Steam update for DBC17 released

Its a humble request to BA to enable all the camera types in the "Training modes (ground & practice )" because the absence of broadcast cameras makes theese modes redundant for use by all the broadcast camera users.

Its good sometimes to practice in the ground & nets with different difficulties & sliders...

I hope BA could implement it without much of a hassle..

would be grateful !

Thanx

Its a humble request to BA to enable all the camera types in the "Training modes (ground & practice )" because the absence of broadcast cameras makes theese modes redundant for use by all the broadcast camera users.

Its good sometimes to practice in the ground & nets with different difficulties & sliders...

I hope BA could implement it without much of a hassle..

would be grateful !

Thanx
Put this in the suggestions thread, it may catch some attention from BA or Beta Testers

The only thing to do about the excessive bat pads is reload (unless it happens first or second ball of the over). It is a bit contrived, but that reduces the occurances by two thirds! I also do that with slogs in the air in tests.

What difficulty were you streaming at @wasteyouryouth ? For me it has to be veteran and hardest bowling, else they will fold.

I don't think I want to remove the shot. I simply want AI to put up a decent total according to the conditions. I've been following the posts and match experience of the PC/Steam community and one thing which struck me was how easy it is to knock over AI batsmen. You just have to wait and they will eventually fall. I have yet to see or hear about any experience where AI batsmen went one session without losing a wkt or were 400 odd for 3 or 4 wkts down, which happens quite often in Tests.

I want a competitive AI coz rolling out AI for 200 or thereabouts regularly will wear off eventually and you will be left with the option of simulating AI innings to get a competitive game. It should be hard to dislodge AI batsmen, which I'm not seeing right now.
Try setting fielding to manual forsome reason it is reallyhard to get wickets I dont know why but the AI play really good shots I have bowled 90 overs for only 5 wickets just give it a try ithas given a new reason to play the game again the ai are really competitive next up I will try test match

It would be great where we are able to get games where AI can go to lunch at say 82/0 on a flat pitch or recover from 38/2 to 319/3 as the pitch flattens out and you go wicketless for a session and more with likes of Smith flogging you all over the park. IMO that's what's missing as we are able to dismiss AI cheaply. Now if AI could also put up big totals on flattish pitches it would be perfect, i.e. the sort of matches we see in Australia where teams regularly put 400-500 on board.
Check my thread manual fielding I have posted a pic of scorecard of one dayer AI were 3/50 and made 199 with the loss of3 wickets

In the short period I played with the patch I have got ultra realistic lbws and inside edges..One moment where bat pad were so damn close and it hit the pad first then bat but I heard bat sound mainly but appealed as visually I felt it had hit the pad first ,guess what it did..Pump in the air feel , never ever felt that awesome with the game but the issue is this kind of stuff should be the ones providing the wickets than the smash onto pad ones..The balance needs to get right..In a way I would like that smash onto pad removed but if that gets balanced I am totally fine with it....

Still waiting for the patch on Xbox One, but can someone answer this for me...

Have they moved the position of the silly point to an orthodox slip when batting against spin? To me, most off side shots square of the wicket cannot be played as there's a fielder stood about 2 inches from the batter on the off side. Also, how's the ridiculous diving of the keeper/slip off spinners? Again, i find playing a cut/late cut/reverse sweep off spin pretty much pointless as there's a superman slip or keeper diving 10 feet to catch the ball!

Not sure if people have more joy with bowleds and lbw if using slightly fuller length i.e green and r1 or yellow and l1? I seem to be getting more near misses.

Not sure if people have more joy with bowleds and lbw if using slightly fuller length i.e green and r1 or yellow and l1? I seem to be getting more near misses.

Yes lots of really near misses but still no bowled.

what proportion of your deliveries would actually hit the stumps?

I'd say about half I aim at the stumps when I bowl. Obvious AI v AI is useless at bowling. I have turned bounce down so good length balls also should hit the stumps. It is just endless bat pad catches at the moment.

I would say I am probably on my 500th over or so of bowling without an LBW or a bowled.

Last edited:
I'd say about half I aim at the stumps when I bowl. Obvious AI v AI is useless at bowling. I have turned bounce down so good length balls also should hit the stumps. It is just endless bat pad catches at the moment.

i would honestly recommend reverting all physics sliders to default. while bowled's and LBW were a little too rare, I always got "some" (defined as >1 per innings) and never touched the physics sliders.

another point... if what you're trying to see is bowleds, remove the bat pad catchers certainly against pace. they unquestionably need to be looked at and rebalanced (and there is a beta test on that point currently) but equally it's hard to comment on the changes BA have made to increase bowleds if another dismissal mode is that unbalanced.

i accept that the final build can't put us in a position where we say don't user certain fielders, but currently issue X (bat pad) is preventing being able to give feedback on issue Y (bowleds) so the only solution is to remove those fielders so the bowled issue can be looked at in a more natural manner.

Users who are viewing this thread