Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Madman said:
thats great about the stadium, got annoying in Cricket 2004 when it went through it!
Also when you hit a six can you make it viewable until the ball stops before the umpire signal and replay because i like to see my six fly! :) lol, BLIC really got on my nerves because when you hit a big six you cant watch it fly into the crowd or out of the stadium that would be cool! (and an option to replay the last delivery from any camera angle and then save the replay if you want)

yes, i also luv to see it fly...yes, i do want to allow that type of replay option

Madman said:
and when you choose the type of bowling for a bowler will it be for most bowlers or just part-timers because i would like to create a player like me who can bowl Off Break, Leg Break and Medium Fast just as well as each other. (and changeable bowling style mid-over via the pause menu)

good idea...i think it should be for any bowler...

Madman said:
Will players be different heights (and measured in cm or ft and not "Type 1" or "Type 2")
Will the A.I respond to run rates and play differently in Test Matches and 4-day matches from what they do in the One Day matches

they will be different heights (in cms) and AI will respond properly based on the match situation - on a large strategic view and a tactical view...it's important that the AI plays tactically different for a test to a ODI

LM

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
they will be different heights (in cms) and AI will respond properly based on the match situation - on a large strategic view and a tactical view...it's important that the AI plays tactically different for a test to a ODI

LM

I don't know anything in coding, but it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Break an ODI into 10 parts, five overs in each.
Now set a way in which Defensive, Cautious, Steady, Attacking and Destructive players (I also though of different aggression levels :), ok fine I stole Battrick's...) play in the different five-over sections. That is, would they prefer to play lofted shots or ground shots. There can be several commands, not one as in C2K4. That is, If they are one wicket down after 25 overs (5 sections) or 7 wickets down, they wont bat the same way. This is for when they bat first.
Now when they bat second, basically their aggression will depend on the RRR. If its 5+, they will be more aggressive, and if it is >3, play it safely. Again, there will be several different alternatives based on number of wickets lost.
Now there can be a few overrides:

1) If the batsman is destructive, example Afridi, even if he RRR is >3, he won't resist a half volley on the stumps. that is, they play according to their styles. If the ball is there to be hit, they will resist, but their natural game will still shine through. Similalry, you cannot tempt a Defensive batsman no matter how much you try.

2)A tailender/lower order batsman main goal is usually survival. So even in the slog overs (last 10), if there is one wicket left, they probably will play their shots in the last 2-3 overs.

Combine this with your batting meter, chaos zones, and stamina for bowlers, and you will have a wonderful game!

Last edited:
ZoraxDoom said:

Now set a way in which Defensive, Cautious, Steady, Attacking and Destructive players (I also though of different aggression levels :), ok fine I stole Battrick's...) play in the different five-over sections. That is, would they prefer to play lofted shots or ground shots. There can be several commands, not one as in C2K4. That is, If they are one wicket down after 25 overs (5 sections) or 7 wickets down, they wont bat the same way. This is for when they bat first.
Now when they bat second, basically their aggression will depend on the RRR. If its 5+, they will be more aggressive, and if it is >3, play it safely. Again, there will be several different alternatives based on number of wickets lost.

1) If the batsman is destructive, example Afridi, even if he RRR is >3, he won't resist a half volley on the stumps. that is, they play according to their styles. If the ball is there to be hit, they will resist, but their natural game will still shine through. Similalry, you cannot tempt a Defensive batsman no matter how much you try.

2)A tailender/lower order batsman main goal is usually survival. So even in the slog overs (last 10), if there is one wicket left, they probably will play their shots in the last 2-3 overs.

Combine this with your batting meter, chaos zones, and stamina for bowlers, and you will have a wonderful game!
Brilliant interpretation Zorax.

Nah, then people will aim for it too much. Besides, different batsmen have different weaknesses, and they will be moving all over the crease! Can't really have one. Maybe for tests...

Hey PM, don't forget to add batsmen taking runs on over throws and miss fielding by the fieldsmen! Just wanted to remind you, that's all. Thanks!

And one more thing, I want CPU fast bowlers to bowl for last 8-10 overs not like Cricket 2005 where CPU bowlers are bowling their 10 overs in one spell and spinners are bowling in last 10 overs most of the time in ODI. Also, CPU must use the bowlers properly, like saving the best bowlers to bowl on important stage of the game, depends on the match situation. Hope you'll understand what I'm trying to point out.
:cheers

Last edited:
ZoraxDoom said:

Yeah, some very well thought ideas here...i have also put a fair bit of thought into it too and agree on all counts...i'm quite looking forward to the AI coding.

LM

Madman said:
it would be good if you could select the bowling action, consistency, weaker hand throw accuracy, power and frequency (if set to 0 they don't use weaker hand at all) , weaker hand catch ability, celebration type (mad or calm celebrations), reaction to bad decisions (complain or get on with it)

wow, this is an extreme level of detail :eek:

good suggestions tho, will definately consider them...

LM

Dhoni said:
Hey PM, don't forget to add batsmen taking runs on over throws and miss fielding by the fieldsmen! Just wanted to remind you, that's all. Thanks!

And one more thing, I want CPU fast bowlers to bowl for last 8-10 overs not like Cricket 2005 where CPU bowlers are bowling their 10 overs in one spell and spinners are bowling in last 10 overs most of the time in ODI. Also, CPU must use the bowlers properly, like saving the best bowlers to bowl on important stage of the game, depends on the match situation. Hope you'll understand what I'm trying to point out.

PM? Not yet, but does fit in with my plans for world domination lol ;)

- misfields - yep, definately

- CPU bowling - yep again, AI related - essential also.

LM

legend_master said:
Yeah, some very well thought ideas here...i have also put a fair bit of thought into it too and agree on all counts...i'm quite looking forward to the AI coding.

LM

wow, this is an extreme level of detail :eek:

good suggestions tho, will definately consider them...

LM

PM? Not yet, but does fit in with my plans for world domination lol ;)

- misfields - yep, definately

- CPU bowling - yep again, AI related - essential also.

LM

lolz....sorry about that LM! I meant to say LM not PM. lolzz...sorry 1s again.

I am really keen to have the face editing work well, cos it will be a big part of the customization....i think basically if you can use any paint program then you can get all the skin to match and look nice cos i will be supplying the templates and stuff for you to edit arms and faces etc. so there is potential to make any face you like - how good it turns out will be up to the person doing the editing ;)

um, regarding the hair...yes, there will be quite a few styles to choose from, but i'm afraid it wont be blowing in the wind ;) - not cos it's impossible, but cos it is too graphic intensive for a result that although nice, is essentially unecessary

cheers,

LM

Could u plz hav a turban like Harbhajans as one of the hair styles?

Users who are viewing this thread