Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

I think the AI would automatically spot the patterns in your gameplay style., and don't really think DNA/ fingerprint would be required for that. I believe that lazy_chestnut showed us an example of a situation like that in BLIC 2007.
And by the way, what would be some good sources of finding exact dimensions of a specific stadium?

Can you show me how exactly Lazy has showed to you? because as far as I remeber BLIC07 has the worst game AI.

I don't think it needs to be majorly complex, as long as it is realistic to the match situation then that will be fine by me.

^^^ I agree with the statement all the way. The first thing we need is a realistic game, the rest can wait.
And Allrounder, this is what you're looking for.

I think you have posted something about this before LM but I will suggest it anway.

Will there be a feature of how good a batsmen can read a ball? For example Ponting will be able to read a out-swinger better than Hogg for example. Also I have noticed while playing C2005 that if a leg-spinner bowls a short ball (leg-spinner's standard ball) and they bowl it really fast sometimes because they have put some much rip into it, it turns into a wrong-un.

Do you remember the arrow in some of the newer screenshots? This is where the batsman thinks the ball will go past him and it is dependant on stats. So this is already (mostly) implemented.

I think there should be a thing that once in every 300 or whatever innings, a bat snaps in half. Then you see a runner coming our with more bats and you see the batsman choose his new bat.

That would be pretty cool. Or if when a batsmen hits it and it makes a wierd sound the batter might look at his bat for a bit and then call for another one even if it hasn't snapped.

yeah. So the more you use it, the worse it gets. So when it's about to snap, it is hard to time shots. And when you get a new bat, it's tough at the start because you have to get used to your new bat. This could probably be only used in career mode.

Will we be having reverse swing in this game?

Also, if it is a tense match, and looking to be a thriller, can we have the crowd going crazy. And if a team is smashing the other team, don't make it as loud.
I think the sound of the crowd should suit the match situation. Also, I think in matches against minnows, the grounds shouldn't be 100% full. And in Ashes matches and big matches, there should be big crowds. :)

And it will also be cool if the commentators said how many turned up to the game. :)

Last edited:
Also, if it is a tense match, and looking to be a thriller, can we have the crowd going crazy. And if a team is smashing the other team, don't make it as loud.
I think the sound of the crowd should suit the match situation. Also, I think in matches against minnows, the grounds shouldn't be 100% full. And in Ashes matches and big matches, there should be big crowds. :)

And it will also be cool if the commentators said how many turned up to the game. :)

What about if lets say Team A was smashing Team B then maybe lots of Team B supporters would leave the stadium and the crowd would get smaller.

Good idea Sean but how is anyone going to count all of them any way.

Sledging.I would like Andre Nel motoring down the pitch after a bouncer and wishing the batsman a merry christmas!!!!

That happened in RPIC 05 except you couldn't hear anythinh

@Will: You expect that to be in any cricket game don't you?

Well, it would be a great feature in my eyes. Instead of toggling swing on or off, new ball bowlers get natural swing. For how long depends on the conditions.

That would be nice. For example you bowl a straight ball on off stump and then it cuts away from the batsmen a little bit.

What about cutters? A bit like the natural swing but once it hits the pitch it could go into or away from the batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread