Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Homer - your (1) and (3) are already confirmed as in :cool: . Point (2) will be considered.

LM

i would love to see different animation of slip catching. different low catches, and different high catches. that would make it more realistic L.M.

You might want to have a option of radar to be off. the bowling radar as if in real cricket, you don't know where the bowl is going to pitch, that's only work when human is batting with computer.

I would love to something similar to BLIC feilding, i really like to concept of the feilding in BLIC. Not thoroughly but stil it works well. so something like that would make this game more interesting.

FreddieFan said:
I don't think it would make it that difficult. Just because they can't bat doesn't mean they cant see :D

Anyway, the trouble with cricket games is realistic dismissels. If you are told which way its going to turn, it takes out a method of dismissel which is quite common in cricket.

Another solution would maybe be slight variation in the bowlers action? Not onvious, but enough to spot the difference.

Ok, guys, you're missing the point a bit...the idea is not to tell the player exactly what the ball is going to do - no-one can ever know 100% - it is more of a visual indicator simulating what the batsman sees - in real life you can see the ball closely and tell what it is doing...that is hard to simulate in a cricket game on the PC....but what Freddie says is right, just becuase they are a minnow doesn't mean that they can't see the ball...a minnow can still be good at reading the spin...the stat determines the chance of them reading it correctly or not...chances are McGrath wouldn't know too often how it's gonna spin, so he may have a lower rating for this - e.g. he may 'fail his stat' and interpret the spin as going to the off side but in fact it's a wrong 'un and goes to the leg side - this would have the effect of him playing the wrong shot and looking like a goose - which i think is kinda cool.....how about this - i have another idea....i could put up a 3d ball icon on the top of the screen (ball icon would be from batsman's 1st person point of view) that actually spins how the ball is really spinning ? (as it would spin in real life) - so anyone who knows what a spinning leg break looks like would know that it is a leg break, however as in real life this is oftern disguised with good bowling, so again this icon could not always be trusted ;) I hate knowing 100% where it is going to spin cos it does make it too easy and unrealistic...there has to be an element of unpredictability - especially from good spin bowlers.

comments please :)

- Madman, if you play against the spin it will affect the outcome of the shot. Regarding special deliveries, i'm not having any of that mumbo jumbo ;) deliveries will be available to bowlers depending on stats - if a bowler has zero for a delivery type then it is not available to them to bowl - anything over zero and that delivery is available, but how well it can be bowled is based on the actual stat rating itself. So a bowler that can bowl flippers but only has a stat of 10/100 will be really crap at it and will most likely be punished more often than not for bowling it.

LM

LM

legend_master said:
i have another idea....i could put up a 3d ball icon on the top of the screen (ball icon would be from batsman's 1st person point of view) that actually spins how the ball is really spinning ? (as it would spin in real life) - so anyone who knows what a spinning leg break looks like would know that it is a leg break, however as in real life this is oftern disguised with good bowling, so again this icon could not always be trusted ;) I hate knowing 100% where it is going to spin cos it does make it too easy and unrealistic...there has to be an element of unpredictability - especially from good spin bowlers.

LM

i think thw first idea is better L.M. unpredictablly is definitly needed to make the game more interesting. in real life batsman won't know very well what has been bowled so i think you should stick with it.

L.M. an animation of bowler showing frustration while catch has been dropped would be nice. i am not sayin a cut scene but straight as he finish his follow through he shows his frustration of catch being dropped.

Last edited:
Madman said:
legend_master, what i mean is, In real cricket nobody can bowl 90mph+ all the time (not even Brett Lee) so you could have a delivery called "Extra Fast Delivery" which is 90mph+ but takes lots of Stamina which shortens the bowlers spell.
Not like BLIC's special deliveries where they place theirselves, you actually control it.
Its not really a "Special Delivery", its just one that takes more stamina.

After saying all that, will a Stamina bar be there?
thats a really good idea!

L.M something like pitch running warning would be nice. after 2 time third player is not allowed to bowl, that is a huge factor in the game of cricket these days. please consider this.

Will we be able to play this game with a ps2 controler on the pc with a adapter thing, also can u give us a hint of how long to its finished :upray

PS2 controller - if it's supported on PC then yes

release - hard to say - i'm hoping for before Chrissy 06 but a'm not making any commitment on the date just yet

LM

another suggestion.... dont know if it has already been posted

people like tendulkar can bowl medium, leg , off etc. so if we select part-time bowlers, there should be an option to choose whether we want to bowl leg / off / medium etc.....:)

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
i am pleased to announce that the ball will go into the stadium - the stadium will be 3D(not a 2d backdrop) and the ball will go into it realistically and 'disappear' into the crowd...but it wont disappear when it hits an invisible wall, it will disappear inside wherever it goes, e.g. several tiers back

LM

jk16_4 said:
another suggestion.... dont know if it has already been posted

people like tendulkar can bowl medium, leg , off etc. so if we select part-time bowlers, there should be an option to choose whether we want to bowl leg / off / medium etc.....:)

Yep, you are right JK, this should definately be an option...

LM

legend_master said:
i am pleased to announce that the ball will go into the stadium - the stadium will be 3D(not a 2d backdrop) and the ball will go into it realistically and 'disappear' into the crowd...but it wont disappear when it hits an invisible wall, it will disappear inside wherever it goes, e.g. several tiers back

LM

good to hear this L.M. your dedication and effort should be appriciated mate. keep it up L.M. good luck

Last edited:
Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread