Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

1. Could you make it so that you can buy new bats for the batsmen or any type of equipment using the money from winning matches this would be great.
2. Could you make so that the batsmen has a confidence level determined by the #of balls,sixes,fours, and runs he has?

it would take more than a ground creation mode to make a local ground.
and perhaps if LM allows us to use existing images and models to make a new ground, then their is hardly any need of it.

Yep, that was a half baked idea.

But this one is simple but good.

Something called, bouncer control and to extend, yorker control and good length control

It works like this: Most bowlers can bowl a ball infinately short ball which is so short it is on the way down when it reaches the batsman, this way it is unaffectave and hard to hit a perfect bouncer length.

However, with bouncer control, the marker slows significently near perfect bouncer length giving the user a better idea of where to pitch it to bowl a bouncer...people like Harmison, Flintoff and others can do this.

There is a yorker control too, it works much like the bouncer control (preventing full tosses and beamers this time,) but this does not happen all the time, maybe only when the bowler has a special ball.

Less than five people on the whole international scene can have a good length control, it works much the same as the bouncer and yorker control, this is earned with consistant bowling and only lasts 4 overs or less, because it is hugely effective, as Mcgrath shows.

Quibble said:
1. Could you make it so that you can buy new bats for the batsmen or any type of equipment using the money from winning matches this would be great.
2. Could you make so that the batsmen has a confidence level determined by the #of balls,sixes,fours, and runs he has?

Welcome to the forum, I advise you read the rules and go to www.thecricketproject.com for more info about this project.

Now, onto your ideas:

1. Yep, this would be good for create-a-player mode.

2. I think this may be included, its a good idea.

PS. You're right Duff this is an impeccable post

Last edited:
The fiedling postions should be editable like PES, that is there is a default position and then we can move the fielders all over the field if we want . Just have a look at the formation settings in PES. Please have a look guys

You're probably going to dismiss this as a suggestion but could you please make some fielders dive head leading to stop balls on the boundary when the fielder is going to cut them off.

Because I do this (no coordination - like panesar) and I would really appreciate it.

TRAINING MODES FOR CAREER PLAYER MODE

Weight lifting

-Give spinners more bounce and better quicker ball
-Pacers more bounce and pace
-Allow batsman to hit ball harder
-Harder throws for fielders

-May reduce spin for spinners
-Pacers may lose accuracy or have a no-ball problem
-Batsman may sky ground shots often
-Keepers may react slower

Lose weight - nullifies weight lifting

-Less no balls for pacers
-Faster running between wickets
-May lead to increase in pace for quick bowlers (quicker run-up)
-Better reflexes (ability to play swing, yorkers, bouncers)
-Better diving in keeping and fielding

-May lead to decrease in pace for quick bowlers (less strength)
-Batsman may not be able to hit as many sixes

Technique training

-Increase in spin for spinners
-Increase in cut and swing for pacers
-Better stroke play in batsman
-Better catching for fielders and wicketkeepers
-Possible increase in delivery selection in spinners
-Possible better diving whilst running between wickets

-Possible loss of pace in pacers
-Possible loss of bounce in spinners

Specific training sessions

Driving shots

-Better drives
-May decrease ability in cross bat shots

Cross bat shots

-Increase ability in cross bat shots
-Worse drives

Evasion techniques (batting)

-Will increase ability to evade bouncers
-Make liable to slower balls

Catching

-Catching
-Takes much practice for any noticeable effect

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Will post more later

Last edited:
Nice work manee!

A while ago i suggested a few ideas on Career, Franchise and Umpire mode. i Would like to extend them in this post.

I will start off with Franchise mode!

Franchise mode is where you manage the team. My ideas....

