Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

If you go for a big drive off the front foot, paticularly with a tail ender, sometimes the player shud drag their backfoot forward out of the crease, giving a stumping chance off medium pacers and spinners if they miss the ball.

slade said:
If you go for a big drive off the front foot, paticularly with a tail ender, sometimes the player shud drag their backfoot forward out of the crease, giving a stumping chance off medium pacers and spinners if they miss the ball.
it should be a part of animation, and game can be programmed to be aware of it.
so LM, with a great mind he has, could have implemented it. ;)

Yeah that would be a very nice touch, adding a new element of strategy to the game, because currently its almost impossible to get stumped in cricket games.

BL was correct, it will be part of the animations...so if you do find yourself out of your crease then yes, you could be stumped. But i think you would only end up outside your crease if you either charged or set your initial guard to be out of the crease or very advanced.

legend_master said:
BL was correct, it will be part of the animations...so if you do find yourself out of your crease then yes, you could be stumped. But i think you would only end up outside your crease if you either charged or set your initial guard to be out of the crease or very advanced.

Really? Setting guard outside of crease?? This is truly amazing! No other game would even think further thank being glued to the crease!

"I'd like 2 leg please, pitch is playing a little slow, I need the ball to come on, 2 foot outside my crease!!!"LOL :p

Really? Setting guard outside of crease?? This is truly amazing! No other game would even think further thank being glued to the crease!

Not really true. In cricket 97 you could take guard about half-way down the pitch (yeah its true!).

Ritwik said:
Not really true. In cricket 97 you could take guard about half-way down the pitch (yeah its true!).
and in c2000.u could get down half way up the pitch.
and any bowl would become no ball when u reach the max, was very funny :)

good to hear stumpings were part of the game, but i meant a stumping off where the batsman doesnt charge the bowler as such but tries to drive very powerfully straight or to extra cover. Generally the momentum would take you just out of your crease and it would be touch and go if you managed to get your backfoot into the crease. The stumping chance offered would be difficult and most of time the batsman would slide their back foot back into the crease but sometimes they wouldnt be able to in time and would be out.

That would be nice...however...if implemented horribly like EA Cricket 2005...then Id rather not have it

Ritwik said:

really? I dont remember that...i know you could "advance" down the pitch but not set a 'default guard' halfway down the pitch...?

legend_master said:
really? I dont remember that...i know you could "advance" down the pitch but not set a 'default guard' halfway down the pitch...?

it was actually vigirous moving of mouse to advance so early that it looks like a guard.

there was no "default guard ".Not that I know of.

slade said:
good to hear stumpings were part of the game, but i meant a stumping off where the batsman doesnt charge the bowler as such but tries to drive very powerfully straight or to extra cover. Generally the momentum would take you just out of your crease and it would be touch and go if you managed to get your backfoot into the crease. The stumping chance offered would be difficult and most of time the batsman would slide their back foot back into the crease but sometimes they wouldnt be able to in time and would be out.

hmm..this will be a bit hard to explain but here goes...

with each animation there is some 'built in' momentum of a fixed amount depending on stroke, so if you were slightly advanced with your guard then momentum could carry you slightly outside your crease, but the built in momentum is pretty small compared to charging/advancing down the wicket, obviously...

How about a story maker for the stories...kind of like what photoshop offers but only the features needed for a cricket story...

Bit far fetched but could be good

Manee

manee said:
How about a story maker for the stories...kind of like what photoshop offers but only the features needed for a cricket story...

Bit far fetched but could be good

Manee

Thats a great idea. You take a screenshot, can crop off bits you don't want and add some text, then give it a sensible filename (damn you fraps). Would be a great addition to the game, if LM could do it.

Users who are viewing this thread