Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

FreddieFan said:
Mybe seperate buttons for a lofted shot over the infield and a six hit? The former being the easier of the two?

Freddie, this is already implemented but is based on where the power bar is in the lofted 'red' zone...if it is at the low end of the red zone (i.e. less power but still lofted) then it will effectively be a chip over the infield. So you can quite deliberately do a chip, though if you mistime the power it could go further than you wanted ;)

LM.

Madman said:
Billy Bowdens bent finger should be there
you should have an option before the game of "Perfect Umpiring" where every decision is spot on or "Realistic Umpiring" where mistakes can happen
Also there should be quite a long wait before making a 3rd umpire decisions
there should be an animated big screen displaying OUT or NOT OUT like in the Ashes
A working scoreboard in the ground that displays runs, wickets etc..
Said before but Smashable Windows would add a lot of realism, especially if you can play in a club with the car park right next to the pitch :)
Street Cricket (not really needed but would be funny)
Kwik Cricket (would be a really fun addition, especially with real professianal players using blue bats. great if you only wanted a short burst of fun in a game instead of a long test match or one day game)
good entrance scenes and celebrations
real trophys for tournaments
bat weights make a difference
no fielders bumping into each other or running through each other
no unrealistic fielding (e.g. ball coming through legs then picking up, players should use the long barrier and other techniques)
fielding injuries
giles wearing sunglasses while bowling sometimes
online multiplayer divided into servers (UK, Australia etc...) to decrease lag
pitch condition changes (rain dampens the pitch so the outfield will slow down and the wicket will become damp, and sunny weather dries and cracks the pitch and speeds up the outfield)
Rain in tests and one days
Bad Weather more likely in UK than Australia
redefinable controls and game controller compatible
Cricketer Mode (i explained before but got ignored, look for the post)
Ashes Mode (past and present ashes series)
People in crowd trying to catch a big six
easy accesible menus to get to what you want
you can see the captain and players watching on the balcony of the stadium (especially when near a win, celebrating,or tense moments)

Some really good suggestions here, some not so practical ;)

Just because i haven't replied yet doesn't mean i haven't read it and taken it on board ;)

Oh yeah, Langerrox is often drunk lol :p

LM

cricket doctor said:
Very-2 difficult I guess. :noway

hmm..yeah, this one could be difficult...tho i was planning to have different animations of spinners depending on whether they are wrist or finger spinners, it would be hard in any case to see the hands...what i could implement is a 'batsman's best guess'feature based on a 'reading the ball'stat which could bring up a little icon showing what the batsman thought the ball was going to do...this may or may not be correct tho, so this feature could also work against you. Obviously if you had a higher stat for this you would be more likely to get it correct more often...does anyone think this would be a good idea?

LM

Propmanoz said:
Perhaps, to simplify this, the batsmen, when hitting an attacking stroke, would automatically take several steps out of the crease, and if no further button is pressed, will return to the crease without risk of run-out (unless perhaps when playing an advance shot which cannons into silly point for instance). A suggestion, that.

Propmanoz, Freddie was definately on the right track, but i think i agree with your suggestion here...i think it is much better to have this as an auto advance by a couple of steps...only potential issue is what if they got stumped or runout before they quickly turned back to the crease - this could get annnoying...especially because you didn't deliberately do it, it was done automatically by the cpu...i dont think you can have exceptions like that where your batsman automatically advances a couple of steps and you have to choose yes or no to run....if you choose yes then he runs, if you choose no then he returns back to the crease (very quickly), if you do nothing then he will wait a second before turning back automatically? What do people think?

LM

no_remorse28 said:
i would like to se the abbility of being able to continue a run after hitting the go back button. in cricket games up to now if you miss judge a run and go back when you could of made the run as soon as you run back you have to wait untill they get back to the crease and come to halt before you can set off for the run again. i would like to see the abbility to hit the run button again so you can continue the run straight away rather than have to run back first, this would also allow realistic mixups.

Yes, this is absolutely essential. Excellent point. I hate that in the big games where you have to wait for them to go back to the crease - it really sux because it's such a loss of control.

LM

As I PMD LM (He said to post it up here)

I was thinking what you should do is a good style tv presentation sorta thing like wen tehrs the toss say australia vs india youd get an indian and an aussie and like they can interview with the tv presenter. and get them to say phrases like the tv presenter would say great batting and the aussie that is recording would say yes it was a good innings and stuff you could get like different accents etc. With the commantators you should do rotating commantators just to make it seem all realistic.

