Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

IDEA - in the loading screen we should have mini-pros of legends along with pics and stuff, not very effective but thats the best loading screen i can think of, along with controls

ziad123_2005 said:
IDEA - in the loading screen we should have mini-pros of legends along with pics and stuff, not very effective but thats the best loading screen i can think of, along with controls

I like this idea. If LM does too, when my exams are over I'd be more than happy to make some - this is the sort of thing I can do to help, lacking any worthwhile skills in game production.

LM, if you're interested, please PM me and I'll produce a couple of samples for you.

I think a rule should be made regarding this, which is as follows:

NO copy-pasting from cricinfo/wisden or wikipedia...

Ritwik said:

yep, no broadcasting that we copied form cricinfo/wisden or wikipedia.

Ritwik said:

Agreed, I wasn't going to. Last thing I want is for TCP to get caught in a legal dispute.

I wasn't blaming you specifically, but just signalling in an oblique way to something which is becoming a massive problem.

hey, wait a minute.Isn't wikipedia under GNU?

take a look at wiki's policies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights

this is the intro:
The license Wikipedia uses grants free access to our content in the same sense as free software is licensed freely. This principle is known as copyleft. That is to say, Wikipedia content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the Wikipedia article used (a direct link back to the article satisfies our author credit requirement). Wikipedia articles therefore will remain free forever and can be used by anybody subject to certain restrictions, most of which serve to ensure that freedom.

To fulfill the above goals, the text contained in Wikipedia is licensed to the public under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). The full text of this license is at Wikipedia:Text of the GNU Free Documentation License.

moreover:
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts.
A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".
Content on Wikipedia is covered by disclaimers.

and:
IMPORTANT: If you want to use content from Wikipedia, first read the Users' rights and obligations section. You should then read the GNU Free Documentation License.

specifically, take a look at this sentence:
Wikipedia content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the Wikipedia article used (a direct link back to the article satisfies our author credit requirement).
this means a thanks to wiki, a list of authors in credits can do the job.

yeah, but what is the issue in writing a couple of lines yourself ? Everyone would like a fresh perspective, otherwise why have the write-ups at all ?

Ritwik said:
yeah, but what is the issue in writing a couple of lines yourself ? Everyone would like a fresh perspective, otherwise why have the write-ups at all ?
What I mean is that we can always have refrence of wiki, and wouldn't have to faqce copyright issues,which u said.

I know this will be extra work and is not necessary but for special catches like diving up, or jumping forward in the slips(...etc...) only a few people can do it.

AND for stupendous diving catches only 4 or 5 can take those catches and only 10-20 can pull off a stop when the ball is hit there.

Hope it can b implemented

Manee

blackleopard92 said:
What I mean is that we can always have refrence of wiki, and wouldn't have to faqce copyright issues,which u said.
Use it as a reference sure, same goes with any site, just reword text instead of copying slabs of it, the wording used on encyclopedias is not the sort of language to go into a game anyway. As for stats, we should credit the sites we get them from in the game, which should be enough to avoid legal problems.

well i guess you guys really liked my idea and would offer great help there. If someone is still unsure about what im talking about then if u hav played Ea Sports NBA Street V3 and seen its loading screens you would know what im talkin about.

Basically, a loading bar at the bottom, a pic of a legend taking the right half side and the other half for the years played along with a sentence or 2 about him.

I know its a long shot but what about a simple create a ground mode.

With features like:

Fencing

Where the pitches are

Pavillion

Scorebox

Trees

Users who are viewing this thread