Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Improved running between the wickets - not just a "Run" button and a "Go back" button, but a "Waiting" button as well. This is what annoys me in Cricket 2005, you play a shot and press the run button automatically (a habit I picked up from Cricket 2004) and often get run out.

It would work like this -

1. Play a shot
2. Press the "Waiting" button. The batsman takes a few paces out of the crease.
3. If there is a run there, press the run button and the batsmen will run. If there isn't, don't press anything and the batsmen will automatically return to the crease after a few seconds.

FreddieFan said:
Improved running between the wickets - not just a "Run" button and a "Go back" button, but a "Waiting" button as well. This is what annoys me in Cricket 2005, you play a shot and press the run button automatically (a habit I picked up from Cricket 2004) and often get run out.

1. Play a shot
3. If there is a run there, press the run button and the batsmen will run. If there isn't, don't press anything and the batsmen will automatically return to the crease after a few seconds.
your idea is right,but don't you think,too many keystrokes will increase the complexity?? :onpc

cricket doctor said:
don't you think,too many keystrokes will increase the complexity?? :onpc

I think too many keystrokes will make it too complicated, but I don't think my idea requires too many.

Madman said:
Billy Bowdens bent finger should be there
you should have an option before the game of "Perfect Umpiring" where every decision is spot on or "Realistic Umpiring" where mistakes can happen
Also there should be quite a long wait before making a 3rd umpire decisions
there should be an animated big screen displaying OUT or NOT OUT like in the Ashes
A working scoreboard in the ground that displays runs, wickets etc..
Said before but Smashable Windows would add a lot of realism, especially if you can play in a club with the car park right next to the pitch :)
Street Cricket (not really needed but would be funny)
Kwik Cricket (would be a really fun addition, especially with real professianal players using blue bats. great if you only wanted a short burst of fun in a game instead of a long test match or one day game)
good entrance scenes and celebrations
real trophys for tournaments
bat weights make a difference
no fielders bumping into each other or running through each other
no unrealistic fielding (e.g. ball coming through legs then picking up, players should use the long barrier and other techniques)
fielding injuries
giles wearing sunglasses while bowling sometimes
online multiplayer divided into servers (UK, Australia etc...) to decrease lag
pitch condition changes (rain dampens the pitch so the outfield will slow down and the wicket will become damp, and sunny weather dries and cracks the pitch and speeds up the outfield)
Rain in tests and one days
Bad Weather more likely in UK than Australia
redefinable controls and game controller compatible
Cricketer Mode (i explained before but got ignored, look for the post)
Ashes Mode (past and present ashes series)
People in crowd trying to catch a big six
easy accesible menus to get to what you want
you can see the captain and players watching on the balcony of the stadium (especially when near a win, celebrating,or tense moments)

you wanna do all of this yourself, cmon he cant do everything simple it down :happy :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :crying :p :mad: :cheers :help :boxing :clap :hpraise

Could you have a way in which, instead of seeing which way the ball spins you see the bowler's hands instead, and then have to judge the delivery's spin?

prarara said:
Could you have a way in which, instead of seeing which way the ball spins you see the bowler's hands instead, and then have to judge the delivery's spin?
Very-2 difficult I guess. :noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFan

1. Play a shot

your idea is right,but don't you think,too many keystrokes will increase the complexity??

Perhaps, to simplify this, the batsmen, when hitting an attacking stroke, would automatically take several steps out of the crease, and if no further button is pressed, will return to the crease without risk of run-out (unless perhaps when playing an advance shot which cannons into silly point for instance). A suggestion, that.

i would like to se the abbility of being able to continue a run after hitting the go back button. in cricket games up to now if you miss judge a run and go back when you could of made the run as soon as you run back you have to wait untill they get back to the crease and come to halt before you can set off for the run again. i would like to see the abbility to hit the run button again so you can continue the run straight away rather than have to run back first, this would also allow realistic mixups.

no_remorse28 said:
i would like to se the abbility of being able to continue a run after hitting the go back button. in cricket games up to now if you miss judge a run and go back when you could of made the run as soon as you run back you have to wait untill they get back to the crease and come to halt before you can set off for the run again. i would like to see the abbility to hit the run button again so you can continue the run straight away rather than have to run back first, this would also allow realistic mixups.
good point. :)

Have an option to "Autoplay to created player" or "Autoplay to Batsman X" and Scenarios like "Take team X From bottom place in the County Championship and save them from relegation", that sorta thing

Users who are viewing this thread