Last edited:
hmm..yeah, this one could be difficult...tho i was planning to have different animations of spinners depending on whether they are wrist or finger spinners, it would be hard in any case to see the hands...what i could implement is a 'batsman's best guess'feature based on a 'reading the ball'stat which could bring up a little icon showing what the batsman thought the ball was going to do...this may or may not be correct tho, so this feature could also work against you. Obviously if you had a higher stat for this you would be more likely to get it correct more often...does anyone think this would be a good idea?

Definitely a good idea LM. I mean, this is already in EA, to a degree, but to have the success of the delivery-reading based on the batsman's skill is a great idea. Someone like Ashwell Prince would be pretty good against pace bowlers, but hopeless at reading legspinners etc. Great thinking.

Propmanoz, Freddie was definately on the right track, but i think i agree with your suggestion here...i think it is much better to have this as an auto advance by a couple of steps...only potential issue is what if they got stumped or runout before they quickly turned back to the crease - this could get annnoying...especially because you didn't deliberately do it, it was done automatically by the cpu...i dont think you can have exceptions like that where your batsman automatically advances a couple of steps and you have to choose yes or no to run....if you choose yes then he runs, if you choose no then he returns back to the crease (very quickly), if you do nothing then he will wait a second before turning back automatically? What do people think?

Yeah, good idea. But as i said, perhaps only do this when playing an attacking shot, ie, in the blue or red zones, and only if the batsman actually hits the ball, therefore eliminating the chances of being stumped ( is this too complicated though?). I like the idea of turning back immediately if you say no run though. Perhaps this could also be done with the non striker every delivery, as they always back up, and with EA the non-striker pretty much doesnt.

Yes, I'm liking this idea. Definately have different batsmen better or worse at reading the spinners, and maybe have a stat for how well a spinner hides each delivery, eg Warne's flipper very difficult to pick, especially if you're Ian Bell.

This sounds fine, the important thing is to avoid letting people get rn out the Cricket 2005 Way (if I can call it that).

i love the idea of a batsmen indicator showing what he thinks the delivery is as it brings a new level of realism to the game. players like kevin peitersen, brian lara and tendulker (peitersen because of the way he seemed to easily pick warney in the ashes)
could pick warney as say an ian bell or justin kemp or strauss for that fact might not read the ball right.

no_remorse28 said:
(peitersen because of the way he seemed to easily pick warney in the ashes)

This is probably only because he played with Warne @ Hampshire. So let Pietersen pick Warnie but not other spinners to the same extent.

I don't like it. It makes it impossible to play if you are a minnow. In BLIC and C2K5, its hard as a minnow, but not impossible. This makes it impossible.

It should be that we get the idea of what the actuall delivery is, like a circle(from BLIC suppose) with two arrows on it, pointing different directions. We pick up the speed from the meter, so we should try and read the spin from the arrows. Maybe the arrow moves, and stops as the ball is about to pitch. Makes it atleast possible to jam the bat down in time.

ZoraxDoom said:
I don't like it. It makes it impossible to play if you are a minnow. In BLIC and C2K5, its hard as a minnow, but not impossible. This makes it impossible.

It should be that we get the idea of what the actuall delivery is, like a circle(from BLIC suppose) with two arrows on it, pointing different directions. We pick up the speed from the meter, so we should try and read the spin from the arrows. Maybe the arrow moves, and stops as the ball is about to pitch. Makes it atleast possible to jam the bat down in time.

I don't think it would make it that difficult. Just because they can't bat doesn't mean they cant see :D

Anyway, the trouble with cricket games is realistic dismissels. If you are told which way its going to turn, it takes out a method of dismissel which is quite common in cricket.

Another solution would maybe be slight variation in the bowlers action? Not onvious, but enough to spot the difference.

Ok, I have a couple of wishes:

1. When we play the matches and a player score a few runs or catches a few catches or gets some wickets, they should add on to the original statistics after the match like sachin has 13,000 runs and then he hits 128* againsts australia, so after the match the statistics in the should add up to 13,128 for sachin.

2.this is a suggestion(if it is possible) maybe like an annual award ceremony conducted by the icc, maybe u can make a small animation of player recieving the award in his suit and everthing, you get what i'm saying and if u can do this that would sooooo coool.

3. maybe a different celebration for each player if he scores a 50 or a 100, and at least the team celebrate after winning a tournament or the man of the match ceremonies

Users who are viewing this thread