Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

About the shot-checking, its a brilliant idea, but i think once you re commited if you try to change it you're a goner anyway. And the CPU batsmen should have have much the same inability. A target for fast bowlers is to try and incite indecision in the batsman - by bowling in the corridor of uncertainty (just outside off stump) there should be rewards as the batsman is constantly asking, should i play or leave it?

Madman said:
i think you should be able to pull the bat away from a shot but not change the shot

That is what shot checking means.Stopping your bat in middle of stroke.
It happens so frequently in The Real game.Watch for it when u see cricket.
Batsmen halting their bats all the time

1 quick idea: grill-less helmets. A la the 80's/ 90's ones. No-one uses these anymore (sherwin campbell used to a few years back for w.i) but it would be a great feature for anyone such as myself wanting to get into classic teams.
In a similar (totally asthetic and practically pointless) vein, how about the ability for players to have different colour helmets- e.g players on the same team using different helmet colours (still in practice on the county circuit i think and was in test cricket 10 or so years ago.) For example you could have a menu for headgear on the players personal/ editor screen where for headgear colour it says either 'team colour' or is customisable.

Madman said:
yes, i know it happens a lot but the batsman going to play a shot then changing their mind and playing a different shot never happens.
this feature would allow for swing, seam and spin to take effect more realistically i think
in all other games once you decide to play a shot you cant go back, it would be nice to see in this

P.S. = 700th Post :p

yeah, that's what i was considering - a 'pull out of the shot' kind of thing...but certainly wont be able to play an alternative shot...

elsmallo said:
1 quick idea: grill-less helmets. A la the 80's/ 90's ones. No-one uses these anymore (sherwin campbell used to a few years back for w.i) but it would be a great feature for anyone such as myself wanting to get into classic teams.
In a similar (totally asthetic and practically pointless) vein, how about the ability for players to have different colour helmets- e.g players on the same team using different helmet colours (still in practice on the county circuit i think and was in test cricket 10 or so years ago.) For example you could have a menu for headgear on the players personal/ editor screen where for headgear colour it says either 'team colour' or is customisable.

hmm...may have to wait for the 'classic matches' add-on ;)

usy said:
how about U/19 world cup :p.

not sure yet on this one...in any case, if there any competitions not present then they can be easily added/edited

Playing an alterantive shot is not possible and would rob the game anyway.

Ques about power meter: Does the meter filling time differs?i.e. powerful batsmen like Dhoni should be able to get into red zone very quickly, to hit sixes like he does.:D

I read about it somewhere in the forum."cheeky flick above wicketkeeper".
Reminds me, what about improvisation aspect of game?There are perhaps 3-4 shots which are mere cheeky.
1.flick above wicketkeeper
2.Leg glance to balll outside legstump to just evade wicketkeeper.
3.A sort of shotin between pull/sweep to guide ball to 3rd man boundary when 3rd man is up in the circle.
4.A super early sweep to put ball directly behind wicketkeep.mainly played on leg spinners by RT hand batsmen.(created by SAchin:happy)

There are some more but i can't rember.

Last edited:
i like the idea of realistic grounds to add to the atmosphere.
for example you know when you're playing on the subcontinent because of large noisy crowds, its misty in night games, security fences etc.
same with in caribbean with the ocean and palm trees.

also bowling actions:

slinging (Akhtar, Edwards, Malinga, tait etc)
neat (Pollock, McGrath, Vaas, Bond)
bent arm (Murali, Harbhajan)
low arm (brett Lee)
high arm (Harmison, Ntini, Gillespie)
'jumping action' (Zaheer Khan, naved-ul-hasan)

and direct hits with run outs...but only from best fielders
-Ponting, Symonds, Clarke, Marshall, Collingwood etc.

genghis_khan said:
i like the idea of realistic grounds to add to the atmosphere.
for example you know when you're playing on the subcontinent because of large noisy crowds, its misty in night games, security fences etc.
same with in caribbean with the ocean and palm trees.

also bowling actions:

low arm (brett Lee)

and direct hits with run outs...but only from best fielders
-Ponting, Symonds, Clarke, Marshall, Collingwood etc.

I think it should not only be for bowlers. Batsman have their own styles. including some different stance and different trigger movement would be nice. i think seeing same type of batsman again and again get boring so different trigger and standing stance is important to. please consider this L.M.

srk121 said:
I think it should not only be for bowlers. Batsman have their own styles. including some different stance and different trigger movement would be nice. i think seeing same type of batsman again and again get boring so different trigger and standing stance is important to. please consider this L.M.
yes i want this
some batsmen jogg during the start of the innings
some pray god
some hold stumps and hit them into the pitch ala chanderpaul
some return to the pavilion happily , some disgusting
cya

How about 3D Ramiz Raza in the commentary box, and interviews end of the match with MOM or captains.

genghis_khan said:
also bowling actions:

low arm (brett Lee)

Tut Tut There goes newbie categorization.

Categories are like
open chested (Aktar)( okay. He slings !)
overhead action (Gillespie)
sideways action(Wasim Akram :hpraise, can't rember any new famous ones)

Jumping is an option which those bowlers have who traded accuracy for speed.

Spinners
wrist spinner (murli,harbajan) generally off spinners

shoulder spinner (warne)

Paul adams action :happy

there are some more but can't recall right now.

Batsman stances! Lol.
Ponting's little jump, Lara's shuffle or Chanderpaul batting the wrong way :p.

Gillespie isnt overhead...he rests the ball just on his shoulder under his jaw in a fairly straightforward stance...so i just catergorized it as high arm. Not as high as Harmison and Ntini.
Shoaib does sling...theres nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread