Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

That's a good call LM to do the domestics afterward. Apart from anything else, it will make the initial release much smaller in size, which therefore would make it easier to download, or whatever. I'm glad though that you are leaving heaps of "space" in the code. Better than EA, where if you want other domestics, you have to replace Eng and Aus teams.

Propmanoz said:
That's a good call LM to do the domestics afterward. Apart from anything else, it will make the initial release much smaller in size, which therefore would make it easier to download, or whatever. I'm glad though that you are leaving heaps of "space" in the code. Better than EA, where if you want other domestics, you have to replace Eng and Aus teams.

yeah, let me re-interate...this is a game i want to play myself and enjoy (one of the main motivations for doing it!)...and i want patching to be easy and hassle-free...i hate stuffing around with patches, replacing stuff etc etc...i want to make it as simple as possible...e.g. just unzip the patch files to replace existing files or for the domestic leagues and bat examples just fill up existing slots...simplicity is the key. It sux to add something and in the process lose something else because of the addition.

It would be best to release it in several different places (thecricketproject.com, other download sites, p2p file sharing networks)

But that is quite a way off. Lets concentrate on making the game first.

slade said:
Or you could release on Bit torrent
yep thats a good idea but LM should concentrate on making game smaller as well (around 700MB)

Madman said:
I really like the idea of leaving all that space in the code :) i am not the best patchmaker but i am sure i will be able to do HEAPS of stuff easily in this! :)
i know its early but i have a BIG tip for when you download this game (will probably be over 1GB download!) get LechGet www.leechget.net it slashes download times in half, i don't know how but it does and when you download with it your PC still runs smoothly the only bad thing about it is that you can only do 1 concurrent download with the demo version but you can always set internet explorer to do another :) it does half of the download in about 10 seconds then the rest is super-fast compared to your normal speed (credit to langerrox for telling me in another thread)
I search the whole and it does not say anything related to slashing download in to half , is this a joke buddy???

The game will definetely be released at TheCricketProject.com, as well as a few other websites I would imagine.
LeechGet is a fast download manager. I recommend it.

Madman said:
no joke, i managed to make a 900mb download in an hour with a 512kbps connection :eek: i dont know what it does but it does nothing for about 10-20 seconds like its frozen up then half of the download is done, i was like WHAT!! i didnt know how the hell it did it myself, i tried the file and it was 100% ok (not corrupted etc...) i am thinking of getting the full version, its great.

a question, if/when the game gets a name (e.g. legend master Paul's Cricket :p) will there be a new site called www.paulcricket.com or something (dont click the link its not a real site :p) or will the site stay as www.thecricketproject.com (now thats a real link :))

There will be a new site called "xxxxxxxxxxx" (i.e. the new name!) and thecricketproject will probably be set up as an alias to redirect there.

LM

Hey L.M maybe you should make an in game add jerseys etc. Like you just browse the file in the game and it will add and then hav a few options like Where to place the numbers, name, style and colour of numbers etc

have been watching closely and got a 'few' suggestions.
Long post so please bear with me.

1. In all shots in videos, the final ball position markers(those white dots)are present at at some fixed locations all the time,for all shots, even before ball is bowled.Assuming those are places where ball will end after edges, do u calculate edges before ball is bowled?
I also found them at most unlikely places.eg sq cut can't go to short leg.

2.Have u started on AI?

3.Shot power meter(I suposed) is a great thinking.:clap Would give total control and automatically make six hit difficult, which every cricket game has missed.However did u include "shotckeck" feature?i.e stopping oneself from playing the shot in between the stroke?
for eg double tapping a key would reduce power to half so that if u feel u can't hit six, u could save yourself from getting out.
Even better, how about making it a special ability for great batsmen?

4.Cricket today is implementation of strategy.i.e almost every team knows special weakness of good batsmen.eg Rahul Dravid is prone to getting out on incoming delivery, while anything on his legs is a granted boundary.
Infact it would be better weakness and strengths are shown when batsmen are taking guard.It would be good utilization of those mins.

5.It was great to see batsman utilize crease to have a leg glance going for him in sixth video.
Would bowlers utilize crease as well?Many modern day bowlers do them to get a greater angle at batsman.

6.How about injuries while fielding?

7.Would fielding ability be diff for different for different players?
In other words would difference in batting,bowling and fielding really be seen, felt?I felt that EA had those difference only on paper.

8.How about ball marker?I really had to look hard to seen ball on the field in those videos?:eek:

9.Soundtrack was super.Really.

10.First person mode??Would really be amazing.Not necessary though.

11.The community seems to be really eager.How about a ckecklist on website rather than percentage completed.

12.Would diff bowlers be handicapped?i.e. many bowlers can't bowl one type of delivery unlike EA would have us to believe.
I would be better if confidence meter is implemented differently for bowlers.Make it a more level type.Eg if a particular level is reached, the bowler can be enabled to bowl a new type of delivery.

