Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

cricketer112 said:
ps. if anyone hasnt watched that video of july 06 - seriously .watch it and you will be blown away by how realistic the atmosphere is.

great work LM :cheers
Keep in mind that Holmie added in the sound afterwards, this isn't part of the game, yet.

yeah i realised that the sounds have been ripped from a broadcast and put in after with editing but i just hope that the sound's going to be like that in game otherwise its a bit of a tease just adding it to the video :eek: :p , it would make the game have a real cricket feel, the effects of bat on ball and ball on stump along with the crowd and fielder reactions are amazing. i particularly liked the sound of the keepers reaction after a ball when he goes 'yeaaaa.........ooooooooo' and if we could rip some different sounds from world cricket from tv or youtube like when the asian sides say 'shabbash murali'/harbajan or whoever and put them in for the teams they represent' i would be more than happy to search for various sounds to help out this project.

would it be difficult to put them sounds in the game then? i have no idea about this sort of thing but if holmie ripped them and put them in after, surely these could go in the sound slots for the game if converted them to whatever audio files LM is using? they should fall under fair use? if not how will sound effects be done?

Last edited:
Im not sure if this has been mentioned as this is my first post in this section, i would love to help but dont have any programms to do stuff but i was wondering if its possible to give the player an option to bring the keeper up to the stumps against pace bowlers? Ofcourse if its possible make it harder to keep and more byes being added

cricketer112 said:
yeah i realised that the sounds have been ripped from a broadcast and put in after with editing but i just hope that the sound's going to be like that in game otherwise its a bit of a tease just adding it to the video :eek: :p , it would make the game have a real cricket feel, the effects of bat on ball and ball on stump along with the crowd and fielder reactions are amazing. i particularly liked the sound of the keepers reaction after a ball when he goes 'yeaaaa.........ooooooooo' and if we could rip some different sounds from world cricket from tv or youtube like when the asian sides say 'shabbash murali'/harbajan or whoever and put them in for the teams they represent' i would be more than happy to search for various sounds to help out this project.

would it be difficult to put them sounds in the game then? i have no idea about this sort of thing but if holmie ripped them and put them in after, surely these could go in the sound slots for the game if converted them to whatever audio files LM is using? they should fall under fair use? if not how will sound effects be done?

I totally agree, i was also amazed at the atmosphere added...it just shows you how important sound fx are :onpc

Well, the only issue for me is actually getting the sounds without infringing copyright. Putting them in the game is easy and replicating that teaser is easy too, given i can use those sounds.

I will certainly be spending a good amount of time getting the sounds and atmosphere right.

Well, the only issue for me is actually getting the sounds without infringing copyright.

ive had a look about and read a few articles and im sure it would fall under fair use if you use sound effects - i cant imagine a tv company getting stressed that you used crowd noises or a bat on ball sound, as long as we dont use commentary im sure it will be sweet mate :cheers .

Putting them in the game is easy and replicating that teaser is easy too, given i can use those sounds.

that is brilliant news, if we can use them sounds if there are no legal issues and you could replicate that teaser for in game sounds and atmosphere then this game would be the greatest thing since sliced bread considering the game play and depth of this game - it would be the complete package - its funny actually because every new thing that comes into my head and i ask if its in the game - im thinking surely this game cant have this aswell? its just to good to be true - but you keep delivering mate - hat off to ya :cheers

Last edited:
Feelin Blue? said:
Im not sure if this has been mentioned as this is my first post in this section, i would love to help but dont have any programms to do stuff but i was wondering if its possible to give the player an option to bring the keeper up to the stumps against pace bowlers? Ofcourse if its possible make it harder to keep and more byes being added

Yes, it will be possible. The keeper will be in a default position for all field settings, but as with any other fielder his position can be adjusted, meaning he could be moved up to the wickets.

cheers,

LM

Happy weekend, LM and all other cricket fans...
Was just playing a bit of Cricket 07 trying to find things that I wished were present. Thought of one or two more things to add to my pile of suggestions (sorry LM).

A few aesthetic things would be during long batting spells, the batsmen requesting drinks, or new gloves. And perhaps the occasional request for a new bat due to a fast ball cracking it or the batsman going for a few big shots and damaging the bat that way.

Another idea would be the bowler slipping every once in a while, which could lead to an accidental wayward delivery and even a plausible way to introduce a bowler's injury. Injuries sustained in the field while catching or diving and pulling a muscle would be a cool idea too.

I'm sure most of us have hit more than a few sixes in other cricket games, and maybe another way to make them seem more realistic would be - depending on how much development is going to go into the crowd - spectators actively trying to catch the ball, or perhaps move out of the way. A somewhat easy way to do this would be to let the ball enter the crowd normally, and then have a cut-scene to a fan holding up the ball, with some commentary added in like, "That's a great catch by the person in row F!"

Onto more a intrinsic suggestion to the fielding would be to relate the computer's tendency to get run-out to their concentration levels. So after a fairly lengthly afternoon session, the batsman's concentration might be a bit low, and one of those situations where both batsmen end up at the same end, or just merely a bad call, could result.

Batsman's anguish at being run out by his partner as he walks off the field would be a nice touch too.

Once again, enjoy the weekend, guys.

They are some excellent point, i have absoulety no idea how hard it would be to add those but they do seem a bit hard but i would love a cricket game with features like that! Maybe if possible throw in some sledging, the same way you do commentators voice but use a different one ;)

They would be good, but not priority in any case. If you think of this game as a car, what's being working on is the engine that makes the car go at this point. If you ask me what you've asked for is a shiny new red paint on the bodywork of the car. If the engine is done and done well, I'm sure you will get your shiny red paint if possible.

coupla suggestions.

1 - a player's stats for the series e.g
Name M I Runs NO Avg HS 100 50

or

Name M W Avg BBI SR

These could pop up randomly as long as the player is on the field

2 - The power of certain players should affect the distance they hit the ball

3 - Occasionally, a ball could skid onto the batsman a bit quicker than usual

just thought i would add my 2 cents

:rolleyes: i like that phrase :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Will_NA said:
coupla suggestions.

1 - a player's stats for the series e.g
Name M I Runs NO Avg HS 100 50

or

Name M W Avg BBI SR

These could pop up randomly as long as the player is on the field

2 - The power of certain players should affect the distance they hit the ball

3 - Occasionally, a ball could skid onto the batsman a bit quicker than usual

just thought i would add my 2 cents

:rolleyes: i like that phrase :rolleyes:

All of these are already in ;)

skateboarder said:
They would be good, but not priority in any case. If you think of this game as a car, what's being working on is the engine that makes the car go at this point. If you ask me what you've asked for is a shiny new red paint on the bodywork of the car. If the engine is done and done well, I'm sure you will get your shiny red paint if possible.
Sorry guyz, like i said earlier i only just started looking at this game and i dont now where you are up too, i more extra feature is batsmen change to a hat maybe when they setlle and are facing the spinners ( i want my shiny red paint :p )

thats in the game anyway mate.

couple more suggestions:-

definately the one said above, where if you are playing a series all the batsmans scores/bowling stats pop up randomly in a cut scene with e.g lords 100*, Edgebaston 58 etc................ and series average etc...

also another thing that would add a nice touch (i think its been mentioned before) but player photos when they enter the crease - i even think JK had a crack at and overlay for this - with the photo on top and then stats under it.

I think that with the commentary they should comment through a series/tournament intelligently.... e.g.:- "good morning and welcome to the first ashes test at........."
or " we are at the WACA for the third ashes test - the series tied at one all........."

also i dont know if this would be too difficult to implement but if like you said the commentators can recognize a maiden fifty then here goes........how about the commentators recognize how well the batters/bowlers are playing in a particular series and say for ex:- "Ponting is having a great series - New zealand are really having trouble getting him out"

also a nice idea of mine for pitches and depth is the groundsman option, shouldnt be too difficult to implement, just that if you are playing a career (hence this will obviously be used for county/state games) you can choose a wicket on the square and maybe prepare it too your like, obviously test wickets are generally central so this option will be more effective in county or state mode. and if you play on a wicket all the time it gets worn and so through the season maybe you need to use different pitches on the square. maybe you could call this red paint as shakespeare said above :p but i think its a really nice touch and maybe wouldnt be as difficult as it sounds.

i think an international career mode should be in the game, with proper fixtures upcoming from the games release to say 2020? maybe 2015 - or the option too randomly generate fixtures, plus stats tracking for this with rankings.

sorry to keep throwing ideas at you LM - just want to make this game have every chance of being great even if some suggestions are a bit far fetched or may never happen or maybe just in a future update. im sure ill be back with more soon.......... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread