Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

legend_master said:
wrt taking guard...yes, im going to have it so when a new batsman comes to the crease he has to take guard...of course you can simply skip this and just accept the default position but if you want to you can adjust your guard. Then i'm thinking at the pause menu you will be able to adjust this using the same routine. It wont have any effect on stats etc, i think, it will more be for you to feel comfortable when playing strokes and timing etc. so yeah, you can change your 'default line' if you want to get that detailed. But also remember you can move in this right up to when the ball reaches you so getting the default right line is not as critical as it would have been in other titles, but yes it is gonna be cool to have the option to change guard at any time.

LM

Ah right cheers - Thats one of the annoying things with Cricket 05 in that you can only move up to a certain point which makes it a bit restrictive.

Cheers for answering my post though.

RabbleRouser said:
A lot of batsmen (including myself) have a little shuffle forward or to the side before playing a shot, will this be included?
Good question. I myself love shuffling accross then back :) Can't hit the ball anyways, so annoying the bowler is the next best thing :)

RabbleRouser said:
A lot of batsmen (including myself) have a little shuffle forward or to the side before playing a shot, will this be included?
A lot of batsmen (sachin,ponting) have the tendency to look around the field before playing a shot and they always look to get the sightscreen correct by clearing the audience around the sight screen and moving the screen left and right, will this be included ?

yes, there is free movement up to once the ball passes you...so you can shuffle if you want, but i'm not making it auto-cpu-controlled shuffling

there will be a lot of "idle animations" or "embellishment animations" such as idling, looking around, asking to clear area around sightscreen etc etc but these are all polish things which will be done much later when the guts of the game is done.

dhruvdeepak said:
LM,
WRT my previous post (particularly about the rotating ball), can you give us some insight into what your ideas are for the different types of deliveries and the way it will be presented to us?

I will go into this in detail shortly, but i'm still refining (in my head) the process :onpc

i need to focus all my attention at the moment on finishing the loose ends i am working on now (still a lot of loose ends before batting/running is totally finished).

Every thing real

Kits/logos/bats , etc.

Madman said:
i have an idea
you could have a Coolness Rating, this means that every stadium has an atmosphere rating when half-full, full etc.. and some players crumble under the pressure of the big stadium while others like playing in the immense atmosphere, this could also be used when the required run rate gets above 6 or 7 to decide whether a player can play calmly to get the runs or if they panic and try too hard for the runs.
not very important really i know :)
yeah good idea mate,but inserting another attributes makes the game complicated so inspite of adding we should rely on concentration attributes that when a youngster is in pressure situation he loses his concentration and gave away his wicket so u have to be more careful under these circumstances as far as stadium rating it does not sound that good only make complicated game play

question - does anyone really want domestic teams or would they be a waste of time? Please let me know..i'd like to get a show of hands on this issue..

LM

I think domestic teams are a nice addition, perhaps something that can be integrated into the game at a later date? At the same time they are not necessary, and coming up with accurate rosters can be a very time-consuming aspect, so my opinion is that you'd be better off sticking to fully accurate International sides and perhaps looking at adding County sides once the game is a success ;)

how about we have a batsmens point of view at the ground to see the fielding and everything?

and about the shine on the ball, how about you chose which side you want the shine on and you are able to rub the ball on your shirt to take of some shine or something :). i see alot of bowlers do that. this has to be the lamest idea :D

LM please let us make croud signs. we can have them as textures and we can use photoshope to make our own croud signs.

legend_master said:
question - does anyone really want domestic teams or would they be a waste of time? Please let me know..i'd like to get a show of hands on this issue..

LM

Domestic teams would be cool, but aren't essential. Maybe get some people to patch the game for domestic teams after you release it. That way you won't waste time making domestic teams that people don't need, for example english people are more likely to want to play with the english domestic teams than the australian domestic teams, and vice-versa for australians.
Also, it is much easier this way, you won't have to do so much research on domestic teams, some patcher will already know.

I would suggest having a base game with just the main test/odi teams, and then have official addon packs for domestics and other things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread