Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Good Idea mate ,I like the idea of 3d animated ball it provides unlimited amount of variation ,and also when we create a player there should be option to check his ability of bowling and batting in the nets not just build it like in cricket2005 all stats functions ,In this game computer should decided the ability of a player regarding his performance in the nets

Hmm...so the better you are at the game, the better your created player will be?

dhruvdeepak i really like your idea mate.

but don't you think it will be hard to put the bowling marker on right place if you do not have time? i.e. if the marker appears just before bowler jumps, and you want to bowl a bouncer but the marker is a yorker length how you going to get the marker down at right time? delaying marker is good idea but many things has to be taken in account.

3d animated bowl is something i really want in this game, it sound realistic and more appropriate. But does this means special delivery is out of the account?

@dhruv
DOnt write that much big posts
My head burned off reading your post.

you are wrong about conventional swing.
Conventional swing will mostly come from new ball.New ball will have both sides shiny.

This is your sentence :
for conventional swing: you have to keep one side of the ball dry/shiny, and for outswing basically angle the ball towards the slips with the shiny side on the inside. you have to do the opposite for inswing.
the release of the ball has to be nice and \'clean\', and the bowler has to sort of snap his wrist in order to impact back-spin on the ball i.e. the ball is rotating backwards in the air.

1)How can u keep one side of the ball dry/shiny when its new? Infact the new ball will only be shiny.

So your sentence is completely wrong.

I agree with reverse swing.

Your sentence \"Tall bowlers will get more seam movement is wrong\" .It depends on the wrist action of the bowler.
Compare between Harmison and Mcgrath.OK.Harmison (more height) hits the ball into the deck very hard and whereas Mcgrath/pollock tries to seam the ball off the pitch with medium pace.

The match should be fully unpredictable.When you are playing on hard pitch it doesnt mean that there wont be any swing .It shud be random.SO it shud be random.
On blc99 when i take hard pitch,I will have already known that ther wont b any swing in the pitch.This sux.Make it unpredictable.

I like Saad\'s Idea again.But it will suck.So improve the idea a bit.

Umm...Mcgrath and Pollock both are about 6 feet and just a few inches shorter than Harmison, and Harmison does get seam movement. He is right...

ZoraxDoom said:
Hmm...so the better you are at the game, the better your created player will be?
Not exactly ,it depends on the current performance and u know that human cud not be consistent even bowler like mcgrath and warne did not give same performance all the time ,however it increases the chance of created a good player if u r good at the game

ZoraxDoom said:
Umm...Mcgrath and Pollock both are about 6 feet and just a few inches shorter than Harmison, and Harmison does get seam movement. He is right...
O ****

U havent seen much of Mcgrath then.He lands the ball in right places and seams the ball more than enough..He used to frustate every opponent with his seam movement some 4 years back.He was a champion in that.Harmison also gets the same amount of seam movement but hits the pitch hard and is more faster than Mcgrath....I think this height factor shouldnt be there in the game..and nowadays al the guyz are around 6\" .SO no one is tall nor short.

Mind your language, I_LikeMadBoys.
Dhruvdeepak, you have some good ideas, but I want to clear up on the rotating ball thing. I just realised that when you bowl you don't have full control of where the seam is, but you have some idea of what it will be like. And what for spin bowlers? Warne pretty much always spins the ball seam up perfectly (apart from his slider, but that is deliberate). I think it could be improved, but it is a good idea.

One thing that I have noticed since playing cricket 05 but I've no idea wether it's been mentioned as i dont have time to read all of this thread. Will we as batsmen be able to choose which guard to take?? ie centre, middle/leg , leg etc.

It bugs me in cricket 05 that every batsman takes exactly the same guard - surely every batsment is different up to a point??

Just my thoughts on it.

i_likeMadboys said:
But i dont like shiny idea as suggested by rabble.Bcoz the new ball will have both the sides shiny and it swings.
Rabble thinks that there should be only one side shiny to swing the ball.

Thats a stupid thing to say, of course i know both sides will be shiny on a new ball. This is the good part about having the new ball in the system I suggested; not only will the bounce be hard to pick up so will the swing, just like it is in real life. Then if you can pick which side to shine you will gradually see one side of the ball deteriorate and the other stay shiney.

