Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

genghis_khan said:
Gillespie isnt overhead...he rests the ball just on his shoulder under his jaw in a fairly straightforward stance...so i just catergorized it as high arm. Not as high as Harmison and Ntini.
Shoaib does sling...theres nothing wrong with that.

Ok.Its been ages since i last saw him.Only rember large mass of hair and an orangutan type of action
Shoaib is at extreme level of open chest slinging

Hi LM
I have an idea for Slog and Trick shots(like playing cut shot over keepers head,moving from stumps and just edging to third man very fine or hitting to fine leg boundary ,awkward reverse sweep to third man etc) button ,there should be two buttons 1=Slog ,2=Trick shots ,so there should be 8 shots for each button and it should depend upon batsman ability to have all 8 shots or just 2 or 3 for his armory
eg Younis khan should only have slog sweep in the slog button eg(SHIFT) but in the trick shot button he should have 6 trick shots from 8 .
Another eg for Abdul Razzaq he should have all slog shots but he only have one trick shots
PLS REPLY ME PAUL

Muhammad Saad said:
Hi LM
I have an idea for Slog and Trick shots(like playing cut shot over keepers head,moving from stumps and just edging to third man very fine or hitting to fine leg boundary ,awkward reverse sweep to third man etc) button ,there should be two buttons 1=Slog ,2=Trick shots ,so there should be 8 shots for each button and it should depend upon batsman ability to have all 8 shots or just 2 or 3 for his armory
eg Younis khan should only have slog sweep in the slog button eg(SHIFT) but in the trick shot button he should have 6 trick shots from 8 .
Another eg for Abdul Razzaq he should have all slog shots but he only have one trick shots
PLS REPLY ME PAUL

pretty good idea, but im afraid the control system (for batting) has already been implemented and i am very happy with it...i'm still open to suggestions on bowling and fielding tho..

legend_master said:
pretty good idea, but im afraid the control system (for batting) has already been implemented and i am very happy with it...i'm still open to suggestions on bowling and fielding tho..

One thing came to mind, would u incorporate reaction time of humans?.
It is specially important for close in fielders.
EA had forgotten it completely, resulting is super fielders for close in catching.
Catching ball.Before I knew what happened.
oh! that reminds me, Make sure that fielders complete their animation before starting another.EA had forgotten this also.
Fielders catches ball in mid dive, suddenly gets erect, and throws.very amusing.

Realistic misfields would be nice. Unlike EA's moving into completely the wrong position and watching the ball fly past to the boundry.

FreddieFan said:
Realistic misfields would be nice. Unlike EA's moving into completely the wrong position and watching the ball fly past to the boundry.

lol yeah... and fielders should not run towards the boundary even before the ball has passed them.. ;) :p

HI LM
u could use random animation in bowling styles (very slightly random) eg when bowler bowl there could be jerk in his front arm or he bend slightly in first delivery but not in second delivery (due to random animation) just adding realsim in the game ,but u have to write script for this .never mind u are doing a gr8 job

I have ideas for bowling.

1. A swing system like C2K5, so a delivery that swings and an arrow to control the amount of swing. But a stat in the batsman decides how visable the swing marker is.

2. The actual swing should be different, I think the problems with Cricket 2005's swing are obvious.

3. And for a swinging delivery the accuracy marker (where you pitch it) should move like in B.L.I.C.

4. Reverse swing should be uncontrolled by the bowler and is more dependant on who the bowler is and how old the ball is this would be simpler to do

5. It'd be good if it works by the marker (which says where the ball is going to pitch) moves one way a bit but the ball actually goes either in the opposite direction or where the ball originally was going to pitch

What do you of my ideas.

Again great work...the screens have made me 50% cricket project and 20% Brian Lara and 30% EA Cricket.

manee said:
I have ideas for bowling.

1. A swing system like C2K5, so a delivery that swings and an arrow to control the amount of swing. But a stat in the batsman decides how visable the swing marker is.

Personally i really do not like the idea of controlling how much swing you get, you can't do it in real life so why should you in a computer game?

RabbleRouser said:
Personally i really do not like the idea of controlling how much swing you get, you can't do it in real life so why should you in a computer game?

And it makes it easier for the human batsman to know how much its is going to swing. Swing should be random and it should be based on statistics and type of bowler.

RabbleRouser said:

K, thats cool, what do you think of my other ideas though

Yeah it think the marker should definately move if your bowling but if you batting it should depend on the batsmans ability to recognise the swing/spin.

Hi manee
The idea four is a good one ,but all of ur ideas cannt be implemented bucuz. firstly LM does not put bowling marker in the game(Thanks LM),other thing that we have got the idea of 3d animated ball in the screen which tells how to hold the ball, and this game is close to reality so we dont need arrows and other stuff like that and there should be real implemention by the bowler to bowl inswing or outswing(by changing the grips and wrist positions) not in case of chosing the appropriate swing, so we can say that he completed the ideas relating to swing ,spin,seam etc

Users who are viewing this thread