Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

good idea. i think blic did that but they showed the ball marker a little early. but EA....

holmie said:
good idea. i think blic did that but they showed the ball marker a little early. but EA....

Absolutely. I will have an option, so you can have it appear early, late or not at all.

ziad123_2005 said:
i would absolutely adore the idea of a mode where u cannot see where the ball is going to be pitched :)

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this! It was used like that before, with no cursor on a difficult level, and it's impossible to choose the shot at all, because of the time allowed!

My early suggestion for a bowling engine in my view is still the answer to this!

Here it is again:

a cursor runs from left to right on the popping crease of the batsman...(this will indicate the line of the delivery)and I think the worse the bowler, the faster this indicator moves!!

once a line is chosen by the bowler(pressing an appropriate action key) he'll start his run up to the crease...

As he reaches the bowling crease, the action button is pressed and held for the amount of bounce you require(this will be the length of the ball)

(and NO BALLS can be properly introduced into the game(press the button too late, you will see the bowler overstep!!))

Now the batsman has a short, but good enough time to know exactly(almost exactly)where the ball is gonna pitch...

Hence reaction time is shortened(as in real cricket)and knowing where the ball pitches long before the ball is bowled is eradicated!

This was used (very succesfully in my view) in Ian Botham's cricket in the early '90's (what made the game cr@p was the fact that you hit every ball for 6, very unrealistically!!)

Believe me when I say, this will be the closest to simulation as we can get!
I've asked LM once to consider, but unfortunately, I didn't receive a reply... But ultimately, if anyway else works, I'm still gonna play this game!!!!!!!
:cool:

OpeningBat said:
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this! It was used like that before, with no cursor on a difficult level, and it's impossible to choose the shot at all, because of the time allowed!

My early suggestion for a bowling engine in my view is still the answer to this!

Here it is again:

a cursor runs from left to right on the popping crease of the batsman...(this will indicate the line of the delivery)and I think the worse the bowler, the faster this indicator moves!!

once a line is chosen by the bowler(pressing an appropriate action key) he'll start his run up to the crease...

As he reaches the bowling crease, the action button is pressed and held for the amount of bounce you require(this will be the length of the ball)

(and NO BALLS can be properly introduced into the game(press the button too late, you will see the bowler overstep!!))

Now the batsman has a short, but good enough time to know exactly(almost exactly)where the ball is gonna pitch...

Hence reaction time is shortened(as in real cricket)and knowing where the ball pitches long before the ball is bowled is eradicated!

This was used (very succesfully in my view) in Ian Botham's cricket in the early '90's (what made the game cr@p was the fact that you hit every ball for 6, very unrealistically!!)

I've asked LM once to consider, but unfortunately, I didn't receive a reply... But ultimately, if anyway else works, I'm still gonna play this game!!!!!!!

well i think LM has already developed a bowling in-game HUD. But having a mode with no marker does not mean you do not have a mode with a marker. Those who prefer gameplay with marker can have the option :)

OpeningBat said:

Here it is again:

I have to agree with you , Ian Botham in the 80's it was , had the best bowing system I have ever seen. The thing was you could move the arrow right and left till the last minute so u could change ur line, pressing up and down changed the delivery you were going to bowl, and how long u pressed the action button decided the lenght of the ball.

NO system has ever come close to that system, believe me it was by far the best system ever. The bolwing speed was perfect the turn was realstic and pitch conditions were very realy. bowling was aweomse in that game , but batting sucked so much it took everything out.

ziad123_2005 said:
well i think LM has already developed a bowling in-game HUD.

I kinda figured that, but my suggestion was made before he started with bowling... althouogh, this is besides the fact, I was just making a kinda wishlist for bowling!

Can't believe Ian Botham was as far back as the late '80's... and we've never had anybody try replicate it???? This strikes me as highly peculiar, because I've always believed it to be the best bowling system...

and from a batting point of view, reaction time is to me of the utmost importance!!! I've never liked the idea of knowing where the ball is gonna pitch before it is bowled,.. especially with a cursor :( Sorry LM, but this would be my only disappointment which I would have with an already unbelievable looking game!

But in spite of that negative comment, I know I'll still play this one, "from the fans,for the fans" instead of the heavyweights lame attempt at the beautiful game!

:cheers So keep up the good work LM!

:hpraise you've done what some can only dream( i.e ME )

"Wish/Suggestion"
A real life weather forcast 'weather option' would be a cool feature.

Jdz said:
"Wish/Suggestion"
A real life weather forcast 'weather option' would be a cool feature.

What so what ever the weather is like at the present time in London if you are playing at Lord's, that's what the weather would be like?

This may have been suggested before, but what about boundary music? Or music when a batsman gets out?

Hardie123123 said:
most likely in 20/20

And also boundary music is appearing a lot in ODI's. I can't imagine India,Bangladesh or Pakistan have boundary music but other countries do.

I've had this idea with the batting:

I think you could have 3 modes of batting, that you could change in the menu or with the keyboard. A defensive mode where the shots you play have very little risk and along the ground. A normal mode where shots are a bit more risky, but no big slogs, so you can score runs without being too aggresive. An attacking mode where you play aggresive in the air shots, such as hoiks behind square and big cross bat smashes over long-on.

:)

Good idea but LM has done all of the shots hasnt he?

GrayNicolls said:
And also boundary music is appearing a lot in ODI's. I can't imagine India,Bangladesh or Pakistan have boundary music but other countries do.

The Gadaffi Stadium Lahore and the National Stadium Karachi in Pakistan both have boundary music. Im not sure if they use it in One Day Internationals but its always there in 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread