Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

This is something Id just personally like to have,

With jerseys can you do the like Adidas one that Australia had in the superseries and the current one cause there are a couple of variations

This is the one that has superseries:
BACK:
l1593223.jpg
FRONT
watson_front_narrowweb__200x369.jpg

See how comparing it to the one they used in the VB Series that it has australia on the front and the last name is on the top of the back. On the one they used in VB Series it has Australia on the top of the back and the players last name on the bottom.

Also it would be awesome if you could do all the teams jerseys from the 2003 world cup and choose what jersey to use when you play. And when a team is touring they can only use the away jersey etc

I have an idea for commentary...

When there is a wicket maybe someone can play a clip of 12th man Bill Lawry:

"Got him gone, shove that up ur ass tony greig."

OR when there is a change in commentators (if this is being implemented) there can be 12th man Tony Greig.

The baaaaastared should b barred from this paaaart of the brooadcaast area.

If the PLayer Details were stored in a relational database, then more players could be added quite easily by releasing a patch. All the information about a player could be stored in a table, with fields with each stat, and nationality etc. Then Tables for each team cud be created, in which, a number linking to player details table is stored. That way, specific squads wud not be required.

I think the elements that shud be focused on are gameplay and AI. BLC had gameplay (IMO, much more fun than C2005) but had aweful AI. My friend got a CPU batsman out for a 79 ball duck. ALso the confidence meter was bad because the CPU had no way of ever regaining any composure. You hit the CPU, the bowler's confidence suffers and starts bowling even worse. This leads to a cycle. The AI didnt even change the bad bowler. I think the AI has be designed, with the concept of doing what the opposition would like least. Declaring early to put a team in just before the end of the day etc. Maybe have different modes of captancy: agressive, moderate and defensive. Or have stats for captains, and make the CPU make decisions based upon these.

Anyway, good luck with your game. It looks rele good so far.

Last edited:
I thought about this the other day.
gameidea7ie.jpg

We could choose the teams, venue etc., but also the date on when the match will be played and the name of the competition, to keep up the realism. This would take a bit of commentary work, like "Welcome to this Hutch Cup match..." or "On a blustery afternoon in September...", but I think it could work.

On domestic teams - I personally think they are crucial. BLIC has no lifespan because you can only play internationals; compared to C2005 which does have domestic teams and i'm still playing today. Even if you only did one domestic league and released others later on it would still make me want to play it for a lot longer than if there were only international teams.

Official addons look like the most popular option for domestics. I reinforce my earlier point, players only have to download the packs they want.

i think too that add on is the best way of having domestic teams. i think it is a vital part of the game and it is needed but it could be add later on.

Oh and good luck to jk16 for his GCSE's got mine as well. how did your mock go mate?

ok, im making a judgement call on this...Domestic leagues will definately be released, but as add-on packs, so you will be able to download which ones you want. The code will be provisioned to allow for them, but the actual creation of them (data, kits etc) wont be developed until the main game is completed. I am making this call because i think we need to focus primarily on getting the main game completed and domestic leagues would add a lot of extra work and time to the development timeline. They should be easy enough to add later on tho, it will just be a case of data entry and texturing ;) So kitmakers if you do want to make them then please do, they will get used, but much later on...i am definately planning for the game to continue being developed after release, in terms on add-on packs, patches, improvements, plugins etc. The extent of this will of course depend on how well the game is received...

cheers,

LM

L.M. got a couple of suggestions to make.

1. Could we see individual confidence bar. i.e. facing McGrath the confidence of batsman might go little down where as facing Bracken it might be little high. It may work as like this, a bowler ball a good bowl to batsman, his confidnce to that perticular bowler would be lower than facing the other becuase he was troubled by that bowler.

2. As for different action in bowler, can we have similar for batsman? different type of stands? trigger movement? this could be as a add on but i would love to see different type of batsman stands, i.e. roger twose, shivnariene chanrapaul, or typical sachin tendulkar style, it would be really cool feature to have.

srk121 said:
L.M. got a couple of suggestions to make.

1. Could we see individual confidence bar. i.e. facing McGrath the confidence of batsman might go little down where as facing Bracken it might be little high. It may work as like this, a bowler ball a good bowl to batsman, his confidnce to that perticular bowler would be lower than facing the other becuase he was troubled by that bowler.

2. As for different action in bowler, can we have similar for batsman? different type of stands? trigger movement? this could be as a add on but i would love to see different type of batsman stands, i.e. roger twose, shivnariene chanrapaul, or typical sachin tendulkar style, it would be really cool feature to have.
Great stuff guys! I would love to have those features in the game.
:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread