Super 14

Who will win the Super14?

• Total voters

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well done to the Cheetahs for a taking another win in their maiden Super 14 season. Should have made a meal of the Reds, but a win is a win!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A very boring win though. They certainly won't be threatening the top teams with that form.
Now the Waratahs and their form will be threatening the title. They look really good this year.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Mark Gasnier from NRL is going to move to Union next yr and will most likely strengthen the Tahs.

Watch this bloke, talented outside centre that is huge and has a blistering turn of pace. Hopefully he can play in the 2007 WC, if he does Australia could win it...yes he is that good! :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I know all about him :) League fans are pissed about this as you would expect. Also a number of other leaguies have said they wouldn't mind going to Union.

NSW is the way to go for Gasnier. He has no hope in the ACT backline, its that good!

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
the ARU should try and get Broncos FB Karmichael Hunt...he's hell good.

pity no Raiders players are good enough to be poaching targets :D...guess thats a positive for yourself aussie. :rolleyes:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Oh there is a few, William Zillman will be a gun footballer but I don't want to lose him.
Karmichael Hunt I'm sure he was one of those that wouldn't mind moving. He has also been linked to replacing Stacey Jones at halfback for the Kiwis.

James219

International Cricketer
I'm happy about Gasnier making the move to Union. It's not a huge transition, not like it would be for a forward with regards to massive changes in technical play, but he'll need some education on the different strategies, running different angles, passing, kicking but he's extremely talented so it'll come pretty naturally. Will be a huge boost to the Tahs if he's signed by them, he's got great skill, vision, speed, etc. Dunno if he'll be ready for the WC 2007, but there's always a chance.
EDIT: Has he actually confirmed the move yet?

Last edited:

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
AHHHH the Force lost to the Stormers by 1 point!!!!!

im officially on the Brumbies bandwagon :D :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't believe it, I thought they would have won that one even before the game started. Force looked to be clicking last week. Now I can't see them winning they are rock bottom and I don't think they can get up. Plus they have a lot of away games left.

Why you going for the Brumbies? The Tahs look the best of the Aussie teams.

James219

International Cricketer
Whoa, the Force really haven't been able to take their opportunities in their debut season. I still wouldn't write them off yet though, as long as they can take the positives out and implement them again and again, they'll come out with a few victories, as they've been pretty competitive throughout, just haven't been able to convert their winning chances into a reality.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
James219 said:
Whoa, the Force really haven't been able to take their opportunities in their debut season. I still wouldn't write them off yet though, as long as they can take the positives out and implement them again and again, they'll come out with a few victories, as they've been pretty competitive throughout, just haven't been able to convert their winning chances into a reality.

yeh but its the same story every week...but nothing changes

they get into a position where they can really push their opponents or even win...yet once again basic skill errors cost them. It wouldnt be so bad if they were improving in that area, its just that its the same story week after week.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The Cheetahs look a much better side than the Force. Probably cause they are the Currie cup champs plus have a ton of SA capped players.

One thing I've noticed is we are copying what SA did in the super 12. 2 crap teams near the bottom of the comp, while SA have got all 5 teams being competitive.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Force need to stop poaching other Australian team's players, and weakening the Australian teams.

They should look at signing blokes from NZ, SAF and Polynesia who cant get into their respective teams.

as far as i know thats what the Cheetahs did.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good point! The Cheetahs actually have a Currie cup side so a lot of their players came from there. The problem for us is that we don't have a domestic comp so the Force would have to pluck guys with no experience. NSW is the best breeding ground for youngsters so I would look at getting a number of players from there.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Crusaders v Waratahs in Christchurch this weekend!!

an absolutely mouthwatering clash...i hope Matty Rogers is playing.

Users who are viewing this thread