Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

Gutted, i don't care what Colly says, we don't score enough runs.

Congratz to WI. Great partnership at the end by Sarwan & Chanders. Showed class will out even in T20.

Let's be realistic as well boys, we'd only have been mullered in the semis anyway. There's only so many times an inspired bowling performance can spare the blushes of our batsmen.

In an ideal world i'd want Sri Lanka or the West Indies to win it, but tbh i'm not really fussed because the one outcome I absolutely didn't want has been impossible since UV KING OF FAIL FAILED.

Kirtley is a superb death bowler. This isn't Test cricket. You need yorkers and slower balls. Anderson doesn't have the variation. Neither does Sidebottom to be honest.

To be fair, the bowlers didn't have a chance. Wickets didn't matter in 9 overs.

Kirtley USED to be a superb death bowler. Not anymore. Sidebottom does have excellent yorkers as well, he's probably been our best seamer in this tournament. Fred in for Jimmy would have been ideal. Strengthens the batting and the bowling.

1. Ravi Bopara
2. Steven Davies +
3. Kevin Pietersen *
4. Owais Shah
5. Jonathan Trott
6. Samit Patel
7. Graham Napier
8. Andrew Flintoff
9. Stuart Broad
10. Graeme Swann
11. Ryan Sidebottom

That should be the team. As much as I love Fos, we need batting in T20. Get him in the ODi team though tbh.

2 batsmen? :D

160 is a decent T20 score, the fact we went 8 overs without scoring a boundary and still got 160 was a good effort. Yeah, could have done better, but the hyperbole surrounding the side is hilarious. I think we've done all right in this tournament, what I expected tbh. Half the games we did well, half we did poor. It's England, it's T20, anything can (and does) happen.

I really don't mind who wins from now on. SL, SA, WI and NZ are all deserving teams. Pakistan have done really well considering they've hardly played.

Lee, don't bite.

Colly's selection was wrong imo but 5 bowlers might have worked in 20 overs. There is f all you can do in 9.

The thing is though this tournament was never a priority to us. Considering we had a stand in captain and had no idea how we were going to set up we did really well. Obviously Trott is amazing but the selectors are just jizz buckets on that front, otherwise it's hardly the time for an inquest into English cricket, pretty good start to the summer in my book.

Chris Gayle "I'm so emotional" :D Couldn't tell the difference. West Indies V Sri Lanka will be a class game if it happens.

Still Gashid Gas ;) Collingwood's a twat as well. Bat first with 2 batsmen, cracking decision Col. Get him out of the T20 side straight away. Ah well, West Indies did bat well tbh, especially Sarwan and Chanders. Just annoying that there really should have been more runs on the board with D/L. I'll say it again, how on earth can the run rate only go up by 0.96?

Still Gashid Gas ;) Collingwood's a twat as well. Bat first with 2 batsmen, cracking decision Col. Get him out of the T20 side straight away. Ah well, West Indies did bat well tbh, especially Sarwan and Chanders. Just annoying that there really should have been more runs on the board with D/L. I'll say it again, how on earth can the run rate only go up by 0.96?
They use ODI D/L calculator not T20 calculator;)

Brilliant innings from Sarwan at the end. Windies look like they could sneak in over Pak/Sri Lanka (I'm guessing NZL will be 2nd if they win tomorrow) as their batting down the order is beginning to fire, as well.

What was the news on Fidel's injury?

He means GAYS, Lee.

And stop taking the bait ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread