Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

duffarama said:
I will spend endless days and nights recording the commentary if I have to. Most probably, I will work on it in the upcoming school holidays. So I think there should be a new thread created so people can add their real names into so that they can appear in the game.

good idea, Duff...."make it so, number one" ;)

SP Jones said:
I think a 'slider' system would be one way to go. Say 100% (or over!) difficulty is pratically impossible (even for those who play the game more than others) and 0% being so easy even a baby could win. This way everyone could find a level where they get good, competitive games.

this is taken from the codemasters forum and i think its quite good :)

Yeah, but it would be a bit complicated to crerate 100 levels of difficulty, would it not?

Also, and I mentioned this in the commentary forum, but are you still open for more commentators? If so I'll do a couple samples.

Propmanoz said:
Yeah, but it would be a bit complicated to crerate 100 levels of difficulty, would it not?

Also, and I mentioned this in the commentary forum, but are you still open for more commentators? If so I'll do a couple samples.

He mentioned 100%,not 100 levels..

1% would mean a level right?
Otherwise there would be no need for 100%, you could have just 10-20 levels then instead of percentages.

If it were to be a complete slider, ie 1-100, there would have to be 100 different levels for the 100 different points of the slider, thats all I meant, even if those were only very subtle differences.

Hopefully this hasnt been suggested before.

Id like to see an energy meter for batsman as well,basically as they play through the innings it decreases(increases again after an interval in a Test match).

For ODI's,the energy meter for batsman can be collaborated with a power boost button,which will allow the batsman to run with full tilt ala Symonds and Hussey yesterday towards the end,but the more often they use it,the energy levels decrease.

You could also collaborate injuries with this setup.Let me know abt it Paul.

duffarama said:
I will spend endless days and nights recording the commentary if I have to. Most probably, I will work on it in the upcoming school holidays. So I think there should be a new thread created so people can add their real names into so that they can appear in the game.
I have a lot of spare time, so I may as well put it towards making this a great game, Although I will be getting a better microphone before I do any of it.

whitehornmatt said:
I have a lot of spare time, so I may as well put it towards making this a great game, Although I will be getting a better microphone before I do any of it.
Sounds good Matt. I alrealy have a good, new headset because I am a co-host of a podcast so everything is basically set up for me. I'm using a piece of software called Acoustica to record the lines. You might want to use it too unless you have another one in mind.

One thing I have in my head for awhile and I want to mention to you, LM. I would like to see the batsmen top edging the ball high in the air if it's not timed well awhile pulling the short ball and getting caught by the wicket-keeper or the bowler. That's the one thing I haven?t seen in cricket 2004-05 or BLIC. For example...just like Sachin was out in World Cup 2003 Final. And, make that top edge sometimes flying over the wicket-keeper's head for a Four.

And also I would like to see the cut shots going over the rope. For example...just like Virender Sehwag plays those cut shots in third man area of the short balls and sometimes that goes over the rope for a Sixer.

Hope You'll understand what I'm trying to say. I want these things in the game because these are the little things will make the cricket game look real.

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
One thing I have in my head for awhile and I want to mention to you, LM. I would like to see the batsmen top edging the ball high in the air if it's not timed well awhile pulling the short ball and getting caught by the wicket-keeper or the bowler. That's the one thing I haven?t seen in cricket 2004-05 or BLIC. For example...just like Sachin was out in World Cup 2003 Final. And, make that top edge sometimes flying over the wicket-keeper's head for a Four.

I like that idea. In ODI games a lot of top edges go over the WK's head. This would be good if the AI did them a lot in desperate situations.

Dhoni said:

And also I would like to see the cut shots going over the rope. For example...just like Virender Sehwag plays those cut shots in third man area of the short balls and sometimes that goes over the rope for a Sixer.

Hope You'll understand what I'm trying to say. I want these things in the game because these are the little things will make the cricket game look real.
One thing I want to see...make the slip fielders or the wicket-keeper trying to catch and having few fingers on the ball and acting as they got hurt of those top edges flying high and hard in the slips or over the wicker-keeper's head. Lolz...I know it's too much, but I like those things in the cricket game, which will make the game more real. Thanks!

It would be good if players could get 'in the zone' - when they are in complete control, unstoppable, like McGraths spell at Lords or Pietersen's innings at The Oval. I've tried and failed to think of a way to decide who gets into the zone, and when - does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I would like to see a 'stand-up-and-be-counted-ability' rating. The england team of recent years, if they get into trouble, there's always someone to drag them out again, and this rating would be how likely it is for given player to rescue his team.

Users who are viewing this thread