Story Story of the Month (July)

Who deserves to win SOTM for July, 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no problems. Congrats Chewie, well deserved. Not taking anything away from him but, Imager's story is incredible as well.

The vCash isn't much, I just made that up myself.
The winner has always got a custom title.

Can we stick to the rules please.

Main purpose which we ( myself, Syl and Matt ) discussed is to avoid the craze of user titles for SOTM among the writers. It would be given only during SOTQ. :readit I appreciate the responsibility taken up by new mods ( as I have no time for myself to spend time like before in internet ), but lets ensure that intention behind the rules don't go voilated. Thanks.

Suren, he is the Story Forums mod as well, it isn't like he is 'violating' the rules as you speak, things need to lighten up a little bit, you are so strict about things like that.

I'm with Ollie on this one, things got dumped on certain guys with the recent changes and they have done a good job in the circumstances

it isn't like he is 'violating' the rules as you speak

I thought I was very clear in mentioning " intention behind those rules " and not the " rules ". :p i.e.,

1) Writers getting that user title every month for a moment of pride & stopping the stories after that. Because of this, after a lengthy discussion, we agreed to give it 3 months once. Initial proposal was just only one user title which is for SOTY, but after SOTQ concept, we agreed to give on quarterly basis.

2) Our one another intention is not to enforce too much rules on writers. i.e. restrictions in number of stories per writer. It would be implicit that writer won't get any support if he goes switching every now and then & hence, we left it a bit free so that writers learn by their mistakes if any.

surendar added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I'm with Ollie on this one, things got dumped on certain guys with the recent changes and they have done a good job in the circumstances

I didn't say Callum is not doing good job.. I was/am very very thankful to him for stepping up and taking the responsibility. :hpraise Like I said, the free time in me is very unpredictable these days.

I would like to request Callum and SOTQ panel members to initiate the SOTQ for second quarter as well. i.e. April, May and June.

Ok sorry, I didn't realize we're only giving out custom titles for SOTQ.
I said my thoughts on the previous page, so yeah.

There was only one SOTM over April, May and June, so we just decided to skip that SOTQ, and we'll restart that over the next quarter which is July, August and September. ;)

Damn I'll have to work extra hard to get the SOTQ now :p I have a feeling Dutchad may get that though...

Suren, you invented of the whole idea of 'SOTQ' because the stories forum was going down the toilet, now it's not and is actually doing well.

I had not checked this thread until I posted this one. Feeling happy that my story is nominated. I just got a single vote. But no problems as it is nominated for the first time! Hope my story does good and I too should win some day!

BTW how is this Ollie, with everything like "!!!" in "!" and "..." in "." :p

Kind of adding on 2 days too late, but I've been in Normandy, so thanks for that!

Only because he is bribing people with the enormous vCash prizes.......:noway

No I am not. I don't really care for titles and whatever. I like to have fun. I won a stupidly enormous amount in vbookie (2 billion) because I was just plain stupidly lucky with a bet and want to use it usefully by giving it to other people. I have "donated" hundreds of millions to people without wanting any recognition or praise. What am I supposed to do with it? I can't use it anywhere else. I just like having little silly competitions and I like to think that people will read the story for what it is worth: if they don't like the story they don't have to. I really am not interested in people "like-ing" me because I give away vcash. I like people to like me because they think I am like-able. If not no hard feelings. Everyone his choice...shame you see it that way....or maybe it was tongue in cheek...whatever.......:noway

Last edited by a moderator:
And I thought you Dutch were meant to be a peaceful race of people :p As long as you aren't an ex, or a stupid member on the forum I ain't gonna argue with you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread