Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Would it be possible to have the camera show the commentators in between the game occasionally like it happens in real life?
And like it happens in real cricket, will the light pen be used sometimes to show the location of fielders, etc.? This has been implemented in EA Sports FIFA 2005.

Cool 'n' Casual said:
Would it be possible to have the camera show the commentators in between the game occasionally like it happens in real life?
And like it happens in real cricket, will the light pen be used sometimes to show the location of fielders, etc.? This has been implemented in EA Sports FIFA 2005.
I think that could be possible, and drawing on the screen would make a nice addition to the highlights thing

Will this be in the game the option to.....

Well show whats on the screen on the stadium big screen. like in ea cricket 2002

No, I dont agree because an event in loading time will makeloading time much greater, maybe a coaching screen like that in Cricket 2005 but better and like Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 where you can choose (once its finished loading) when u go to the match or if u wanna keep reading the screen

Hardie123123 said:
if anyone watched cricket am when the games loading you can see willow and stumpy showing how the balls amde and lbws etc
Personally, I don't think that 'Willow & Stumpy' should be included in this game because its target audience is fans who will probably understand the rules and regulations.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to read all these replies, so if something is repeated here, please forgive me...

I've been playing cricket games since ever I can remember and I'll be honest that the most disappointing has always been bowling... We need to create a new bowling system all together!

In fact the only game that made sense in the bowling department was Ian Botham's cricket (that was what it was called here)

You see batting is about timing(especially reaction time) and no batsman
knows where the ball is gonna bounce before it is bowled... So my suggestion is as follows:

The bowler has a cursor of some sort moving from left to right on the batsman's popping crease, the worse the bowler, the faster this icon moves, the better the bowler, the slower! once the button is pushed, this cursor will stop( this will be th line of the delivery ) the batsman now starts his run up. Once he reaches bowling point, press and hold the correct key and a bounce meter appears ( the longer you hold it, the shorter the ball will be pitched ) hence you will only know moment before the shot is played what shot to choose, as you only know the location of the pitched ball right at the last second!! Bowling will be a lot more intense, and reaction time for batsman shortened considerably!!

Also by doing this, no-balls become more in the game, as releasing the bounce meter too late will result in the bowler over stepping( refer Ian Bothams cricket )

Maybe its too late already, but thats my suggestion...

Thanks

Dont no if levels of hardness have been mentioned but mayeb you should have these

Easy
Medium
Hard
Extra Hard

With extra hard make it that you dont see a bowling cursor so its hard and you dont no where the ball will land (just like realistic cricket)

OpeningBat said:
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to read all these replies, so if something is repeated here, please forgive me...

I've been playing cricket games since ever I can remember and I'll be honest that the most disappointing has always been bowling... We need to create a new bowling system all together!

In fact the only game that made sense in the bowling department was Ian Botham's cricket (that was what it was called here)

You see batting is about timing(especially reaction time) and no batsman
knows where the ball is gonna bounce before it is bowled... So my suggestion is as follows:

The bowler has a cursor of some sort moving from left to right on the batsman's popping crease, the worse the bowler, the faster this icon moves, the better the bowler, the slower! once the button is pushed, this cursor will stop( this will be th line of the delivery ) the batsman now starts his run up. Once he reaches bowling point, press and hold the correct key and a bounce meter appears ( the longer you hold it, the shorter the ball will be pitched ) hence you will only know moment before the shot is played what shot to choose, as you only know the location of the pitched ball right at the last second!! Bowling will be a lot more intense, and reaction time for batsman shortened considerably!!

Also by doing this, no-balls become more in the game, as releasing the bounce meter too late will result in the bowler over stepping( refer Ian Bothams cricket )

Maybe its too late already, but thats my suggestion...

Thanks

I agree Ian Botham Cricket (from what ppl said) had a good system...we must find all thats wrong with it and make it better...because something wrong must have made it lost in the ages.

Brett_Lee said:
Dont no if levels of hardness have been mentioned but mayeb you should have these

Easy
Medium
Hard
Extra Hard

With extra hard make it that you dont see a bowling cursor so its hard and you dont no where the ball will land (just like realistic cricket)
I think there should be 1 difficulty level - Realistic. Its too easy to get stuck on one level and never move up and improve. Also AI patchers could create harder or easier patches.

I think game sliders will be the best, so each player can decide his own level of difficulty

Different level of hardness give more variety to the game

Hero said:
Different level of hardness give more variety to the game

true, and all people use varying diff levels to suit them.

I think there should be 1 difficulty level - Realistic. Its too easy to get stuck on one level and never move up and improve.

The 2nd side of the fixed difficulty coin.

However, it has been overcome in varied games.They continously evalute and adjust hardness levels, automatically.

If LM can incorporate auto hardness, it would be best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread