Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Hi Legend master
I appreciate all ur hard work and I think this game could become the best cricketing game ever,I have two question for u, one is that what software are u using in creating a game and second one is it possible to customize bowling action in the game by using such software which u are using to create all animation

I've got an idea for the swing system. :cool: Before each delivery, you choose how you want the ball (which side the shiny side is on, angling into/away from the batsman) then the ball can swing according to the position of the shiny side. That means the ball will only reverse swing in the right conditions, unlike on C2005 where it reverse swings from the start and it damp conditions. It makes it alot easier to get the hang of and much more realistic

RabbleRouser said:
I've got an idea for the swing system. :cool: Before each delivery, you choose how you want the ball (which side the shiny side is on, angling into/away from the batsman) then the ball can swing according to the position of the shiny side. That means the ball will only reverse swing in the right conditions, unlike on C2005 where it reverse swings from the start and it damp conditions. It makes it alot easier to get the hang of and much more realistic

You could assign different balls to different keys, because having only 4 deliveries for a leggie is annoying. So, you could change the position of the seam, and decide in what direction. Also, it would be good to have realism as to which balls a bowler can bowl, I think it highly unlikely that Michael Vaughan could bowl a doosra :p .

RabbleRouser said:
and also for some bowlers the swing should be extragavant and for some others none.
Hoggard gets lot of swing where as collingwood nothing.collingwood shud roll his fingers for off-cutter which he bowls normally.
shoaib akhtar should get more reverse swing and shud be a bit lethal than otehrs.

There are two types of ball deviations.
1)Swing movement
2)seam movement

Swing movement is ball swinging in air and also off the pitch.It occurs with Duke balls.Thats why swinging bowlers prefer duke balls.The in-swing is also called reverse swing.Swing actually occurs in pitches and conditions like in New Zealand.Reverse swing is mostly seen in Pakistan.

Seam movement is ball deviation off the pitch.It occurs with kokaburra ball mostly.ANd this seam movement occurs in first 1-10 overs always.

I_LikeMadPeople said:
The in-swing is also called reverse swing.

I think you've got the wrong idea here. In-swing is normal swing with the ball turned the other way around, it still requires one side of the ball to be shiny and the other not. Reverse swing is a completely different phenomenon, requiring a dry and abrasive pitch.

Do not try reverse swing, it is very complicated, and i dont even thing the bowlers who bowl it are even too sure of the science

My point was that on BLIC + C2005 you actually contol how far the ball swings, in real life as your running in to bowl you don't think "I'm going to swing this one 2cm to the right." The only control you have over it is the direction in which it goes

RabbleRouser said:

another very good idea i think

some more suggestions :-

1.) we should be able to control the speed of the batsmen while running between the wickets. we should be able to sprint , run normally and also jog
ALA inzi style ;) . this will affect our stamina. :)

2.) there should be a morale system. if a player doesnt perform consistently,
his morale will decrease and hence his shot selection / timing will be affected

I_LikeMadPeople said:
It occurs with Duke balls.Thats why swinging bowlers prefer duke balls.

Seam movement is ball deviation off the pitch.It occurs with kokaburra ball mostly.ANd this seam movement occurs in first 1-10 overs always.

There's an idea. Change the amount the ball swings/seams depending on the ball, and the conditions.

FreddieFan said:
I think you've got the wrong idea here. In-swing is normal swing with the ball turned the other way around, it still requires one side of the ball to be shiny and the other not. Reverse swing is a completely different phenomenon, requiring a dry and abrasive pitch.

Don't listen to anything I_LikemadPeople writes, he's got NO idea about swing!

Inswing is when ball swings into the right hander (shiny side away from the batsman)
Outswing is when the ball swings away from the right hander (shiny side into him)
(IE the ball swings away from the shiny side)
Reverse Swing is when the balls swings towards the shiny side. It has nothing to do with the pitch, as the ball swings in the air before landing. (It can swing afterwoods, but it normally seams off the pitch)

daleroy said:
It has nothing to do with the pitch, as the ball swings in the air before landing. (It can swing afterwoods, but it normally seams off the pitch)

To roughen the ball up, you need an dry and abrasive pitch. A soft pitch isn't going to rough it up that much, is it?

daleroy said:
Don't listen to anything I_LikemadPeople writes, he's got NO idea about swing!

Inswing is when ball swings into the right hander (shiny side away from the batsman)
Outswing is when the ball swings away from the right hander (shiny side into him)
(IE the ball swings away from the shiny side)
Reverse Swing is when the balls swings towards the shiny side. It has nothing to do with the pitch, as the ball swings in the air before landing. (It can swing afterwoods, but it normally seams off the pitch)
wtf wrong with you

i know inswing is different from reverse swing
but its the same swing but conditions different.
Inswing occurs with new ball and reverse swing with old ball

What do u mean to say "It has nothing to do with pitch"
It depends on the picth 30%.Even if the pitch is dry and abrasive u cant expect reverse swing everytime.

And when u said that it seams off the pitch its called in-dipper

Can anyone tell why does a tennis ball also reverse swings?I ahve got reverse swing while playing with tennis ball most of the times ,,ofcorse it depends on your bowling action also.

Now change the topic and lets discuss about AI captaincy which is not taken seriously in any cricket game.I will provide the latest ideas soon.TIll then LM wait.

Users who are viewing this thread