Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

Poor bowling from Anderson today. Bopara was good as always, maybe it a slow but he played himself in. His dismissal was quite cheap, same with KP. Disappointed at the way they went out tbh. No more Bopara in the tournament :(.

Poor bowling from Anderson today. Bopara was good as always, maybe it a slow but he played himself in. His dismissal was quite cheap, same with KP. Disappointed at the way they went out tbh. No more Bopara in the tournament :(.

Their dismissals only looked cheap because they're the only 2 batsmen in the side. If we had some actual depth in batting they'd have been applauded for their efforts.

Congratulations to the Windies. Picked their game after being destroyed in the tests and ODIs. England have done well though overall, much much improved from 2007.

I agree with Gas though, England have always seemed to target 140-160.

Go on, Nas!

Actually agree with him querying the non-selection of Napier. Don't agree with him constantly jumping on the Mascheranas bandwagon though, think he's proven he's not a good enough batsman to hit at the end consistently. I'll post what should have been the proper XI once more:

1. Bopara
2. Davies +
3. Pietersen *
4. Shah
5. Trott
6. Patel
7. Napier
8. Flintoff/Gashid
9. Broad
10. Swann
11. Sidebottom

Gashid obviously would have played in this tournament, with Fred replacing him in future. More than 2 batsmen in that side!

I think the better team won in the end. England were just lucky to win the recent ODI series. WI did it with out edwards.that shows their character. Stuart broad's dirty tactics didn't work today. Dwayne bravo was great and so was sarwan. They will face pakistan in the semis now.i'm very happy with the result.

I think the better team won in the end. England were just lucky to win the recent ODI series. WI did it with out edwards.that shows their character. Stuart broad's dirty tactics didn't work today. Dwayne bravo was great and so was sarwan. They will face pakistan in the semis now.i'm very happy with the result.
Pakistan could still finish 2nd so the semi finals aren't yet guaranteed.

"England were just lucky to win the recent ODI series" :rolleyes:

Well played, Windies. It was a tough target to chase down and halfway through, I really thought we had you. Frustrating when it goes to D/L though, you never know what might have happened if it was for the full twenty. Oh well; our scores in this tournament have never been enough and today, we ran out of luck. And what was KP doing playing that paddle sweep? He was driving superbly, if he'd stuck to that, we would've won for sure. :(

Anyway, once again well done to the West Indies and good luck in the Semis. I hope you go on to win it, I've always liked West Indies cricket.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

BS. We deserved to win the ODI games and as for Stuart Broad's 'dirty tactics'? What the hell are you on about? Are you talking about bowling round the wicket, wide outside off-stump? What's 'dirty' about that?

and as for Stuart Broad's 'dirty tactics'? What the hell are you on about? Are you talking about bowling round the wicket, wide outside off-stump? What's 'dirty' about that?

He probably couldn't actually think of anything he just wants to try and slag England off. However, with us being normal fans we aren't going to react and go flying off the handle ;)

We were, Lee. Can't argue with that logic.

Using a scientific formula:

Success + Victory = Luck + Bitterness
Success - Victory = Bitterness - Luck
Success = Luck - Bitterness
Success + Bitterness = Luck
Bitterness - Success = bcvstheworld

I won't even pretend to know what I'm doing here.

Yeah you're right again, England was real lucky to win the recent ODI series.

Users who are viewing this thread