Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

definately, i think are both essential to the game, audio in general and crowd noises along with gameplay are the most tedious thing about cricket games, wherever you play the atmos is more like a fairground than a cricket stadium, if we could get realistic chants and put them in the game would improve heaps. im sure lots of england fans will have lots of audio saved with sky+ if its possible to convert?

Thing is, would we be allowed to use crowd sounds off videos we have on the computer of the games? I know we arent allowed to use commentators but would crowd sounds be alright LM?

im sure there wont be a problem would it? commentators - fair enough - youre stealing theyre work off a tv broadcast, but the barmy army are not paid to chant for channel 9 are they. im no expert tho and i may be wrong but i would think that it would be ok to do.

In terms of the pitch deteration, will it be affected by the type of bowlers on the wicket or will it be totally random. Like a left arm seamer will create rough outside the right handers offstump. So u wudnt expect a lot of rough outside the offstump unless there are a lot of left arm seamers playing. I remember the pitch deteration in EA cricket being quite poor as it seemed to deterate the same each day regardless of weather condtions. Maybe u could add this in to make test matches more exciting.

Could u make the umpires give realistic decisions. E.g. If it looks out the umpire the umpire shud give it. E.g. Say theres a a rele thin edge thru to the keeper, one so faint it wud be only be picked up on snicko. The umpire wud give this not out most times. Right now, im playing PES 6 and the linesmen flag for offside if ur foot is offside. This rele spoils the game IMO. So i think having realistic but not perfect umpiring will make the game better.

In terms of the pitch deteration, will it be affected by the type of bowlers on the wicket or will it be totally random. Like a left arm seamer will create rough outside the right handers offstump. So u wudnt expect a lot of rough outside the offstump unless there are a lot of left arm seamers playing. I remember the pitch deteration in EA cricket being quite poor as it seemed to deterate the same each day regardless of weather condtions. Maybe u could add this in to make test matches more exciting.

Yes, that is the hope, but it would be very hard to do.

Could u make the umpires give realistic decisions. E.g. If it looks out the umpire the umpire shud give it. E.g. Say theres a a rele thin edge thru to the keeper, one so faint it wud be only be picked up on snicko. The umpire wud give this not out most times. Right now, im playing PES 6 and the linesmen flag for offside if ur foot is offside. This rele spoils the game IMO. So i think having realistic but not perfect umpiring will make the game better.

A way in my eyes would be a grade to LBW shouts - hidden in the game (how out or not out they are) to decide how often they are given out/not out.

Off topic: PES 6 is the best game ever, don't diss :D

Brett_Lee said:
So LM, what do you think of my suggestion?

Yeah, i like it a lot...and i dont think crowd sounds are copyrighted...hope not anyway...

I'm gonna have to spend some time on crowd later on, so to be honest i cant answer that question yet about if they'll wear supporter jerseys or not...

slade said:

As Manee mentioned, it would be great, but hard to do...i will definately try to get some kind of system like this. I'm pretty confident i can do a better job on pitch deterioration than EA ;)

Yeah, i have an ingenious system for Umpire decisions, but i cant reveal that yet ;) ALL i can say is that it is along the lines you and Manee mentioned

LM

legend_master said:
Yeah, i like it a lot...and i dont think crowd sounds are copyrighted...hope not anyway...
From the fairly little I know about copyright law, all sound broadcast as part of the cricket is copyrighted, there is no legal reason to distinguish the two. However short sounds would usually fall under fair use, but sending an email to a broadcaster or two (the ABC might be a good place to start) could get use a licence to use the sounds.

yes maybe an e-mail would clear it up, but im sure it wouldnt be a problem if youre not selling the game commercially.

on pitch deteriation i think we all know that EA's is crap and always the same with footmarks from 4 corners of the popping crease and chasing 500 in the 4th innings possible!!!! but what i would hope for in the AOC is that as long as it affects the pitch and difficulty of batting on days 4/5 i dont think it really matters where the graphical evidence of what is causing this difficulty is scattered if you know what i mean.

i did mention something like that about the umpires actually.........like there should be appeals on thin snicks that are not obvious and then the umpire can get em wrong or right........that would be ingenius if you could master that one LM and implement it.

keep up the good work......... :cheers

Hey LM... I haven't managed to wade my way through the swathe of suggestions, but as I'm sure you've heard before, this is an amazingly ambitious plan that I really hope pays off for you. I'm sure (copyright infringements aside) the majority of people would have no issue putting some money into the game, whether it be for the game itself, or for some sort of TAOC foundation for the furtherance of the brand and for the further developments and updates. I mean seriously, we all pay at lease some money to play all these EA Cricket and Brian Lara games that are so badly thought out, that we immediately regret paying the money, but do it again the following year.