You keep in contact with ICC about scheduale
You get regular emails on how your players are if they are injured
You get emails from fans
You go on different tours and if your players get injured you get to pick based on the seasons of Domestic running at the same time.
You train the team choose different drills for them
You pick squads, teams for different tours
You can choose how many years it goes for whether its 5 or 20.
You can check the rankings for players and teams etc
You can integrate it into your career mode player so its a conbination or you just can play Career mode or franchise mode itself. If you do that you have to manage your player and your team.
You get interviewd by the media
You can choose tours you play but regular series eg The Ashes occur wen they occur and you can choose the 3rd team in the vb series eg New Zealand.
You get emails from different sponsors eg Adidas
IF POSSIBLE.. You can choose what your jersey is going to look like

I will do more on my other two suggestions on this post http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=342634&postcount=452
On umpire mode and Career mode later

In all honesty, I believe that a career mode may happen, but a franchaise or umpire mode wont because its kind of like a seperate game, whilst career mode are minor additions to the original game engine.

Although I do like your franchise mode suggestions

hmm... although what manee listed would make the game realistic, but after some time, it would just become something like"going through the paces".u know, just go into the training room, and press a couple of buttons for a lengthy period, and them walk off.
I games which had something like this, I simply used to call my bro, tell him what combo to press, for how long.and gave him a chocolate later :p

however, it would be better if these attributes are developed in the game, like playing off side shots increase your placement and power in off side strokes.playing six hit shot s increase your raw power, running singles increases your sprinting ability and lots more...

This would be a good idea. But would require much data storage, everytime a shot is played or a run, run.

My system is different to other games, in that there are negatives that may occur from doing too much.

They may also be fun too.

Heres examples

Weight lifting - you have to type a randomly generated word as fast as possible. And there is a chance of dropping the weight if the word is done incorrectly or too slowly.

Losing weight - You can be on a treadmill and do simple button combos. Or do athletics events like triple jump...etc...

Technique training - Fun games like placing fingers on the ball and trying different grips. Placing the ball further and closer in your hand. For pacers, you have to control sprinting, time of jump and release. And for spinners, you control the motion of the hand.

Catching - You could move the hands with the:

Left hand: Up - W, Left - A, Down - X, Right - D, Grab - S.
Right hand: Up - I, Left - J, Down - M, Right - L, Grab - K

If added to the game is could be great fun added to what Im sure will be a perfect game. If not added, I understand it is a very complicated system just added to the mammoth weight on LM's shoulders already.

but, would it be fun? It would become repetitive after a while.It would be much better if improvements are based on how we play the game.

manee said:
TRAINING MODES FOR CAREER PLAYER MODE

Weight lifting

-Give spinners more bounce and better quicker ball
-Pacers more bounce and pace
-Allow batsman to hit ball harder
-Harder throws for fielders

-May reduce spin for spinners
-Pacers may lose accuracy or have a no-ball problem
-Batsman may sky ground shots often
-Keepers may react slower

Lose weight - nullifies weight lifting

-Less no balls for pacers
-Faster running between wickets
-May lead to increase in pace for quick bowlers (quicker run-up)
-Better reflexes (ability to play swing, yorkers, bouncers)
-Better diving in keeping and fielding

-May lead to decrease in pace for quick bowlers (less strength)
-Batsman may not be able to hit as many sixes

Technique training

-Increase in spin for spinners
-Increase in cut and swing for pacers
-Better stroke play in batsman
-Better catching for fielders and wicketkeepers
-Possible increase in delivery selection in spinners
-Possible better diving whilst running between wickets

-Possible loss of pace in pacers
-Possible loss of bounce in spinners

Specific training sessions

Driving shots

-Better drives
-May decrease ability in cross bat shots

Cross bat shots

-Increase ability in cross bat shots
-Worse drives

Evasion techniques (batting)

-Will increase ability to evade bouncers
-Make liable to slower balls

Catching

-Catching
-Takes much practice for any noticeable effect

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Will post more later

Manee what your suggesting seems more suitable for Indian Cricket Career rather than TCP. And as Blackleopard says, it will add a lot to do for the player, making the game less intuitive.

Users who are viewing this thread