Steve Bucknor announces retirement

Because they a sour losers and judge his entire career over one match in which their team was involved with (of course)

He was a great umpire, one of the best. Pitty how one match gets blown out of proportion.

The Australians are extremely sporting losers.:rolleyes:

Who cares. If you don't like an umpire then fine, no need to carry on about it. In Aussie Rules i don't like a certain umpire, and most people dont (someone guess). Doesnt mean I burn eulogies of him. He's just doing his job, doesn't mean he hates a certain team. So you think he will only give bad decisions to India and no one else?

.::Stevo::. added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

The Australians are extremely sporting losers.:rolleyes:
Tell someone who cares. Your a sentence constructing loser.

The point about us not having an umpire in the ICC Elite Panel is irrelevant really. Just because we don't have an umpire doesn't mean we aren't allowed to comment on the quality of the umpires that are in it.
Considering that despite Stevie's blunders he was still there, we should have had some our umpires there actually!:p They would have been even better at making some of the decisions Stevie made. Then maybe my overseas friends would realize why Stevie got the reaction he did!;)

mukund_nadkarni added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Tell someone who cares. Your a sentence constructing loser.

Tell someone who cares! You are a winner! Happy?!
:cheers

No, i would like some blueberries aswell ($7 a pack, rip off) Then i may be slightly happy.

He's taking a jab at Indian umpiring standards (which are quite poor, India haven't produced an umpire to the elite panel yet I think?)

Basically, if Bucknor was Indian, he would be considered the "best umpire of the century"

yea or in other words people would be calling him god.

To be honest, during his career he was one of the best umpires around and at times was the best. An incredible umpire and a great character to have around having met him at Lords a good 4/5 years ago. I've honestly never met a nicer man. I think it's shame that he's become tarnished with this brush of feeling against him because of a few poor decisions during an emotionally charged series and I think it's even more of a shame that people haven't moved on and forgotten about it.

Bye Bye

some moments to remember such a great guy
Steve Bucknor v India

Steve Bucknor: Umpired in 21 India Tests, India has won five of them

1992-93: India vs South Africa, Johannesburg

With South Africa reeling at 73-5, Indians appeal for Jhonty Rhodes' run-out. Bucknor refuses to take Third Umpire's help. Replays show Rhodes, who went on to play a match-saving innings, was clearly short of the crease.

Result: Match drawn

1998-99: India vs Pakistan, Kolkata

Shoaib Akhtar [Images] obstructs Sachin Tendulkar [Images] as he fails to make it to the crease. Bucknor turns a blind eye and refers the matter to the TV umpire. As the red light flashes and Tendulkar walks to the dressing room, Eden erupts.

Result: Pakistan won

2003-04: India vs Australia, Brisbane

Tendulkar is given out lbw when the ball hit on a knee roll and the line was just outside the off-stump. The bowler was Jason Gillespie and India slips after a good start.

2003-04: India vs Australia, Sydney

India is on the verge of history of a series win on the final day. Bucknor refuses a number of close leg-before decisions against the Aussies. India falls short of time. Skipper Sourav Ganguly in his post-series report to ICC gives Bucknor very poor ratings with adverse comments.

2003-04: India vs Pakistan, Lahore [Images]

India is already on the backfoot in the series for the first time after an awful batting display. Five opportunities missed while bowling, four of them adjudicated by Bucknor. This forces Indian coach John Wright [Images] to complain to match-referee Ranjan Madugalle during the day's play.

Result: India lost

2004-05: India vs Pakistan, Kolkata

Sachin Tendulkar walked back to the dressing room with tears in his eyes as Bucknor (standing in his 100th Test) declared him out at 52 after his bat clearly missed the ball sent down by Abdul Razzaq [Images] and none of the Pakistanis, other than the bowler, appealed.

Result: India won

Damn it. A lot of people will lose jobs in India :( How will they make and sell effigies if Bucknor doesnt umpire anymore? :(

Bye Bye

some moments to remember such a great guy

why don't you pull up the mistakes that all the other umpires made against other countries, instead of just focusing on what Bucknor did did against India.

"omg he is against India, we must threaten him from coming to India ever again"

bunch of kids.

Its a shame that a few Indian members see a few mistakes and label him a poor umpire/ think "OMG HE HATES INDIA".

He was an awesome umpire, get over it.

And Chris Martin is an awesome batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread