Steam update for DBC17 released

I have bowled innings where pacemen rip through the top order several times so it was refreshing to have a change, largely because of the pitch I think. I bowled about 20 overs straight with spin at both ends into rough patches that had developed. It's tough to judge from one game. But like I said it was a low score but a low score that came about in a different way. I'll be interested to see how the second innings goes.

That's the worrying part... too many collapses and low totals put up by AI while batting. Maybe Big Ant need to tweak AI batting a bit so AI puts up bigger totals. 400-450 should be par total on pristine but from whatever I've seen, AI struggles to score a total of 300 most of the times.

Thanks for sending through your career save. The stats in match are the same ones you're getting in the main career menu, just that the in-match hud doesn't show the count of innings - so you wouldn't see that it's incorrect in game.

Thanks Matt, but how do you account for the differences in averages? For instance here is the full stats from the career menu:

2f7b90a8b1.png

Here it's pretty obvious the way it's getting the average is 355/(21-5) = 22.19. That all makes sense even though the innings number used is incorrect.

However now look at the average in the match itself:

33d5b457d9.png

Obviously to me if it was using the same figures as the career menu like you said, then the average would be the same at 22.19. Additionally if it was using the number of matches played then the equation would be 355/(19-5) = 25.35 which it clearly is not doing either. So going by that what we're looking at is an equation of 355/(15-5) = 35.50. I don't remember all the T20Is I've played but given I bat in the middle order 15 innings played in 19 matches seems like it is about right to me. Which would mean that contrary to what you said (bolded in the quote above) I would suggest that the innings figure the in-match HUD uses is in fact correct.

Now sure if you're going to tell me that we're stuffed and there's no way to get those figures into the career mode menu then I can accept that. Just thought I'd let you know that the correct innings figures are apparently in the game somewhere as the match HUD appears to be pulling them up.

Last edited:
I had a bat in a test. A few things:

There is a couple of AI field settings, in particular 'Pace Attack 1,2,3', where there are huge gaps on the offside. I plundered 15 runs off the first over and scored very freely through the gap throughout my innings. In the game the gully sits deep and the cover perhaps a little higher than you'd anticipate a cover to be in real life. I don't know what everyone else thinks about them, fields are subjective, but for me if the AI uses the field every game I'm going to be perfecting the front foot square drive I already use 75% of the time.. I go by position on the field map rather the name of position when setting my fields. Personally I would move mid on to point or backward point and maybe move the square leg to a midwicket position. Or move the cover to cover point. Or replace the gully with a 9th slip. Other than that I didn't notice anything wrong with the field settings.

78jOu1b.jpg
BZ6ChcT.jpg

I think the AI could make better use of the bowling resources. I'd taken 10 wickets with spin and while the AI had one spinner it was used the same amount as the pace (which did get wickets, but I twice left short balls which clipped off stump. There were two spinners with decent ratings for bowling (but the role as batsman). I'm not sure how the bowling is picked and maybe batsmen don't get picked (I know on the academy when you set someone as a batsmen they've got no bowling skills unless you enter them). I did only bat 70 overs but I still think maybe the odd over here or there would be an improvement. If anyone who has batted longer can tell me that there is more variety I'd love to know.

I missed out on my first 100 on the game when Pujara edged one to slip after what, for me, was a marathon 92. This is a bug, I'd like my 8 runs please.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt, but how do you account for the differences in averages? For instance here is the full stats from the career menu:
Turns out two different calculations are used in different places - if the innings stat was correct, there'd never be a practical difference, but because it wasn't, there is.

Internally the value tracked is the number of times you have been dismissed - which could well be correct. In some places the average is done using the simple - runs / dismissals; but in others, it first derives the not outs (as innings - dismissals), and then uses runs / (innings - not outs).

The scorehud uses the simpler, runs / dismissals - so if you're getting a correct average there, it means your dismissals were correctly tracked, but your innings weren't - which introduces an issue with the screens that don't.

Turns out two different calculations are used in different places - if the innings stat was correct, there'd never be a practical difference, but because it wasn't, there is.

Internally the value tracked is the number of times you have been dismissed - which could well be correct. In some places the average is done using the simple - runs / dismissals; but in others, it first derives the not outs (as innings - dismissals), and then uses runs / (innings - not outs).

The scorehud uses the simpler, runs / dismissals - so if you're getting a correct average there, it means your dismissals were correctly tracked, but your innings weren't - which introduces an issue with the screens that don't.

Ok no bother, sorry for being such a pedant :p but it did seem odd to me. Thanks for explaining.

At least I can still see my "true" average each time I walk out to bat. :cheers

Nah, thanks for prodding - if you'd found the secret always correct innings value, that'd be good to know.

Also please look in Tour match stamina is wrongly showing

upload_2017-5-9_7-38-33.png

upload_2017-5-9_7-40-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-9_7-39-52.png
    upload_2017-5-9_7-39-52.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 90
Good morning all.I have been playing after last update AI batting and bowling improved a lot.
But AI fielding has some flaws after the update even , that is Overthrows atleast one per over unnecessarily goes to fence. Then wicket keeper missing some bouncers to get. Thank you .

I have just loaded a game up i was playing and the pitch looks pristine in comparison with the patchy pitch it had ended the first day as.
Yeah I've come across this as well.
Not sure if it classifies as a bug?
I don't know if it is only visual?

We know that what ever bugs we posted under respective bug submission threads are been locked into...thanks Big Ant!
One suggestion is to map an id to that bug...whenever patches are applied that bug id can be quoted as reference to let us know that is fixed...

I would like to make one suggestion for the below issue...

As in real every wicket keeper has his limits to move on his either sides based on his physic ... so keeper should have some maximum bandwidth where he could move on either sides...

Not only against spinners when ever we play cut shots against pace the keeper will stop the ball even at second slip balls does not go to boundary ...this is unrealistic .

Kindly fix it asap.

This is thru the replay camera.
A little zoomed in. Feels better

AI batting has improved with the new update but need more different types of shots like pull or hook shots, dragging the ball from the offside to onside, more orthodox shots and star players should play like star players.

AI fielding needs to be fixed some extent ASAP. Unnecessary Overthrows occur once in every over giving us 4 extra runs.

That's the worrying part... too many collapses and low totals put up by AI while batting. Maybe Big Ant need to tweak AI batting a bit so AI puts up bigger totals. 400-450 should be par total on pristine but from whatever I've seen, AI struggles to score a total of 300 most of the times.
DBC 14 AI put up some really good totals so it is possible we can only cross our fingers and hope BA can get it right

Users who are viewing this thread