SAFC said:
One thing that I have noticed since playing cricket 05 but I've no idea wether it's been mentioned as i dont have time to read all of this thread. Will we as batsmen be able to choose which guard to take?? ie centre, middle/leg , leg etc.

It bugs me in cricket 05 that every batsman takes exactly the same guard - surely every batsment is different up to a point??

Just my thoughts on it.

I think LM said this would be included but i'm not sure. It is a good idea though

RabbleRouser said:
Thats a stupid thing to say, of course i know both sides will be shiny on a new ball. This is the good part about having the new ball in the system I suggested; not only will the bounce be hard to pick up so will the swing, just like it is in real life. Then if you can pick which side to shine you will gradually see one side of the ball deteriorate and the other stay shiney.
Thats a stupid idea.
Who will shine the ball bowler or fielders?will there be animations showing the bowler shining the ball.Will they rub the ball with their a** ?And also there shud be option to tamper the ball with nails and gradually the ball shud go out of shape and shud help swing movement.
Why not include one more animation where fielders try to clean thier shoes so that it will increase their comfortness gradually?

I liked your previous idea where bowler has the option which side to hold the ball.

How about you have the 3d animated ball rotate, with the bowler having to push a key when it reaches the seam alignment he wants? Maybe you can vary the speed of this rotation according to the skill of the bowler? If he is a great McGrath, it will rotate slowly, but a part timer will not have that luxury.

I think thats a fantastic idea. Instead of placing random dots on the ball, have something that actually means something, and rewards people who understand cricket.

A side-note on this: one quarrel i have with cric 2005 and BLIC is that as a batsman, you know where the ball is going to pitch way too early. this is not a problem if you are bowling against the PC, but if you are playing multi-player, or are batting, it takes away the fun. i realize the obvious difficulty in managing this, so i suggest that the "marker" for where the ball will be placed come up as late as possible, like when the bowler has already jumped and is about to release the ball. the benefits of this? you require real control of your keyboard/gamepad as a bowler, and you dont see it as early as a batsman. of course, others will have a different point of view because they might be looking for a simple stress-free, uncomplicated hit out, or may want something even more hardcore. this is just my suggestion.

I also agree with this. One of the most commen ways to dismiss batsmen, especially tailenders, is to beat them for pace. With the cursor appearing so early, this is impossible. I want to see Shoaib running down the pitch in delight as Vaughan realises that he wasnt quite quick enough.

Different guards is essential in my view. Maybe a sort of rewards syetem - if a right-arm bowler comes around the wicket to a right handed batsmen, and you realise this and open up your stance, shots become a bit easier to play? Or maby they just get harder of you don't change.

FreddieFan said:
Different guards is essential in my view. Maybe a sort of rewards syetem - if a right-arm bowler comes around the wicket to a right handed batsmen, and you realise this and open up your stance, shots become a bit easier to play? Or maby they just get harder of you don't change.

I was thinking that you should be able to change the guard whenever you want possibly through the pause menu. At least that way if you're not bothered by changing guards then you can leave it alone but if you need to it's available via the pause menu. As a cricketer myself I really can't understand why it hasn't been included in a cricket game before now adds to the realism imo.

I'm pleased that other people think it's a good idea!!!

wrt taking guard...yes, im going to have it so when a new batsman comes to the crease he has to take guard...of course you can simply skip this and just accept the default position but if you want to you can adjust your guard. Then i'm thinking at the pause menu you will be able to adjust this using the same routine. It wont have any effect on stats etc, i think, it will more be for you to feel comfortable when playing strokes and timing etc. so yeah, you can change your 'default line' if you want to get that detailed. But also remember you can move in this right up to when the ball reaches you so getting the default right line is not as critical as it would have been in other titles, but yes it is gonna be cool to have the option to change guard at any time.

LM

LM,
WRT my previous post (particularly about the rotating ball), can you give us some insight into what your ideas are for the different types of deliveries and the way it will be presented to us?

Users who are viewing this thread