if you ask again, maybe one more time, it may just may turn up!

Part refund here I come.

Maybe the camera changes were the xfactor for them... edges were the xfactor for me.

More LBW's and bowleds may now be the xfactor for a lot others.

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about dynamic lineups.

That being said it's been noted for the 1millionth time. But if you ask again, maybe one more time, it may just may turn up!
Now as most of us have got closer to lot of their wants.. I can guarantee you guys most of the guys here wanted dynamic lineup feature.. Soo please for them turm this issue up a bit..[DOUBLEPOST=1494073631][/DOUBLEPOST]
Part refund here I come.
Yeah man.. Last time i refrained you from doing so hoping tweaks would be made.. Now its your choice!

Now as most of us have got closer to lot of their wants.. I can guarantee you guys most of the guys here wanted dynamic lineup feature.. Soo please for them turm this issue up a bit..[DOUBLEPOST=1494073631][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah man.. Last time i refrained you from doing so hoping tweaks would be made.. Now its your choice!

What if it's not possible?

Then why did they put that up in the features list.. The didnt put bowleds.. Lbws there! Because they knew tweaks would be made.. They showed us dynamic lineups.. But instead there is no feature close to it! Man.. This feature is possible.. Have you played international cricket captain? Its a small developer game.. But still in that game new players are generated.. So BA cant say that engine is not there for all this stuff..

Didn't think it worked on the Club circuit???

Then why did they put that up in the features list.. The didnt put bowleds.. Lbws there! Because they knew tweaks would be made.. They showed us dynamic lineups.. But instead there is no feature close to it! Man.. This feature is possible.. Have you played international cricket captain? Its a small developer game.. But still in that game new players are generated.. So BA cant say that engine is not there for all this stuff..

Genuinely, didn't really want a conversation about its.

Simply meant, they know about it, they are trying. It may not be able to be done, it may be able to be done. We don't know.

Basically just stop going on about it.

It's great to see folks playing Tests but can some of the folks on Steam/PC version also play a few odis and T20s as well? IMO AI batting in shorter formats along with poor fields were the biggest concerns. Would be great to hear people's experience on the kind of totals AI manage in Odis and T20s. I always found it easy to bowl out or contain AI to a sub par score in shorter formats so would love to know whether it has changed. If not, probably Big Ant can be given the feedback so they can tweak it as part of Patch 4.

I'd say the AI in shorter formats are a little underpowered but Iv just tweaked something so standby!

Didn't think it worked on the Club circuit???
No it didn't and neither in domestic circuit.. No forms slumps effects on team selection. No player progression.. There was one retirement message that popped up.. But i dont know who was that player.. Not in any club teams.. Not in domestic.. Not in international.. Only our player getting dropped that to in one or two games.. But no team changes at all..

Simply meant, they know about it, they are trying. It may not be able to be done, it may be able to be done. We don't know.

Being honest it was advertised...? He has got a point but making that point continuously has proved exhaustive.

Atleast they can tell us.. If they are not gling to tell us.. I am sorry but i got to say that it was a very cheap market trick from their side.. Showing the feature as a highlight for the game.. And providing null![DOUBLEPOST=1494074209][/DOUBLEPOST]
Being honest it was advertised...? He has got a point but making that point continuously has proved exhaustive.
Yeah it was advertised on every site mate!

Users who are viewing this thread