All I'd like to know is whether there will be some sort of interactive fielding mechanism, like a more detailed version of the last Brian Lara, where you have to time the catches, and time your throws so you don't underthrow OR overthrow the stumps.

Also, it would be great to control the keeper after he's caught the ball, as it would be great to do one of those underarm shies for the stumps, Mark Boucher style, after a batsman has tried to charge down a quick- or medium-paced bowler. I know that the keeper will automatically do it for the spinners.

Anyway, most of the other guys have handled all my bowling/batting concerns, so I thought I'd try get more info on the fielding department.

One thing for the bowling side... I think one of the few things that EA got right this year is to make the really quick bowlers, i.e. Lee, very quick. I just hope you're going to try to do something similar, because there's something so much more threatening about facing a pumped up Lee, at 150+, than facing the death stares of Nel, at 135+.

Thanks for all the responses you give, it's really cool that it gives us an opportunity to start building a picture in our heads about what's coming.

stonedhamster said:
Hey LM... I haven't managed to wade my way through the swathe of suggestions, but as I'm sure you've heard before, this is an amazingly ambitious plan that I really hope pays off for you. I'm sure (copyright infringements aside) the majority of people would have no issue putting some money into the game, whether it be for the game itself, or for some sort of TAOC foundation for the furtherance of the brand and for the further developments and updates. I mean seriously, we all pay at lease some money to play all these EA Cricket and Brian Lara games that are so badly thought out, that we immediately regret paying the money, but do it again the following year.

All I'd like to know is whether there will be some sort of interactive fielding mechanism, like a more detailed version of the last Brian Lara, where you have to time the catches, and time your throws so you don't underthrow OR overthrow the stumps.

Also, it would be great to control the keeper after he's caught the ball, as it would be great to do one of those underarm shies for the stumps, Mark Boucher style, after a batsman has tried to charge down a quick- or medium-paced bowler. I know that the keeper will automatically do it for the spinners.

Anyway, most of the other guys have handled all my bowling/batting concerns, so I thought I'd try get more info on the fielding department.

One thing for the bowling side... I think one of the few things that EA got right this year is to make the really quick bowlers, i.e. Lee, very quick. I just hope you're going to try to do something similar, because there's something so much more threatening about facing a pumped up Lee, at 150+, than facing the death stares of Nel, at 135+.

Thanks for all the responses you give, it's really cool that it gives us an opportunity to start building a picture in our heads about what's coming.

Amazing first post mate. The keeping one is innovative too...

EDIT: If the opponent is not running after about a second then probably a button with the keeper to end the ball and do the next one.

Last edited:
Yeah very constructive first post m8 :thumbs , have to agree with manee - the keeper idea is beautiful - something i hadnt really thought about, and i definately agree that a fielding system keeps you interested as a fielding side and keeps you away from the Autoplay feature, the one used in blic 05 was good but could so easily be excellent - i mean you could miss high and low with blic right? but if the system could miss high - low - left - right we would have the posibility of manually random over throws or a peach of a direct hit if the power/aim system was as good as what the batting system is alleged to be, now how cool would that be. what are your thoughts on this LM? - im sure you have the fielding covered with an ingenius plan but would this system be considered?

Youre also spot on with the pace issue m8, but this has all been covered, i scrolled through the forum the other day and picked up on Manee's great work with regard to bowling and speed/traits - and basically anything technical to do with the game.

And finally LM - just a quick question to you......
Can you tell me when was the first date that you actually decided to start this project and put you first marks down on the clean sheet that became TAOC? i am intrigued to know this!!!! as you mentiond in the first post ever made (before you even stickied one thread - never mind a whole forum and the construction of the website) - that you had been working a while on this before actually posting the original screenshots and news!!

gr8 work keep it up :cheers

Simple one, Warne and Mcgrath as unlockables for exibition mode.

another gr8 idea manee reps 4 u - simple but perfect add Langer to that list i certainly rate him as a great opening batsman - or maybe the aussie team that won the ashes 5 zip can be an unlockabloe 'classic great team' and the west indies of the 70/80 and early 90's too. Mcgrath should be able to bowl an unplayable delivery every so often too :) or maybe thats hard to implement!! :)

looking forward to some new photos and videos of the big facelift!!
gr8 work LM :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread