Steam update for DBC17 released

They seem to bat better when the overs are reduced I just played a one day tournament where I playedc12 games one was shortened to 30 overs and the AI made 6/210 the rest of the tournament when AI had 50 overs were lucky to make 150 and never once lasted the 50 overs so I would say the reduced overs has something to do with it
Are you meaning the four and five day games are affected like this sorry if being thick![DOUBLEPOST=1494488138][/DOUBLEPOST]
Particularly for diving catches. Not sure if this is cause I'm playing on pro but they are too easy to take. The only time I drop catches is when it's using the normal fielding method.
Oh yes, certainly agree with diving catches these are hard to pull of in real life (I have tried and... Mixed) but should be 'harder' but not impossible again, sliders?

Hopefully the team are still looking at bowleds/lbws.
Tried a ODI....am getting a few bowleds but mostly edges onto stumps. Also an lbw shout that looked plumb but was edged onto pad.

Quite a few balls narrowly missing though...

Making catches hartder would just mean you're seeing a bunch dropped every match which seems odd. You dont see that happen game after game. This is not to say I disagree with you- the bat-pads are the greatest thing in a cricket game since cricket games. I'm just not sure of that fix. Obviously, I have no suggestion of my own to proffer- this is the internet, after all. :D

Hopefully the team are still looking at bowleds/lbws.
Tried a ODI....am getting a few bowleds but mostly edges onto stumps. Also an lbw shout that looked plumb but was edged onto pad.

Quite a few balls narrowly missing though...

It seems we have hit a brick wall trying to get clean bowled and LBW in this game. However if you look on the DBC17 PC Academy subforum, FrancoBaldo is making a program that might be able to introduce them. Give it a test.

That change to dismissals and some general stability improvements.

Closing in on console submission by the sounds then? Will online players still have some of the issues Acid Burn has been reporting? Appreciate that a lot has been done and well done to Big Ant for all of it.

Thanks MattW ... is the below issue being looked into , will be eagerly waiting if this issue can be fixed before final patch 4.

Or implementing a slider as some of us aren't the best gamers on the planet and are mere casual players with low skill sets and take longer to pick things up. But yes some less steep learning curve.

this is more or less exactly what Dutch requested in the beta and i think it would be a great idea.

Are you meaning the four and five day games are affected like this sorry if being thick![DOUBLEPOST=1494488138][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh yes, certainly agree with diving catches these are hard to pull of in real life (I have tried and... Mixed) but should be 'harder' but not impossible again, sliders?
I think it's one of those areas where it could be improved but isn't in desperate need of attention.

Making catches hartder would just mean you're seeing a bunch dropped every match which seems odd. You dont see that happen game after game. This is not to say I disagree with you- the bat-pads are the greatest thing in a cricket game since cricket games. I'm just not sure of that fix. Obviously, I have no suggestion of my own to proffer- this is the internet, after all. :D

My suggestion for bat pads especially is:

currently nearly every bat pad "chance" is a wicket... i think the fielders round the bat should have a much smaller circle in which they can move to take catches, every bat pad should be a reaction catch, and the timing for them should be small.

we might not see the "worldies" but it keeps the dismissal mode in there but more balanced.

My suggestion for bat pads especially is:

currently nearly every bat pad "chance" is a wicket... i think the fielders round the bat should have a much smaller circle in which they can move to take catches, every bat pad should be a reaction catch, and the timing for them should be small.

we might not see the "worldies" but it keeps the dismissal mode in there but more balanced.

Yeah these things are supposed to be sharp chances and you should have to react pretty quickly (within reason for a video game) to get them and it sounds like they're a bit too easy just now.

Users who are viewing this thread