Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Hmm, got a point about the confidence. But if their average is 18 and they have reached 20*, they will be a little more 'in a shell' to say, and force less strokes, etc. But reaching a fifty will give a huge boost...

Madman said:
sorry about me making lots of suggestions (probably too many)

A question about multiplayer - Will it be included in the full screen program like Pro Evo 5 or will it be from an external program like GameSpy?

I think the online option must have a chat option to organise games too
I hope the online multiplayer is good because I think it adds that extra something into a game that makes me want to play it even more, hopefully it will not have lag.

@Brett_Lee - that type of sponsorships (with phones, e-mail etc..) would be good but how would you earn and use the money?

sorry, guys, been a bit delayed in responding to these...

i can't confirm just yet but at this stage it is gonna be 'in-game', not external.

there will not be a webpage for meeting etc (not planned at this stage at least), it will be more like peer to peer over the net or lan

LM

ZoraxDoom said:
Idea for batsmen aggression:

Use their strike rates. No games do that, and are missing out. Basically, the batsmen try to score at around thir strike rate which is assigned to them. It wont be fair to label any player as aggressive or defensive, so they just bat acording to their strike rates. If a bad ball is bowled though, they will still attack it, and similarly they will try and avoid the good balls. This way you can pressurise batsmen like Afridi with tight bowling.
I also like to bring in averages+abilities. If the batsman avergaes lowly in ODIs, but has high ability (see Tharanga or Gambhir or Sehwag( or vice versa, they will play shots and bat as thier ability suggests, but they will be nervous after they have passed thier average score. So you will have to choose, whether someone like, say, Ganguly who has a high average will play or Kaif with a low average but higher ability. Probably this would be more suitable in a mangaement game...

excellent idea Zorax using the strike rates...i think i'll use this ... ;)

LM

RabbleRouser said:
Well, shouldn't they get less nervous after they reach thier average and more nervous as they approach milestones?

yes, milestones will make them more nervous, i am confirming this.

LM

Madman said:
i dont think a confidence or nervousnes bar should be there (in real life you dont have a confidence bar in your head) but confidence should be there, just not in a viewable bar thingy.

i agree, there will definately be a confidence level, but it will not be visible in any way - there are several 'hidden stats' for each player

LM

As for bowling changes:

Each bowler has a mandatory spell of 3 overs in an ODI and 5 for tests. After that, if their economy is <5 in ODIs and <3.5 in tests, they get a second spell, and so on until their economy becomes too higih/overs get up. Bowlers are marked 1-7 (or 8 or 9 or 10 depending on the number of likely bowlers). Once one becomes too expensive/tired(stamina bar), they get taken off and the one with the number after him comes on.
First they rotate through the first 5 bowlers, same for the second time, and third time around introduce number 6. In tests their is a large gap and they rotate through the first 4 first.

Wickets can also have an effect- If they get a wicket, 1 more over for ODIs(that is if they were about to be removed), and like 3 more in tests.

ZoraxDoom said:
As for bowling changes:

Each bowler has a mandatory spell of 3 overs in an ODI and 5 for tests. After that, if their economy is <5 in ODIs and <3.5 in tests, they get a second spell, and so on until their economy becomes too higih/overs get up. Bowlers are marked 1-7 (or 8 or 9 or 10 depending on the number of likely bowlers). Once one becomes too expensive/tired(stamina bar), they get taken off and the one with the number after him comes on.
First they rotate through the first 5 bowlers, same for the second time, and third time around introduce number 6. In tests their is a large gap and they rotate through the first 4 first.

Wickets can also have an effect- If they get a wicket, 1 more over for ODIs(that is if they were about to be removed), and like 3 more in tests.

not a bad idea...sounds good in theory...i did hav a few ideas of my own as well, might merge them all together....

cheers,

LM

L.M. i think short leg fielders, silly mid off are useless in cricket 2005 and BLIC. no catches taken by them they ar just their. i think we should have different animation of catches for short leg and silly mid off and silly point so that it make the game more interesting.

oh and in cricket 2005 when bowler appeals for lbw. they have two animation one for not out and one for out, and we know which one is which so it makes lbw appeal not interested. please have 3 types of animations with decision going both ways. that will make this game more exciting to play.

mohamed.

Last edited:
srk121 said:
L.M. i think short leg fielders, silly mid off are useless in cricket 2005 and BLIC. no catches taken by them they ar just their. i think we should have different animation of catches for short leg and silly mid off and silly point so that it make the game more interesting.

oh and in cricket 2005 when bowler appeals for lbw. they have two animation one for not out and one for out, and we know which one is which so it makes lbw appeal not interested. please have 3 types of animations with decision going both ways. that will make this game more exciting to play.

mohamed.

yeah you are right...they dont ever do anything??? Dont worry i'll fix that ;)

LBW's...true, must not be able to tell what will happen already - that really sux

LM

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
L.M. i was playing cricket 2005 and notice that, when a leg spinner bowls from round the wicket on leg stump just about on good length Computer batsman play same shot and get bowled. now that's where frustration comes becuase cpu keeps playing same shot to that perticular shot. please find a way to sort this problem out in this game.

Madman said:
will we be able to take runs from possible LBW appeals? that would be cool
Also, if there is a very thin edge will that sometimes be confused with the bat hitting the ground and vice versa.
Snickometer should only be used on close edge decisions and not all of them to add to the realism.
another great addition would be a "Team Management" mode where you can choose squads and line-ups before the game
if the camera followed the bowler on his run up in that would be good too
i think there should be a lot of varieties of bowling actions
when you create a player you should be able to choose their batting stance and bowling action
will you be able to create teams and not just players
it shouldnt go straight into a cut-scene really quickly after the delivery it should le it go for a few seconds i think

just to answer your questions in summary....
- runs off LBW appeals - yes, 100%
- thin edge confused - yes, 100%
- Snicko - yes, 100%
- you will be able to modify your squad / lineup before a game, ala PES soccer etc
- not so sure the camera following the bowler running in is a great idea as it tends to disorientate the batting player a bit...but i will experiment with this (in the bowling dev next section) to see if it does end up cool after all...
- bowling actions...i want to include a few, but it depends on time and other factors.. there will be several different ones at least, but do not expect every bowler to hav a different action
- create a player - yes, you will be able to choose their stance and action - 100%
- create teams - yes, 100%
- straight into cut scene - i agree, it will wait a bit....but will be 'skippable' in case people are bored of cutscenes

srk121 said:
L.M. i was playing cricket 2005 and notice that, when a leg spinner bowls from round the wicket on leg stump just about on good length Computer batsman play same shot and get bowled. now that's where frustration comes becuase cpu keeps playing same shot to that perticular shot. please find a way to sort this problem out in this game.

mate, i can guarantee right now that i wont allow this to happen...if it does then the game is a failure. That bug is (yet another) oversight by EA with the AI that totally ruins the whole bowling system. No wonder a lot of people auto-generate the bowling...how did that not get picked up in their 'testing' phase...??? The AI in TCP will be top notch if i get my way....it will use many different stats and algorithms to decide what shots to play and when based on so many differing criteria.

LM

legend_master said:
yeah you are right...they dont ever do anything??? Dont worry i'll fix that ;)

LBW's...true, must not be able to tell what will happen already - that really sux

LM

wrt to the silly point fielders and stuff, in BLIC they dont take catches but they DO stop the PC from hitting the ball in that direction, thus cancelling a shot the PC can play

Wehn creating players, have a box to type in attributed instead of EA's way of clicking the up and down arrows to change it - this takes forever.

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread