Steve Bucknor Dropped from third test

Terrible to cave in just to keep india happy. Any other country in the world wouldve got the middle finger - shame money can rig the game, and i'm not talking about indian book makers. I can't wait till another team has problems with the umpires and they complain - they will surely have to replace the umpire every time....it is only fair. Terrible decison, the ICC will forever regret caving into blackmail.

Terrible to cave in just to keep india happy. Any other country in the world wouldve got the middle finger - shame money can rig the game, and i'm not talking about indian book makers. I can't wait till another team has problems with the umpires and they complain - they will surely have to replace the umpire every time....it is only fair. Terrible decison, the ICC will forever regret caving into blackmail.

Never thought of that...Could be interesting for other teams who get rough decisions.

The worst part is when I read the posts of Indian fans who rejoice at this fact. I cringe every time I hear an Indian fan talking up how big and powerful the BCCI is.
It's a good thing that there are people like you Sohum who are smart to enough to see the fault when a board is becoming as powerful as their governing body.

harishankar said:
You know something? the main reason why we react like that is the sense of rankling injustice and the undeniable provocation by the Australian fans over here. I called a truce yesterday and I'm willing to move on, but it seems that the random attack on Indian cricket and India in general will continue on this forum.

Is this forum anti-India? I'm sure it's not but that's been the feeling I've been getting of late... with even neutral fans taking unjust digs at India over anything at all.

I believe that all's fair in love and war... but it seems that some of the people dishing it out cannot take anything back.

My sole intention is to remain friendly with members of this forum, no matter what their nationality, but some people are making that extremely difficult. (I'm not going to name anybody specific, but people who've been reading posts over here pretty much know what's been going on)
Of course the board isn't anti-India, we are a board that encourages diverse opinions from all corners of the earth.

Don't forget that it's basically been a battle between supporters of two nations. If you feel that that's a bit of ganging up then you're probably just frustrated at some of the opinions. It's just basically between Aussies and Indians, and it's getting heated.

Fair enough. I was just expressing the reason why I felt that Indian supporters kept talking about the strength of the BCCI. :)

lol BILLY BOWDEN FTW~

but you have to say bucknor is more experienced at 121 test matches??

everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

Although (as I have stated earlier) I think this decision is wrong, I dont actually think it shows that the BCCI is powerful, rather it just highlights the weakness of the ICC. I think the same thing would have happened if any touring team's board had behaved like a spoiled brat and thrown its toys out of the pram and refused to continue a tour.

Users who are viewing this thread