13.Career mode in planning?

14.Couldn't finish on 13th.unlucky no.Would wish that the project gets all the luck in the world.

All the above would be unimaginable to ask even from EA.I thought I would put it on another thread, the one on which EA has asked Planetcricket for help.But it thought that EA doesn't know basics, forget them implementing above features.

Waiting eagerly. :cheers

Last edited:
blackleopard92 said:
have been watching closely and got a 'few' suggestions.
Long post so please bear with me.

1. In all shots in videos, the final ball position markers(those white dots)are present at at some fixed locations all the time,for all shots, even before ball is bowled.Assuming those are places where ball will end after edges, do u calculate edges before ball is bowled?
I also found them at most unlikely places.eg sq cut can't go to short leg.

2.Have u started on AI?

3.Shot power meter(I suposed) is a great thinking.:clap Would give total control and automatically make six hit difficult, which every cricket game has missed.However did u include "shotckeck" feature?i.e stopping oneself from playing the shot in between the stroke?
for eg double tapping a key would reduce power to half so that if u feel u can't hit six, u could save yourself from getting out.
Even better, how about making it a special ability for great batsmen?

4.Cricket today is implementation of strategy.i.e almost every team knows special weakness of good batsmen.eg Rahul Dravid is prone to getting out on incoming delivery, while anything on his legs is a granted boundary.
Infact it would be better weakness and strengths are shown when batsmen are taking guard.It would be good utilization of those mins.

5.It was great to see batsman utilize crease to have a leg glance going for him in sixth video.
Would bowlers utilize crease as well?Many modern day bowlers do them to get a greater angle at batsman.

6.How about injuries while fielding?

7.Would fielding ability be diff for different for different players?
In other words would difference in batting,bowling and fielding really be seen, felt?I felt that EA had those difference only on paper.

8.How about ball marker?I really had to look hard to seen ball on the field in those videos?:eek:

9.Soundtrack was super.Really.

10.First person mode??Would really be amazing.Not necessary though.

11.The community seems to be really eager.How about a ckecklist on website rather than percentage completed.

12.Would diff bowlers be handicapped?i.e. many bowlers can't bowl one type of delivery unlike EA would have us to believe.
I would be better if confidence meter is implemented differently for bowlers.Make it a more level type.Eg if a particular level is reached, the bowler can be enabled to bowl a new type of delivery.

13.Career mode in planning?

14.Couldn't finish on 13th.unlucky no.Would wish that the project gets all the luck in the world.

All the above would be unimaginable to ask even from EA.I thought I would put it on another thread, the one on which EA has asked Planetcricket for help.But it thought that EA doesn't know basics, forget them implementing above features.

Waiting eagerly. :cheers

ok, ill try to answer eac of these - that was a long post ;)

1) Im afraid you got those all wrong ;) - the white ball markers are ONLY for debugging - they obviously wont be in the final game - in fact i should remove them for videos...the reason they are present BEFORE the ball is bowled is not from 'pre-calculation' but from previous shots i have already done before that shot :) - i have been leaving them there - they dont get cleared after each shot...i did this so i could see the distributed wagon wheel to prove the array of shot variation...ALL calculations (including edges mishits etc.) are all done AS THE BALL HITS THE BAT at the moment of impact. The only way a square cut could end up at short leg is through an outrageous mishit (i s'pose it's possible??) but you would be referring to the white dot of a previous shot i had done.

2) Not yet

3) was going to include this shotcheck but was in 2 minds (no pun intended)...i thought that if you committed to a shot then it would probably be too late to change your mind...id like to get a show of hands for this feature....????

4) there are weakness stats...not sure if they should be visible or not...show of hands????

5) yes

6) yes, there will be

7) yes, absolutely, this is key

8) videos are ultra compressed (poor quality) so it is hard to see - no ball marker required - you will be able to see the ball fine in actuality.

9) That was Skateboarder's doing - yeah, good job ;)

10) there will be a 1st person cam preset and you can set your own cams anyway

11) there's a checklist of sorts in the "List of guys willing to help..." thread

12) bowling will behave similar to batting, each diff delivery type will be graded per bowler. I want all types of delivery to be available to bowlers at all time..that's more realistic.

13) yes, at least a basic one. Considering an add-on pack OR different version which combines managerial with playing similar to the new PES manager game coming out.

14) thanks!

hope that answers your questions and thanks for the support...

LM

Considering the screenies dont look good unless performance is conprimised what about simpler graphics for better actually playing in and better graphics for close ups of players e.g. seeing a bowler return to his mark or the batsmen tlking to each other at the end of an over

Brett_Lee said:
Hey L.M maybe you should make an in game add jerseys etc. Like you just browse the file in the game and it will add and then hav a few options like Where to place the numbers, name, style and colour of numbers etc

Could you do that because it just offers a wide variety of making jerseys, bats etc.

Users who are viewing this thread