Story Story of the Month (September)

Who deserves to win SOTM for September, 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Story of the Month (September)

I've had a look through all the recent stories, and I've chosen these five mainly based on activity over the last month.

Stories:

Australia's Journey In International Cricket - hedger_14
India's Journey To World Cup - surendar
India's journey to WC '11 - Aditya
Still the World Champions: A Pakistan story - Coolboy12
The Blues Cricket Club (True to the Blue) - Aussie Team

Missing:

There were a lot of stories that have only had a few updates throughout September, so it was pretty hard to pick them.

Hope you're all more or less happy with the nominations.

Voting will close in three days time (48 hours), which is Sunday my time.

Rewards:

Thread stickied for one month.
250k vCash for the story owner. (First place)
100k vCash for the story owner. (Second place)

Sad that my story couldn't make it in spite of going pretty good. :(
Nonetheless, out of the nominated ones, I feel the stories of Hedger and Surendar look good. Tough one to decide, but I will go with "India's Journey To World Cup - surendar" :)

It's a tough choice between the 2 World Cup Journey ones. I think Suren's is better but he's only had a few updates since resuming his story while Aditya has been consistently updating his and is nearly as good. I'll have a think about which one to choose..

Out of the ones nominated, I feel only Hedger's story truly deserves to win it simply because both the WC stories haven't been frequently updated. Aditya did have some updates going but pretty short ones. The other two, I like Coolboy's efforts but still there is room to improve and Aussie Team has to do something more than just one pic and some writing for every update.

Thanks for the votes. I didn't expect to get many since I'm using cricsim and there's really no graphics but I guess good writing actually does count for something. I think I'm going to vote for suren's story just because the updates are pure quality.

Thanks for the votes. I didn't expect to get many since I'm using cricsim and there's really no graphics but I guess good writing actually does count for something. I think I'm going to vote for suren's story just because the updates are pure quality.

My vote for your story mate. TBH, the story is interesting, with clean presentation and either the writing, you deserve the win.

Aussie Team added 17 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Aussie Team has to do something more than just one pic and some writing for every update.

Oh! surely, I'll work on the presentation. thanks for the tip. :)

oh, i thought my story would be definetly there but :facepalm!

edit:just saw it now:laugh

Last edited:
I have gone with Hedger's for the consistency & beauty in the story line. A good example of a hit story with story line & without much photoshop graphics. This is how a story line can do magic to writers & which is what need to be realized among the new writers.

Doing the basics right will click right in any aspect of one's life even in reality. :)

I was off for couple of day's, so...... :p with some great stuff from Hedger_14 with presentation and other stuff, you earn it. although I would like to vote for The Blues Cricket Club. :)

I think "Greens' journey in Cricket" by Gorro had to be here, he has done some fantastic work in the recent updates.

Users who are viewing this thread