Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Yup.
In India here, I am sure that magazines like DIGIT and CHIP will include it in their DVD/CD once the game is launched. So dial-up users (and even ones who have Broadband) won't need to download it. :)

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool 'n' Casual said:
Yup.
In India here, I am sure that magazines like DIGIT and CHIP will include it in their DVD/CD once the game is launched. So dial-up users (and even ones who have Broadband) won't need to download it. :)

if the game is free, or Lm gives permission for them to distribute.

hey whats the story line could u like have a career player one where we only control ourself and have to start of as a underdog then play for our country

Madman said:
i have a suggestion:
can wicket keeping have a part in the game? maybe using the mouse and moving it towards the ball and try and catch it.
how about this:

(Keyboard)
Up - Stand Up
Down - Crouch
Left - Move Left
Right - Move Right
Shift (or any button) + Direction - Dive

(Mouse)
Moving Mouse - Move Hands
Left Click - Two Handed Catch
Right Click - One Handed Catch (some extra reach but less chance of holding onto the catch)
*Middle Mouse Button - Throw Off Glove to Throw at Wickets*

*Optional*

this would be great for a player lock on mode or a career player mode if you chose to be a wicket keeper!

Wicket Keeping is a big part of cricket and has been too automatic in other games, can it be given the credit it deserves in The Cricket Project?
Its a very good suggestion mate. But I think it would be very difficult in game mode bcoz the ball travels so fast to judge the movement of the wicketkeeper. And more so against spin .. u would hav too many byes

Maybe we could hav mini games like this .. if LM likes it .. it would be so much fun to play these things as mini games

las_faiz said:
Its a very good suggestion mate. But I think it would be very difficult in game mode bcoz the ball travels so fast to judge the movement of the wicketkeeper. And more so against spin .. u would hav too many byes

Maybe we could hav mini games like this .. if LM likes it .. it would be so much fun to play these things as mini games

Though if you playing your career player as a wicketkeeper this is really a best idea.. like we gonna have a umpire mode why not have an fielder mode as well? i.e.

if you decide to have play your career player as an wicket keeper have these particular buttons so that he can wicketkeep the match as well.

it can not only be wicket keeper.. player fielding any position could have buttons to press either to dive, or move a side ways... it would be like playing as 1st person mode but field as well...

Last edited:
blackleopard92 said:
if the game is free, or Lm gives permission for them to distribute.
From what I have heard till now, I think the game is going to be free (though I wouldn't mind paying for it). Am I wrong?

And I like Madman's idea as well. The more interactivity and control the game has, the better! :)

Madman said:
i have a suggestion:
can wicket keeping have a part in the game? maybe using the mouse and moving it towards the ball and try and catch it.
how about this:

(Keyboard)
Up - Stand Up
Down - Crouch
Left - Move Left
Right - Move Right
Shift (or any button) + Direction - Dive

(Mouse)
Moving Mouse - Move Hands
Left Click - Two Handed Catch
Right Click - One Handed Catch (some extra reach but less chance of holding onto the catch)
*Middle Mouse Button - Throw Off Glove to Throw at Wickets*

*Optional*

this would be great for a player lock on mode or a career player mode if you chose to be a wicket keeper!

Wicket Keeping is a big part of cricket and has been too automatic in other games, can it be given the credit it deserves in The Cricket Project?

Nice idea rob, but i would remove the bottom section for catching and throwing. That is way too complicated imo.

Yep I agree with what Drewska said. It would also be very hard for Paul to link the Fielder's hands with the mouse movement etc..

A fielding system which is similar to BLIC's would be best I think.

hondeyho said:
Yep I agree with what Drewska said. It would also be very hard for Paul to link the Fielder's hands with the mouse movement etc..

A fielding system which is similar to BLIC's would be best I think.

No, what i meant is that it's hard to press 6 keys in 2 seconds.

Cool 'n' Casual said:
From what I have heard till now, I think the game is going to be free (though I wouldn't mind paying for it). Am I wrong?
It hasn't been decided, although if it is to be non-free then the price will be low

Yep, LM is being philanthropic in saying that any cost will be low.

Um...now I think it should be used to change the field placings.

What else?

Let me think...maybe a mode where you choose where you want to land your front foot when you bowl...it will reduce your pace partially but also how many no balls you bowl

Users who are viewing this thread