Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

Well played West Indies. Now before anyone starts saying we are changing the ECB need to have a butchers. The one time West Indies needed it they got it.

Congratulations, West Indies.

You beat Auatralia and India to get here. Fair play. :clap

Fail..........

Not the only Indian to do so recently. :D

Anyway our death bowling was fail.

JUST.BOWL.AT.THE.STUMPS.AND.AT.THE.BATSMENS.TOES.NOT.SHORT.OR.WIDE.FULL.TOSSES

But yeah, fair play to the West Indies. They are class bunch.

All over. Screwed by Duckworth Lewis. Not that I'm bitter or anything.....
I actually read an explanation of D/L and it's the best possible way of figuring out rain affected games.

Jimmy's over cost us the game really. With a better over there (without two 4s from Sarwan) we would have run this closer.

If it was 20 overs a side, we would have won I think.

Pretty good effort all things considered.

James Foster is amazing. I've said it for ages, we don't need keepers to bat, we need keepers to catch.

Now onto the proper stuff.

Yep, hope Windies go on to win this. Certainly my second favourite team here and Sarwan and Chanderpaul did the business at the end. Good luck to them :)

What I wanna know is how the run rate can only go up by 0.94 when 11 overs are taken off the game. It's a joke really.

LMAO Lee, Kirtley? You really are stuck in 2004 aren't you. Kirtley's crap nowadays, surely that was proven in the last T20 WC?

Kirtley is a superb death bowler. This isn't Test cricket. You need yorkers and slower balls. Anderson doesn't have the variation. Neither does Sidebottom to be honest.

To be fair, the bowlers didn't have a chance. Wickets didn't matter in 9 overs.

I actually read an explanation of D/L and it's the best possible way of figuring out rain affected games.

Jimmy's over cost us the game really. With a better over there (without two 4s from Sarwan) we would have run this closer.

If it was 20 overs a side, we would have won I think.

In 50 over ODi's. It's clearly not been developed for T20. How can the run rate only go up by 0.96 runs an over when over half the overs are taken off? They should have needed to chase at least 95. Choosing to bat first with only 2 batsmen is the real problem, and the fact that the selectors picked the wrong team for a tournament again. Twats. Get Trott and Patel in ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread