Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

That would be nice. For example you bowl a straight ball on off stump and then it cuts away from the batsmen a little bit.

What about cutters? A bit like the natural swing but once it hits the pitch it could go into or away from the batsmen.

Swing and cut are in already. Undecided on whether swing should be controllable or just purely based on conditions etc - any ideas?

Much more realistic if swing is natural rather than having a big arrow controlling th swing.

It would also be more challenging as a batsman facing swing, especially early one. Of course, swing bowlers would swing it more

I think swing should use an arrow but maybe the arrow might not always indicate how much it is swinging.

I think that swing should be based on conditions, but that bowlers should be able to bowl non-swinging balls if they want to. This could be done by scrambling the seam, and so batsmen would be able to read the delivery to some extent.

Some questions about shot-power and the power bar:

1) Does a full power shot go the same distance regardless of who's playing it, or do different batsmen have their own strength rating which affects how far it will go?

2) I understand the chip shot is played by not maxing out the power on a lofted shot. Does each batsman have the same size zones on their power meter?

3) Expanding this point without wanting to make the game overly complicated, I could imagine that maybe there could be say three or four different 'types' of batsmen: basic, agressive, defensive, and I would also have 'knurdler'. Aggressive batsmen would have a larger max power (red?) zone, but smaller defensive/normal zones, so it would be easier to hit big shots, but harder to nudge/chip the ball around for twos and threes. Defensive types would obviously have a small red zone but large defense zone, and find it difficult to clear the boundary. Finally, the knurdler would have a larger normal zone and so a smaller red zone, making it relatively safe to look to chip the ball over the infield, but more dangerous to look to hit boundaries.

Swing and cut are in already. Undecided on whether swing should be controllable or just purely based on conditions etc - any ideas?

Defo natural swing, maybe then to have the option to have the one that doesn't swing so much...oh and I don't think there should be such things as special deliveries, a yorker should be bowled by just pitching up around the toes, and not pressing any buttons, as it should be at your disposal all the time if needed...

Yorkers should be harder for lesser bowlers to bowl

I think this could be done by just making it harder to position where the delivery will pitch...make the circle or whatever it is harder to control for lesser bowlers.

Originally Posted by Will_NA
Yorkers should be harder for lesser bowlers to bowl

Each bowler will have an accuracy rating, which determines how close the ball goes to where they want it to go. Obviously, lesser bowlers have less control, so this feature is already in the game.

Will we be able to select how much power we want to incorporate with a shot?? Therefore a better bastman will be able to choose shot placement better than a bowler. Also any idea on how big the entire download will be?

I think that swing should be based on conditions, but that bowlers should be able to bowl non-swinging balls if they want to. This could be done by scrambling the seam, and so batsmen would be able to read the delivery to some extent.

Some questions about shot-power and the power bar:

1) Does a full power shot go the same distance regardless of who's playing it, or do different batsmen have their own strength rating which affects how far it will go?

2) I understand the chip shot is played by not maxing out the power on a lofted shot. Does each batsman have the same size zones on their power meter?

3) Expanding this point without wanting to make the game overly complicated, I could imagine that maybe there could be say three or four different 'types' of batsmen: basic, agressive, defensive, and I would also have 'knurdler'. Aggressive batsmen would have a larger max power (red?) zone, but smaller defensive/normal zones, so it would be easier to hit big shots, but harder to nudge/chip the ball around for twos and threes. Defensive types would obviously have a small red zone but large defense zone, and find it difficult to clear the boundary. Finally, the knurdler would have a larger normal zone and so a smaller red zone, making it relatively safe to look to chip the ball over the infield, but more dangerous to look to hit boundaries.

well, great post by the way. Each batsman does have a strength rating which goes into all strokes. For example, you will notice when Matty Hayden smashes a shot that it goes more powerfully and can clear the rope more easily than someone of lesser strength

I also think that's a really good idea about the different powerbars, the only problem is that it would take a fair bit of time to re-work this into the code. It does also add an extra level of complication, which im not opposed to, but means i need to set aside time to add it in...what i will do is put it on my 'to do' list and try to make some time for it, as it would add a great element to the game.

Will we be able to select how much power we want to incorporate with a shot?? Therefore a better bastman will be able to choose shot placement better than a bowler. Also any idea on how big the entire download will be?

no idea on final download yet, but will be at least half a gig

You can choose power by using the powerbar, but in terms of shot placement versus skill of batsman, this is determined by stats largely, in that a lesser skilled batsman (i.e. a batter who's stat for the type of stroke he is trying to play is low) will be less likely to get the ball where he wants and more likley to 'mishit' the ball. A mishit for this game is defined as follows: a shot which does not go according to plan - for example, this could mean it gets too much air, the direction could be finer than expected, could be less power as not as well timed etc

Last edited:
legend_master said:
Each batsman does have a strength rating which goes into all strokes. For example, you will notice when Matty Hayden smashes a shot that it goes more powerfully and can clear the rope more easily than someone of lesser strength

You can choose power by using the powerbar, but in terms of shot placement versus skill of batsman, this is determined by stats largely, in that a lesser skilled batsman (i.e. a batter who's stat for the type of stroke he is trying to play is low) will be less likely to get the ball where he wants and more likley to 'mishit' the ball. A mishit for this game is defined as follows: a shot which does not go according to plan - for example, this could mean it gets too much air, the direction could be finer than expected, could be less power as not as well timed etc.

That sounds quite fantastic, thanks!

no idea on final download yet, but will be at least half a gig.
No fear, that's where my 5 mbps internet speed will come in handy :cool:

Would we be able to have challenges? Like say for example.

Bodyline Series: Rewrite history and win the bodyline series series for Australia.
And there can be an England scenario.
Repeat England's series win against Australia in the bodyline series.

Or;

Ashes 2005 at Edgbaston:
Australia; 2 wickets left on the final day. You need 100+ runs to win. Guide Australia home to create a historical victory.

England - Bowl Australia's last 2 batsmen out to stop them from reaching the total. They need 80 runs to win and have full confidence!

What do you think?

Would we be able to have challenges? Like say for example.

Bodyline Series: Rewrite history and win the bodyline series series for Australia.
And there can be an England scenario.
Repeat England's series win against Australia in the bodyline series.

Or;

Ashes 2005 at Edgbaston:
Australia; 2 wickets left on the final day. You need 100+ runs to win. Guide Australia home to create a historical victory.

England - Bowl Australia's last 2 batsmen out to stop them from reaching the total. They need 80 runs to win and have full confidence!

What do you think?

L.M did say that classic matches were a no-go for the initial release, probably to save time and download size.

Users who are viewing this thread